We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

I'm so silly! Getting used to the Xbox and kinect.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-27-2010, 03:53 AM
Hi guys,

My sympathies for anyone who got Kinect for christmas like me and played it a bit too much. I played so much kinect sports (14hrs on christmas day), that I woke up today and it took me 5 whole minutes to get out of bed as my body ached so much. I empathise with everyone who feels like that today. Hence I decided to play some none kinect games today.

First xbox as you probably know and been really wondering about how to get the voice chat working. Kinect seems to not be recording my voice in games as far as I know when I try to talk to people. Got the headset and tried plugging it into TV and didn't fit the jack and it seemed quite short cable.

Only now after struggling for a full 2 days do I discover that the headset plugs into the the controller. I have been looking all over my xbox for the port for the headset lol.

Anyway, I have since found that you need to turn off kinect microphone in settings to use the headset for gamechat for none kinect games. Just in case anyone thought their headset was now broken.

I'm new to the Xbox 360 scene, so don't know anyone on Xbox live yet. So please add me (Gamertag:ywith), as would like to have someone to play kinect games and other xbox 360 games with at Christmas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2010, 05:53 AM
RE: I'm so silly! Getting used to the Xbox and kinect.
I've been sore all day from playing Your Shape for like 20 minutes yesterday. That game is going to make me lose some weight. SmileHad to skip today because my legs are jello.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
12-27-2010, 05:38 PM
(12-27-2010 03:53 AM)ywith Wrote:  Hi guys,

My sympathies for anyone who got Kinect for christmas like me and played it a bit too much. I played so much kinect sports (14hrs on christmas day), that I woke up today and it took me 5 whole minutes to get out of bed as my body ached so much. I empathise with everyone who feels like that today. Hence I decided to play some none kinect games today.

First xbox as you probably know and been really wondering about how to get the voice chat working. Kinect seems to not be recording my voice in games as far as I know when I try to talk to people. Got the headset and tried plugging it into TV and didn't fit the jack and it seemed quite short cable.

Only now after struggling for a full 2 days do I discover that the headset plugs into the the controller. I have been looking all over my xbox for the port for the headset lol.

Anyway, I have since found that you need to turn off kinect microphone in settings to use the headset for gamechat for none kinect games. Just in case anyone thought their headset was now broken.

You do know you don't need your headset now that you have the kinect? You may have to go into you audio and/or kinect settings to enable it. You can use the kinect for voice/video chat and to chat while paying games, even not kinect games.
12-27-2010, 07:18 PM
hi adam , its kirsty , my msn is kirsty.osborne1@hotmail.co.uk and i live in leicester with mr.benn 76 oh and im 31
12-27-2010, 07:48 PM
cool cheers. I've added you. And i'm 24

I'm new to the Xbox 360 scene, so don't know anyone on Xbox live yet. So please add me (Gamertag:ywith), as would like to have someone to play kinect games and other xbox 360 games with at Christmas.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Xbox Fun Labs ewo1992 23 932 06-13-2011 08:17 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  check out this kinect boxing match xbox live. Jersmall 11 689 06-01-2011 01:15 AM
Last Post: Mrzocor
  You cannot play Yoostar 2 on Xbox 4G mojoman8693 6 1,268 05-10-2011 05:37 AM
Last Post: slmraiders
  Windows Phone 7 will soon Kinect with Xbox james32985 1 856 02-22-2011 03:48 AM
Last Post: legreffer
  Kinect fantastic, but xbox 360 slim problems. Help please!!!! ywith 24 3,910 01-11-2011 09:14 PM
Last Post: ywith
  [Engadget.com] Kinect for Xbox 360 Review Dre 10 1,403 12-07-2010 09:55 AM
Last Post: Clemens