/ / v /

Kinect First Revealed... In 2005??!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kinect First Revealed... In 2005??!
04-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Exclamation Kinect First Revealed... In 2005??!
Check out what appears to be Kinect being used in the movie The Island that came out in 2005! You can even clearly see Xbox logos in the scene!!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2011, 11:30 PM
RE: Kinect First Revealed... In 2005??!
It's a nice find, I'll give you that. But I'm not sure what to think of it besides that. It could be that this inspired their vision, but it could also be the logical next step in gaming future...

Your take? Big Grin

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-19-2011, 02:10 AM
Lightbulb RE: Kinect First Revealed... In 2005??!
(04-18-2011 11:30 PM)Clemens Wrote:  It's a nice find, I'll give you that. But I'm not sure what to think of it besides that. It could be that this inspired their vision, but it could also be the logical next step in gaming future...

Your take? Big Grin

I actually wonder if Microsoft have been planning to have a Kinect type of device ever since the first Xbox and that it had nothing to do with "copying" the Wii or EyeToy. Here's some possible evidence:

Remember the first tech demo of the original Xbox? It was a girl controlling a robot with her body! (From 01:00 onwards.)

Then there was the (bannedUndecided) Xbox 360 advert featuring people shooting each other with their hands.

Finally there's the Xbox 360 slogan "Jump In" which makes even more sense with Kinect as you can literally jump into Kinect games at any time and Kinect detects you instantly.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)