We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

I've decided to get serious about losing weight.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-30-2011, 04:16 AM
When it comes to exercise I'm one of those people who will get motivated for like a week and then just stop. I've decided it's about time to get SERIOUS about everything and actually reach my goal eventually. I'm 20 years old, 5'9'', and weigh about 225. I've been heavy since elementary school. So obesity is nothing new to me. I've gotten to the point where I've had enough of it. I just recently got the Kinect for Christmas, and have bought Dance Central 2 and Zumba. I figured these would be great to throw into a workout routine! I also figured getting outside support from other people along the same path would keep me going. I read some of the weight loss stories on here and they are absolutely inspiring! Heart

My goal is to lose at least 50 pounds. That would put me at about 175...

I'm anxious and excited to start my weight loss adventure, and have some fun along the way! I'm just ready for it. Here's to a healthier life! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2011, 05:02 AM
RE: I've decided to get serious about losing weight.
If you feel like doing Zumba with other people, join our sessions! Smile

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
12-30-2011, 05:14 AM
I unfortunately can't. Thanks for the offer though! I can't get any internet faster than dial-up where I live. I have to use an air card from Verizon. I have a feeling using Xbox Live on that would use my monthly usage limit up in no time flat. It's depressing actually. Haha Smile
01-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Keep posting Pink, I am starting this also. I would love to hear your progress. I got a 360 with kinect for Christmas with YS, I have gotten Zumba I wasn't sure if that would be useful for a guy or not. I'm shooting for 30 pounds.
01-03-2012, 04:05 AM
Hey good luck! I have a 20 lb goal!! Kinect + eating right + gym also! I just did a 20 minute session on DC2 and i'm soaked in sweat. SO awesome. Keep us updated!!
01-03-2012, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 05:35 PM by m0st W4nt3d 1.)
Wink RE: I've decided to get serious about losing weight.
After reading some of these testimonials, I think I'm going to jump on the bandwagon. I'm 26, 5'8 and currently weigh 250ish. I used to be active and played on high school and College baseball and football teams but since graduating 3 years ago I let myself go. I have a question for all of you Kinect enthusiasts: Which game do you think will tone/cut me up? I am a pretty good dancer and can do about 25 - 30 pushups without losing form. My goal is around 190 but I want to start realistic (losing 15 pounds to start)

I bought the Kinect to get my lazy A$$ off the couch so help me reach my goal!

-Evan

Oh ya and my gamer tag is my Username Smile
01-03-2012, 07:00 PM
(01-03-2012 05:33 PM)m0st W4nt3d 1 Wrote:  After reading some of these testimonials, I think I'm going to jump on the bandwagon. I'm 26, 5'8 and currently weigh 250ish. I used to be active and played on high school and College baseball and football teams but since graduating 3 years ago I let myself go. I have a question for all of you Kinect enthusiasts: Which game do you think will tone/cut me up? I am a pretty good dancer and can do about 25 - 30 pushups without losing form. My goal is around 190 but I want to start realistic (losing 15 pounds to start)

-Evan

most of the kinect games are good workouts! the sports games include Kinect Sports and Kinect Sports Season 2. Kinect Adventures requires a good amount of energy (especially if you're jumping to get the speed boost). The Wipeout games can get you wiped out physically.

Dance Central 2, Dance Central, and Just Dance 3 (no experience with The Black Eyed Peas Experience or Michael Jackson).

for the exercise games, there's UFC Personal Trainer with lots of punching and kicking. There's Your Shape Fitness and Your Shape Fitness 2012. There's Zumba Fitness and The Biggest Loser which both have online multiplayer. Jillian Michaels Fitness Adventure makes it a game (looks like Tomb Raider). There's EA Sports Active 2.

even the poorly reviewed Fighters Uncaged will give you a good workout.

lots of great options and I only listed a few.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
01-04-2012, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 11:00 PM by Pink Panther.)
(01-03-2012 03:33 AM)T-Lowe5768 Wrote:  Keep posting Pink, I am starting this also. I would love to hear your progress. I got a 360 with kinect for Christmas with YS, I have gotten Zumba I wasn't sure if that would be useful for a guy or not. I'm shooting for 30 pounds.

I don't see why you couldn't do the Zumba. It seems like it's kinda woman oriented a little, but maybe that's just because the instructor is a woman. You might be able to change the instructor... I don't know. I think it's meant for both genders though! But who cares. As long as you have fun!! I felt so dumb the first time I did it, but I've continued to use it for a few more days and I have a little bit more fun every time I do it. Seriously, go shake your tush and have some fun!
(01-03-2012 05:33 PM)m0st W4nt3d 1 Wrote:  After reading some of these testimonials, I think I'm going to jump on the bandwagon. I'm 26, 5'8 and currently weigh 250ish. I used to be active and played on high school and College baseball and football teams but since graduating 3 years ago I let myself go. I have a question for all of you Kinect enthusiasts: Which game do you think will tone/cut me up? I am a pretty good dancer and can do about 25 - 30 pushups without losing form. My goal is around 190 but I want to start realistic (losing 15 pounds to start)

-Evan

Glad to hear that you want to do this as well! Good luck to you and your weight loss!!
01-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the encouragement so far I have lost 11 pounds using my kinect and I have started eating better. I feel so euphoric right now and i hope to keep the trend going. I ended up buying Dance Central 2 and I am currently doing YSFE 2 workouts that are very fun and challenging at times. I plan to knock those calories out!!!
02-01-2012, 05:50 AM
I think when you want to lose weight then one must take it very seriously other way it is not possible as so many tempting things come in your way to get away from your aim... to lose weight..
Good that you have lost 11 pounds thats great stick to it to knock out calories.
One of the better workout that may help you to achieve your goal.
http://www.thebiggestloser.info/the-bigg...rkout.html
And the diet you can easily follow
http://www.thebiggestloser.info/biggest-...-diet.html

The Biggest Loser

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RK3's Weight Loss Journey Rapidkirby3k 1 1,122 08-15-2012 03:56 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
Rainbow My weight loss journey... GaelicDream 2 1,216 04-18-2012 03:19 AM
Last Post: GaelicDream
  My kinect weight loss journey Kendrab2315 56 48,175 02-29-2012 03:36 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  My Weight Loss (Hopefully Supplemented with Kinect) DogsInTheMitten 12 2,684 02-20-2012 05:15 PM
Last Post: DogsInTheMitten
Smile Weight Loss Journey with Kinect colta 5 2,594 01-28-2012 02:59 AM
Last Post: colta
Lightbulb Losing Weight the Kinect Way m0st W4nt3d 1 1 1,871 01-25-2012 06:10 PM
Last Post: DogsInTheMitten