We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Is there any point to have an xbox live gold account for kinect?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2011, 06:12 PM
I wonder if there is any point to have xbox gold live if I only have kinectgames and no sports games. Kinect adventures and kinectimals does not have online multiplayer and winter sports seems not to have any online players. I also tried to connect online with dance evolution but could not find any players. I have not tried dance central.
Is it so that there are few persons connected to the live or is it because I have not played the games enough?
Is it only the kinect sports that have online palyers or is it also only a few?
Is there any reason to have xbox live gold for kinect games?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2011, 06:19 PM
RE: Is there any point to have an xbox live gold account for kinect?
You may want to check this thread, you can find games that are multiplayer: https://123kinect.com/kinect-forums/Threa...Games-here

[Image: legreffer.jpg]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
12-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Information RE: Is there any point to have an xbox live gold account for kinect?
(12-06-2011 06:12 PM)cazz2 Wrote:  I wonder if there is any point to have xbox gold live if I only have kinectgames and no sports games. Kinect adventures and kinectimals does not have online multiplayer and winter sports seems not to have any online players. I also tried to connect online with dance evolution but could not find any players. I have not tried dance central.
Is it so that there are few persons connected to the live or is it because I have not played the games enough?

I'm pretty sure you need Xbox Live Gold if you want to play online multi-player for all games even Kinect ones, so if you haven't got it that's probably why you can't find anyone to play.
12-06-2011, 06:59 PM
(12-06-2011 06:12 PM)cazz2 Wrote:  I wonder if there is any point to have xbox gold live if I only have kinectgames and no sports games. Kinect adventures and kinectimals does not have online multiplayer and winter sports seems not to have any online players. I also tried to connect online with dance evolution but could not find any players. I have not tried dance central.

Kinect Adventures does have online multiplayer! I don't know about Dance Evolution since I don't have that title. The best truly online Kinect games are the Kinect Sports titles.

for Xbox Live Gold to truly be worth it, you have to have at least 1 friend on your list that is somewhat dependable. try adding people from this site to your friends list.

If you really like gaming and you really like the communal aspect, Xbox Live Gold is worth it (Xbox Live Free is available for free to anyone, by the way). Just the party chat feature alone is worth it. All your friends can be doing different things and still be able to chat with each other. One person can be watching Netflix, another can be playing Modern Warfare 3, another can be playing Gears of War 3, etc. and everyone can talk to each other. Even within the same game, it's worth it. Let's say you and your friends are playing Gears of War 2. Because of the party chat feature, you can talk the entire time you are at the dashboard or at the menus of the game, so you can discuss what game mode you can play, what map to play, etc. Other game systems only allow in-game chatting and only if the game supports voice chat.

So take a Kinect game that has no online multiplayer component like Wipeout. You can sort of make it multiplayer through voice chat. My friend and I can set the same course and start the race at the same time. And we can jab back and forth the whole time we're running the course. And then see the leaderboard get updated. You can do that with any non-online Kinect game. My friend and I jab back and forth while playing Fruit Ninja.

The online kinect games are slim at this point. There's Zumba Fitness. The Biggest Loser. Kinect Adventures. Kinect Sports 1 and Kinect Sports Season 2. Forza Motorsport 4. Halo Anniversary. If any slipped my mind, apologies.

And you have full control over chatting. You control who you want to listen to, who can listen to you, you can mute on an individual basis or on a global scale. No more dealing with 12 year old kids acting like 12 year old kids. Just listen and chat with your friends.

Rocksmith has online component and only partial leaderboards (leaderboards for the minigames but not for the songs). My friend and I play Rocksmith together over Xbox Live through the party chat feature. We can talk back and forth about what song we're playing how we're doing with so-and-so riff, etc. etc. During the ducks game, we're gabbing back and forth about how big our combo is, what our score is, etc. Really a cool feature and one of the defining features of Xbox Live.

There are so many reasons why Xbox Live Gold is worth it outside of the multiplayer gaming. Even the Netflix viewing parties is totally worth it. My friends and I used to have movie night or do viewing marathons when we were in college. But post-college, we got scattered across the country. But with Netflix and Xbox, we can recreate movie night. We can watch the same thing together automatically and chat together if we choose to. Sure, you can fake the Netflix experience on other systems (by timing when you hit play for the movie simultaneously and use something like Skype), but it's so cumbersome.

In fact, multiplayer gaming is near the bottom of my list (party chat is the top). Other ecosystems tout that they have the same features but the features on Xbox Live are more polished, more fleshed out, and more consistent.

There are lots of other reasons why Xbox Live Gold is worth it that I haven't mentioned (already typed too much).

So, get a wireless headset (preferably the older ones since they grip your ear better during the jumping around you do with Kinect games).

like this one:
[Image: 31BkdmWJZeL._AA300_.jpg]

And add friends. 1 good friend is all it takes to show you the value of online gaming.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
12-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Information RE: Is there any point to have an xbox live gold account for kinect?
You forgot to mention that a lot of demos are now first available for Xbox Live Gold users, others have to wait a while. Also is the rewards program only for Xbox Live Gold users or is it for Silver users too? You get 100msp a month I think plus various bonus points for everything (I think, if not then most things) you buy through Xbox Live.
12-07-2011, 08:33 AM
I have xbox live gold but I can not find anyone to play with when I choose multiplayer on winterstars and dance master evolution.
I can not use netflix in my country.
Why can the computer ( xbox) not find any randomly person to play with? Does the xbox only search for friends on my friend list? Or does the xbox match me up with players that are equal players?
12-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Maybe because they're not very popular games? I don't know about DanceMasters, but even though WinterStars is a good game, it is very little known. You are not limited to your friends, it should find any players.

12-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks.
12-07-2011, 06:30 PM
(12-07-2011 03:23 PM)cazz2 Wrote:  Thanks.

not knowing those titles, I don't know if those titles have matchmaking. not every xbox title does. maybe Zee can test out the online multiplayer with you???

12-07-2011, 07:54 PM
LOL if I get a break from all these games TongueYou can add me cazz, gamertag is thezeeman

[Image: thezeeman.png]
12-16-2011, 03:58 AM
Yeah, the point to having Xbox Live Gold is the social aspect of it all really. If you want to be involved in the community, with leaderboards, parties, friends, and online play, then yes I suggest Gold. If you are a loner and want to just play by yourself, then stick with no Live or just Silver. Isn't Silver free?

I don't play Kinect for the graphics. I don't play Kinect to get into shape. I play Kinect because it is fun. I play Kinect because it is innovative. I play Kinect... because it is the future.
12-16-2011, 05:01 AM
seriously, the Xbox is the most social system around. that's worth the price of admission. any system that let's you just hang out with your friends and play games is a good thing. the party chat feature alone is worth the cost of Xbox Live Gold. Sometimes I'll boot up the Xbox just to talk to people. No gaming involved. It's weird to see people just sit at the dash and talk but it happens all the time.

I'm not a competitive person. I don't go online to play to get the most kills. I just want to chill with my friends while playing a game. If I wanted to play by myself or play in a virtual room filled by a bunch of strangers, I would stick to my legacy systems or play on the PS3 or Wii. On the PS3, people either don't chat or are cursing expletives while you play. With the party chat feature, you never have to tolerate that anymore. You control who you want to listen to, who can listen to you, you can mute on an individual basis or on a global scale. No more dealing with 12 year old kids acting like 12 year old kids. Just listen and chat with your friends.

Gold isn't a bullet point kind of thing. It's a lifestyle. I could be trying out a demo and then while I'm playing it, I tell my friends in the party to go check out this cool new game and the whole group goes and downloads it. My friend tells me he just watched a cool vid in youtube and we go to youtube to watch it together. We can have a party and someone drops in, and everyone says hi. It's like being back in college where it's so easy to meet new people and just chill. No barriers. Just have fun.

My $3/month for Gold brought me a lot more entertainment value than $50 of basic cable TV could do.

12-16-2011, 06:44 AM
Speaking of that, I got a code for a bonus month of gold with my KS2, will it be added to my existing 1-year subscription of GOLD?

12-16-2011, 09:21 AM
(12-16-2011 06:44 AM)legreffer Wrote:  Speaking of that, I got a code for a bonus month of gold with my KS2, will it be added to my existing 1-year subscription of GOLD?

yes, it will concatenate to your account.

12-25-2011, 05:45 PM
The XBox Live Gold Family membership is by far the best gaming deal out there...even if you don't have a "family"! For $99 you get 1 year of XBox Live Gold for up to 4 accounts (plus the parental controls, etc.). My wife and I don't really play online, but when my kids' friends come over they use our accounts if they don't have one. I've never cared for the pay-as-you-go approach...I'd much rather just pay once and be done with it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Xbox Live frequently asked questions (FAQ) dirtyvu 8 1,165 04-15-2012 01:06 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  Getting on Xbox.com website problem meistroracer 3 3,283 06-05-2011 01:33 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Best orientation for xbox 360 ywith 5 6,998 04-04-2011 07:35 PM
Last Post: Dre
  Xbox Pal/NTSC Kinect kavi14 6 8,127 01-03-2011 07:18 AM
Last Post: santoshverma23
  how do i get xbox live free. sande 2 3,098 12-19-2010 03:52 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Kinect Bundle NTSC and XBox 360 Pal Leksei4 3 4,958 12-02-2010 04:21 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan