everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / v /

Kinect Sports (Boxing)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kinect Sports (Boxing)
11-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Kinect Sports (Boxing)
I've been messing around with Boxing playing both the AI and online opponents. Unfortunately it seems that flailing (just like Wii Boxing) wins out alot. I have come to the conclusion that if you pretend your opponent is a speedbag and mix in the occasional body shot, you will win. Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2010, 10:41 PM
RE: Kinect Sports (Boxing)
Somewhat, you just need to know how to counter. If you block 3 consecutive shots, you build up your "power" - represented by the 3 triangle things underneath the life bar. Once you have full power, cock your shoulder back and land one hit, you then take about 90% of your opponents life way, then it's a simple 2 punch combo and they are down. Works against kids like crazy because they don't know how to block Big Grin

[Image: thezeeman.png]
11-13-2010, 10:48 PM
(11-13-2010 08:22 PM)Nick Wrote:  I've been messing around with Boxing playing both the AI and online opponents. Unfortunately it seems that flailing (just like Wii Boxing) wins out alot. I have come to the conclusion that if you pretend your opponent is a speedbag and mix in the occasional body shot, you will win. Undecided

I agree. I wish there was some sort of way to fix it but it seems like its not really a fixable problem while still keeping it enjoyable...just an opinion but I don't see this improving too much.
02-20-2011, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2011 06:47 PM by I'mTheBhaddest.)
(11-13-2010 10:41 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Somewhat, you just need to know how to counter. If you block 3 consecutive shots, you build up your "power" - represented by the 3 triangle things underneath the life bar. Once you have full power, cock your shoulder back and land one hit, you then take about 90% of your opponents life way, then it's a simple 2 punch combo and they are down. Works against kids like crazy because they don't know how to block Big Grin

Well , thanks but how do you block?!Huh
(11-13-2010 10:41 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Somewhat, you just need to know how to counter. If you block 3 consecutive shots, you build up your "power" - represented by the 3 triangle things underneath the life bar. Once you have full power, cock your shoulder back and land one hit, you then take about 90% of your opponents life way, then it's a simple 2 punch combo and they are down. Works against kids like crazy because they don't know how to block Big Grin

Wait nvm .
Big Grin
02-20-2011, 07:50 PM
(11-13-2010 08:22 PM)Nick Wrote:  I've been messing around with Boxing playing both the AI and online opponents. Unfortunately it seems that flailing (just like Wii Boxing) wins out alot. I have come to the conclusion that if you pretend your opponent is a speedbag and mix in the occasional body shot, you will win. Undecided

I agree with you about the online component of it, but I haven't really had that experience against the AI on championship difficulty. In order to beat the AI I have to block and counter punch, flailing just gets me knocked on my rump.
07-16-2011, 04:26 PM

This is not true Blocking beats spam. Big Grin
11-21-2011, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2011 08:52 PM by Jersmall.)
The only time flaling your arms work is when you are playing agains another flaling noob. it comes down to pure luck beacause sometimes you will block and get power ups without even noticing.

heres my video on how to beat a spammer/speed bagger/ rabbit punches/cat paws/arm windmills.

11-22-2011, 05:16 AM
wow! that was just awesome to watch! i'm going to have to try out boxing again. i still have problems blocking, especially if they constantly flail top and bottom punches (can't switch blocking between the two well).

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
11-22-2011, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2011 05:38 PM by Jersmall.)
(11-22-2011 05:16 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  wow! that was just awesome to watch! i'm going to have to try out boxing again. i still have problems blocking, especially if they constantly flail top and bottom punches (can't switch blocking between the two well).

yeah boxing can be really frustarting mostly if you don understand how it works 100%. It is acutally 5x easier blocking getthing 2-3 power ups then doing one haymaker.

when you see the guy is stunned he cant acutally hurt me anymore but he was a noob he just kept punching. I could have just gone wild and flurried him instead of blocknig still.

As for switching from block to block i find its super easy. you probably have the face block down good by holding both arms up horizontal. to switch to a body block just instantly put your fists together infront of your solar plexus. before the match stats you can practice or go agains AI just to practice blocks and practice stunning the AI till its too easy.

EDIT: I also noiced that the reaction time of people is about 2 seconds. By this i mean by the time bne punches your block and realises he needs to cahnge levels it takes about 2 seconds.

I do this for almost everyone that changes levels mostly if you get stunned I always block each part for 2 seconds lol.
11-22-2011, 06:12 PM
so you're supposed to block punches while watching that white bar under your name get longer, then unleash punches? will jabs hurt at that point or are you throwing big swings? and are you supposed to throw really fast punches or more deliberate punches?

11-22-2011, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2011 06:30 PM by Jersmall.)
(11-22-2011 06:12 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  so you're supposed to block punches while watching that white bar under your name get longer, then unleash punches? will jabs hurt at that point or are you throwing big swings? and are you supposed to throw really fast punches or more deliberate punches?

the white bar is acutally 3 seperate lights and each time you get a power up you literaly HEAR each one building up. You can also HEAR when you get hit in the face or stomach. A head strike is high pitched while body is low pitched.

You should NOT look at the bar but look at the opponent at all times even after punching. You should be looking at his punches angle if its body or head and if hes blocking. Use your ears to hear punches and power ups.

The critical factor in getting the stun after you have 2-3 power ups is infact the next punch.

1. if you have 2-3 power ups and you throw a jab it will NOT stun.
2. if you have 2-3 power ups and you throw a Jab and instatly follow up with a right punch, it MIGHT stun if you do i fast enough.
3. if you have 2-3 power ups and you throw a haymaker it will stun 100% of the time.(unless its blocked but thats why you keep your eye on he enemy)

Speed in a punch obviously helps beacause you can hit him faster but no bonus damage. a haymaker its really about shoulder rotation, you dont have to go super fast. If you dont know how to do a normal punch ex: jab VS a haymaker thats another different story you should master.
03-31-2012, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2012 04:54 PM by Jersmall.)
(03-31-2012 04:43 AM)arigatou Wrote:  I really do not champion the difficulty, the AI ​​experience. In order to beat the AI to prevent and combat punch, waving just let me knock on my hips.

i am sorry i didnt really understand, however the easiest way to beat AI champ is to block 2-3 punches then deliver a haymaker to stun him.

then you are free to hit as many times as you want for about 4-5 seconds to take him out.
03-31-2012, 09:26 PM
(03-31-2012 04:22 PM)Jersmall Wrote:  
(03-31-2012 04:43 AM)arigatou Wrote:  I really do not champion the difficulty, the AI ​​experience. In order to beat the AI to prevent and combat punch, waving just let me knock on my hips.

i am sorry i didnt really understand, however the easiest way to beat AI champ is to block 2-3 punches then deliver a haymaker to stun him.

then you are free to hit as many times as you want for about 4-5 seconds to take him out.

I'm pretty sure it's a spam bot. It grabs words from previous messages and mashes them together to form a new message. And then at the bottom will always be a link to some merchant retailer.

Yeah, the bots are getting trickier and trickier...

03-31-2012, 10:06 PM
(03-31-2012 09:26 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  
(03-31-2012 04:22 PM)Jersmall Wrote:  

I'm pretty sure it's a spam bot. It grabs words from previous messages and mashes them together to form a new message. And then at the bottom will always be a link to some merchant retailer.

Yeah, the bots are getting trickier and trickier...

ooo good point.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect Sports App bob12c 1 116 Today 01:50 AM
Last Post: Jersmall
  Kinect sports app not working? Jersmall 8 1,092 04-30-2012 07:40 AM
Last Post: kennyboy33
  any tips for the throwing events in Kinect Sports? dirtyvu 17 17,717 03-05-2012 11:20 PM
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards legreffer 21 44,663 03-04-2012 01:48 PM
Last Post: meowingCAT
  Sports stats thread Jersmall 6 3,205 11-22-2011 06:41 PM
  Kinect sports 1 Jersmall 2 895 11-22-2011 06:11 PM