We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Kinect Open-Source

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Kinect Open-Source
03-31-2011, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2011 02:44 AM by Corellianrogue.)
RE: Kinect Open-Source
(03-31-2011 02:07 AM)legreffer Wrote:  
(03-31-2011 12:14 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  Cool hand & finger tracking!! Big Grin

Cool.
Just like surface...but without it !!!

Actually there was a Kinect hack I saw the other day that was just like Surface. I was going to post it but forgot, I'll see if I can find it again.
OK, I found this. I'm sure I saw another video of it where they were using objects too, like that Microsoft video where they had projectors + Kinects and were taking things from a table, holding it in their hand then putting it on the wall and stuff. I mean that's what the Microsoft video was like, the Kinect video I'm sure I saw just had someone doing stuff with objects on a desk that were tracked by Kinect. Anyway, here's the Surface-style Kinect video I found:

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Home automation and lighting control with Kinect - Link to blog

Pretty cool !

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
05-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Big Grin RE: Kinect Open-Source
Kinect juggling! I was waiting for someone to do this. Smile

05-11-2011, 02:11 PM
(05-11-2011 10:06 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  Kinect juggling! I was waiting for someone to do this. Smile

Wow, so cool!!

05-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Exclamation RE: Kinect Open-Source
Another awesome Kinect hack that definitely has potential for games! Big Grin

05-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Information RE: Kinect Open-Source
Another cool collection of tech demos. Check out 02:33, baseball! Big Grin

05-27-2011, 03:09 AM
Awesome face tracking using Kinect!

05-31-2011, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2011 11:33 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Great example of a Kinect first-person game! Big Grin (Remember it's a "Kinect hack", obviously if it was a fully developed game by professional developers the controls would be less clunky and more natural.)

How do I post a message that's separate to my previous one so it's counted as a new message? I want to make separate ones so that there aren't too many videos per page.
05-31-2011, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2011 05:54 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Another great first-person Kinect hack!:

05-31-2011, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2011 09:33 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Hopefully this cool Kinect hack should help the "imaginatively challenged" see more of Kinect's potential:

06-02-2011, 09:27 PM
(11-27-2010 06:36 PM)Nick Wrote:  I think we may need a Kinect Open-Source related forum. In the meantime, perhaps we can post open-source Kinect info (projects, specs etc...) here.

This guy made Mario Bros playable with Kinect! I thought this was pretty cool and shows that people can use Kinect as a control for non-XBox 360 games.

To many different windows open. too confusing! Not good.
06-03-2011, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2011 02:13 AM by Clemens.)

Since the dawn of Kinect hacking, we've seen cameras strung together (or rotated) to create 3D, video game-like environments, while others have tweaked it for headtracking. Others, still, have used it for teleconferencing (albeit, the flat, two-dimensional variety). Now, a team of researchers have gone and thrown it all together to achieve 3D video chats, and if we do say so, the result is greater than a sum of its parts. The group, based out of UNC-Chapel Hill, uses 3D mapping (and at least four Kinects) to render the video, and then employs headtracking on the receiving end so that people tuning in will actually see the live video in 3D, even without wearing 3D glasses. The result: a tableau that follows you as you move your head and spin around restlessly in your desk chair waiting for the meeting to end. That's mighty impressive, but we can't help but wonder: do you really want to see your colleagues in such lifelike detail? Have a gander at the video and decide for yourself.
Source: http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/02/resea...encing-vi/

Looks cool!! Big Grin

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2011, 03:21 AM
Thumbs Up RE: Kinect Open-Source
Wow! 3D movies and games coming to Xbox 360 without the need for 3DTVs or 3D glasses maybe?! Also that 360 degree 3D video using 4 Kinects could be used for making full 3D holographic video!!! (Now we just need home holographic projectors to play it back with, lol!)
06-03-2011, 04:42 AM
Awesome!!! This + skype Big Grin

06-08-2011, 03:03 AM
This is awesome! Object tracking plus motion capture and the character being controlled by motion capture is on the object that's being tracked and it's all in augmented reality!

Come on developers, use all the stuff like this!