everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Kinect Sports (Boxing)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kinect Sports (Boxing)
11-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Kinect Sports (Boxing)
I've been messing around with Boxing playing both the AI and online opponents. Unfortunately it seems that flailing (just like Wii Boxing) wins out alot. I have come to the conclusion that if you pretend your opponent is a speedbag and mix in the occasional body shot, you will win. Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2010, 10:41 PM
RE: Kinect Sports (Boxing)
Somewhat, you just need to know how to counter. If you block 3 consecutive shots, you build up your "power" - represented by the 3 triangle things underneath the life bar. Once you have full power, cock your shoulder back and land one hit, you then take about 90% of your opponents life way, then it's a simple 2 punch combo and they are down. Works against kids like crazy because they don't know how to block Big Grin

[Image: TheZeeMan]
11-13-2010, 10:48 PM
(11-13-2010 08:22 PM)Nick Wrote:  I've been messing around with Boxing playing both the AI and online opponents. Unfortunately it seems that flailing (just like Wii Boxing) wins out alot. I have come to the conclusion that if you pretend your opponent is a speedbag and mix in the occasional body shot, you will win. Undecided

I agree. I wish there was some sort of way to fix it but it seems like its not really a fixable problem while still keeping it enjoyable...just an opinion but I don't see this improving too much.
02-20-2011, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2011 06:47 PM by I'mTheBhaddest.)
(11-13-2010 10:41 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Somewhat, you just need to know how to counter. If you block 3 consecutive shots, you build up your "power" - represented by the 3 triangle things underneath the life bar. Once you have full power, cock your shoulder back and land one hit, you then take about 90% of your opponents life way, then it's a simple 2 punch combo and they are down. Works against kids like crazy because they don't know how to block Big Grin

Well , thanks but how do you block?!Huh
(11-13-2010 10:41 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Somewhat, you just need to know how to counter. If you block 3 consecutive shots, you build up your "power" - represented by the 3 triangle things underneath the life bar. Once you have full power, cock your shoulder back and land one hit, you then take about 90% of your opponents life way, then it's a simple 2 punch combo and they are down. Works against kids like crazy because they don't know how to block Big Grin

Wait nvm .
Big Grin
02-20-2011, 07:50 PM
(11-13-2010 08:22 PM)Nick Wrote:  I've been messing around with Boxing playing both the AI and online opponents. Unfortunately it seems that flailing (just like Wii Boxing) wins out alot. I have come to the conclusion that if you pretend your opponent is a speedbag and mix in the occasional body shot, you will win. Undecided

I agree with you about the online component of it, but I haven't really had that experience against the AI on championship difficulty. In order to beat the AI I have to block and counter punch, flailing just gets me knocked on my rump.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards legreffer 26 24,224 Today 03:19 PM
Last Post: legreffer
  Kinect Sports Easter Eggs, Tips & Tricks legreffer 29 5,979 06-13-2011 03:08 PM
Last Post: legreffer
  Kinect Sports Soccer league Zumizumoi 0 118 06-12-2011 09:17 PM
Last Post: Zumizumoi
  Kinect sports - not showing replay video PLS HELP Beerage 3 117 06-12-2011 05:47 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
  Kinect Sports 2 Thoughts? Ace12me 27 1,309 06-10-2011 01:08 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Back on Kinect Sports meistroracer 4 231 06-04-2011 02:03 PM
Last Post: wazza