everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Information and help needed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Information and help needed!
09-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Bug Information and help needed!
Hi everyone in the forum. I subscribed to this forum searching for info and advices from people who knows, you guys.

I'm just beginning in Kinect giant world. I'm trying to make a DIY multitouch projected screen. I've searched everywhere for this app i've seen once... was kind like this: begin selecting 4 points in the image received from Kinect. This four points creates an area where the screen is supposed to be and people should touch. The app creates in this area X and Y lines for coordinates. When someone places a hand in the area you selected the app automatically measures where the person is touching in coordinates and transforms it to a "click" or a move for example.

Did I explained my self in the right way? I'm from Argentina and my English isn't native.

Another Q: Does IR lasers from Kinect go all trough the way of a (for example) a 3M light gray film sticked over a 2cm glass?

The IR light sent by Kinect should make a IR light projection all over the glass and when someone places a hand on the other side of the glass both light and hand shadow crashes and makes a IR light blob that the camera receives. That's the basic concept of IR functioning rear projected multitouch screens.

Thanks a lot! Best regards,
Conrado Amadeo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2011, 01:10 AM
RE: Information and help needed!
You got to do the river mod by stonewall first.
10-21-2011, 01:58 AM
Information RE: Information and help needed!
I don't know about your second question but this might help with your first if you click through to the video's page: