everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Kinect Open-Source

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Kinect Open-Source
12-17-2010, 02:36 AM
RE: Kinect Open-Source
This gets even more awesome about half-way through and it's a big "in-your-face!" to Kinect doubters. Big Grin Behold the power of Kinect! (I have the urge to add "Mwahahahaha!!" Lol!)

I can't wait for some Kinect beat-em-ups!!! Not 1-on-1, although more of those would be cool too, but like a new Streets Of Rage or Golden Axe?! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2010, 03:05 AM
Core where the heck do you find all of this stuff lol

[Image: thezeeman.png]
12-17-2010, 03:14 AM
(12-17-2010 03:05 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Core where the heck do you find all of this stuff lol

YouTube! Big Grin It's really amazing what just single people can do and really makes me excited for what the professional game developers must be working on. Come on, show us already developers!!
12-17-2010, 03:52 AM
I know lol - I think Forza will be first since Turn10 is Microsoft's baby Tongue

[Image: thezeeman.png]
12-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Wow! Nice find Core. This is awesome. Imagine this Ork pirate (I think that is what it is) fighting aboard a ship with other people real people also controling their avatars via Kinect. Haha. This is exactly how I imagine a Kinect-MMO would work.
12-22-2010, 03:57 AM
(11-28-2010 04:32 PM)Nick Wrote:  Awesome! Quake on Kinect! Thanks for posting. Hopefully they find a way to make the control a little more responsive. The forward and backward movements seemed to be the easiest for this guy. I currently play some pc games with my 360 controller for windows. I make my own control schemes via xpadder (xpadder.com). I can't wait to see someone build a control mapping interface that I can use with PC games.

Looks like someone is trying to do this over at Open-Kinect.

Gesture Based Key Mapping - Brian Schiesl

Using a full body skeleton to map a gesture and bind it to a single key press or a string of key presses.
Along with a key press it would also need to have a programmable gesture (toggle on/off) that would have the mouse track a hand.
Record and Bind Gestures
gesture brings up start/stop/save interface
This would allow gamers to feel more like the actual character in a game as well as allow non gamers the ability to control their computer with their own set of gestures.
View visible representation of gesture, modify properties
Name gesture
Associate gesture with an application or trigger an event
12-22-2010, 10:01 PM
anime dancing game!

Now this is a cool dancing game I would get! The animations are fabulous and it tracks the person really really well!
I couldn't stop laughing when the guy couldn't keep up with the other dancers and was pooped at the end.

Here's a previous version of his demo before he got the leg tracking working:

12-23-2010, 03:44 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2010 03:44 AM by Nick.)
Kinect + VR
Ok... This is by far the craziest demo of open-kinect I have seen. This single guy created a Virtual city block and blended Virtual Reality with Kinect. You will notice the guy interacting as that Miko anime chic or whatever... You'll see collision detection and character interaction. I want to see whats next! Music is a tad annoying. Tongue Watch the whole thing!

01-05-2011, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2011 08:14 PM by dirtyvu.)

saw this. couldn't stop laughing when i first watched it. augmented reality!

01-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Having grew up watching dubbed Ultraman, I find that first video awesome. I can't wait for some of this tech to start making into Kinect games.
01-06-2011, 01:47 AM
I love the Ultraman video and that's the sort of thing I was thinking about in regards to controlling an Iron Man game. (Except in a regular game, not an augmented reality one, apart from the start where Jarvis would put the suit on you.)
01-06-2011, 03:11 AM
Yes. That Ultraman video is awesome. Imagine that game with VR glasses where you are in a VR world and can see everything you are doing in real-time. How nutty some of this stuff is! Imagine developers merging VR + Kinect + Voice + Haptics. They could make some CRAZY gaming experiences.

Here is a video showing texting via Kinect as well as mouse control.

01-06-2011, 06:43 AM
(01-06-2011 03:11 AM)Nick Wrote:  Here is a video showing texting via Kinect as well as mouse control.

WTH just happened???? how did he do that???
01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
8Pen App for fast text messaging Big Grin. Incorporated into Kinect. look up 8pen on app marketplace for your android phone. It is free.

I just came across a texting app that looks even better than 8pen though like 8pen, I don't know how this works Dodgy... Imagine this + Kinect. You could send messages to your friends without a controller. Check out the video on it.

01-10-2011, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2011 06:08 AM by Nick.)
The best use of Kinect with FPS yet! Needs the help of WiiMote for aiming and easy movement.