Xbox Kinect

/ / v /

Kinect Open-Source

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Kinect Open-Source
01-10-2011, 11:59 AM
RE: Kinect Open-Source
(01-10-2011 06:05 AM)Nick Wrote:  The best use of Kinect with FPS yet! Needs the help of WiiMote for aiming and easy movement.

I saw this guy's COD and other videos. Either he's running crappy Intel graphics, has a horribly slow CPU, or his hack takes up way too many resources. The framerate is horrible. It seems like it runs between 15 and 24 fps.

for FPS, I want KBM with something like XIM3. Or if you had to have kinect integration, put in headtracking, arm motions for throwing stuff like grenades or hand signals, and voice commands.

the only time I would consider kinect as a full body game would be a third person shooter like gears. but definitely not a first person shooter.

I do give the guy an A for effort considering how many commercial games he hacked.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2011, 02:10 AM
Yes. His CPU is pretty bad. It's a Toshiba Satelite or something with 2 MB Memory. He posted the specs on his youtube. I still find this very impressive.
01-16-2011, 07:19 PM
http://projects.ict.usc.edu/mxr/faast/forum/

Due to popular demand, a FAAST Forum has been added for tech support and questions about the app. People are posting their key-bindings and scripts for popular games. Mouse support has been added. More customized gesture control being added in future releases. Is anybody fooling with this yet?

Check out Black and White played with Kinect. It litterally looks as if this game was designed for Kinect!

01-23-2011, 02:00 AM
This shows what the future of FPS could be!! This is my favorite Kinect Hack to date. Kinect + Handheld gun rigged with a Wiimote and VR Glasses!

01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Wow Nick, Black and White Kinect would indeed be awesome if playable like that Smile. That last hack is just plain crazy Tongue, but fun Big Grin hehe.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Exclamation RE: Kinect Open-Source
This is totally awesome! Imagine an actual full size mech!!ExclamationBig Grin (And no, there's nothing wrong with your PC, unfortunately the video is jerky for some reason. Sad)

01-25-2011, 10:49 PM
yeah... if only Steel Battalion will be something like this :O Big Grin

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-26-2011, 12:25 AM
(01-25-2011 10:49 PM)Clemens Wrote:  yeah... if only Steel Battalion will be something like this :O Big Grin

That would be pretty funny. Instead of the full size control panel that came with the first one you actually get an entire full size mech and a pass for a real life mech training ground! Big Grin The downside? Instead of costing £150 it costs £150,000. lol!
01-30-2011, 08:43 PM
(01-26-2011 12:25 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  
(01-25-2011 10:49 PM)Clemens Wrote:  yeah... if only Steel Battalion will be something like this :O Big Grin

That would be pretty funny. Instead of the full size control panel that came with the first one you actually get an entire full size mech and a pass for a real life mech training ground! Big Grin The downside? Instead of costing £150 it costs £150,000. lol!

A mech army fighting in a far off land, controlled by people playing XBox @ home....Heh. Kinda crazy when you think about it. This could be possible if a country lined up all the proper tech and networked it. Imagine droids and mechs taking the place of human soldiers.
02-02-2011, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2011 05:02 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Exclamation RE: Kinect Open-Source
I can't believe I didn't think of this myself, it's simple but GENIUS!!! Cool Want buttons? Just draw some yourself, lol! Tongue

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!