We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / v /

Kinect Sports Easter Eggs, Tips & Tricks

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-07-2011, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2011 04:51 PM by legreffer.)
I'm searching the web to bring as many information as i can here to 123kinect. I will add photo, video, link, etc. Added item will be mark with [NEW]
I'm gonna need your help to fill these lists...thanks

Conduct Crowd (stadium)
  • Raise both hands in the air and they will cheers.
  • Point your hand (cursor) in the sky and fireworks explode.
  • Move your hand (cursor) side to side over the crowd and they will perform the wave.
  • Applaud to the rhythm of music and crowd will follow.

Easter eggs
Tennis :
  • from geekmeister: When it's your turn to serve, wait awhile before serving and watch the referee. She nods off to sleep. Then when you serve, she jerks awake. Quite amusing to watch.
  • You can do a serve behind your back (spin around work too) : throw the ball in the air and when the ball start to fall just hit the ball but on your back, your arm has to be perpendicular to you and around your back.
Sprint :
  • Before the start, move your arms at other players and they will talk to you and move away from you.
  • from Zomb1eHeadShot : You can stop the computer from passing you in the lane on either side of you by putting your arms straight out to your sides, like at the start when the say "stay in your own lane". Good for Sprint & Hurdles
Bowling :
  • Throwing the ball at the crowd make them scream !
  • Bowl overarm and smash the ball down onto the lane. It's easier if do the windmill with your arm. It may take a few attempts. You'll get the Wood Chipper achievement.

Tips & Tricks
Football :
  • Game video guide from Rare Ltd (Link to Blog)

Bowling :
  • from OMLeung: Just want to share what I've learned to do in the following 2 games ...

One Roll Bowl:

Pinvaders:

• from Capn Doug (xbox360achievements.org) :
    Step 1 : Stance seems to be very important. Stand with one foot back (right foot if you are right handed), maybe a foot back from your front heel, my heels lined up since I have slight knock knees, but not sure if that matters. Your feet are going to remain grounded the entire time.

Step 2 : Body angle. You are going to angle your shoulders slightly so that your throwing shoulder is back (right shoulder if you are right handed). I found that when my shoulders were square or turned too much, the ball had a tendency to spin to the side. Your shoulders will move a little during the throw, but not much. Don't open your shounders up so that they are square on the throw.

Step 3 : Approach. Start by lining the ball up with the centre arrow. When you bring the ball back, it should move slightly so that the arrow beside it lights up. That's fine, it comes from the angle of the shoulders.

Step 4 : Release. There will be a slight curve in the release (since you will be going back to the centre arrow on the throw), but finish by moving your arm straight forward and up at the centre arrow. The slight motion should give it enough of a curve to hit the 1 pin, but at a slight angle, preventing the dreaded split. Lean forward a bit, since I found that helped.

Boxing :
  • Here's great tips from Jersmall:
    Thread: Winning with power punches / accuracy + superman punch
    Thread: How to literaly beat a spammer to a pulp
    Thread: Kinect boxing match on xbox live...

• Basics (Jersmall) :
    You have two types of basic punches. small punches and big punches. small punches are when you only move your arm. you know you did a normal punch if you hit the pesron and it did not knock them back.

to do a big punch you need to bring your shoulder back befor you punch. you know when you did a big punch when it knocks the opponent back.

Now that you know the types of punches. you can stun the opponent with 1-3 power ups. keep in mind doing a normal punch will simply waste the power ups unless you follow it up with a hard punch.

to stun with 1 power up you need to do a 1-2 combo JAB then right cross. make sure you bring your shoulder back for the jab so its a hard jab then a hard right cross the combo usually stuns.

to stun with 2 power ups you only need one big punch like a right cross.

to stun with 3 power ups its too easy again it only takes one big punch.

Finally if you stand in a real boxing stance your "power arm" in this case the right arm should back cocked back in your stance already. so everytime you do a right punch it SHOULD be a big punch. Having a propper boxing stance reduces punch wind up time. since you are already cocked back, the INSTANT you hear 2-3 power ups. let loose the MIGHTY RIGHT CROSS.

Note: right cross refers to a straight right punch. similar to a jab but with good technique is more powerfull. more often then not the right cross is a boxers strongest punch irl and in this game.

Table Tennis :

• from Meistroracer :
    When serving stay a close to the table as possible.

React quickly and early when returning a ball.

Move quickly side to side but always return back to the center or middle of table.

Always mix your serves, you'll catch the A.I. off guard most times.

Now when the A.I. is serving, always stay as close to the table as possible and in the middle. This way you are always prepared of the ball coming either side or towards you. An you can react quickly to a good set up shot at angle to where the A.I. can get to it, but when you hit the ball on the other side of the table. You leave the A.i. sometimes standing on the other side. Or it makes a leaping or diving attempt after the ball is long gone. I kinda like those shots.

Always keep an eye on the ball

When approaching a smash or kill shot, smash it quickly after it bounce on your side and at any corner. Keep trying if the A.I. reacts, but also be careful. The A.I. may return with a top spin.

One more...if the A.I. gets a shot that nips the table. You make the A.I. pay for that...by not letting it get anymore points. Yes it is legal, but gosh darn it. Why should it get a point when it knows its in trouble? Remain calm, but go after it.

Volleyball :
Track & Field :
Target kick :
  • [NEW] from OMLeung :
    1. if the initial set of 2 targets are closer to the goal posts than the goalie, start by kicking hard at one of them, that should score a point while moving the goalie away from the center position (where he can protect all targets more easily)

2. if those 2 targets are closely behind goalie, kick far left (or right) away from the goal to get goalie out of the center position

3. avoid being blocked (time killer) by always kicking at target away from goalie if the goalie is standing, or at empty space if there is no unprotected target remaining just to get the goalie out of position

4. kick at target closest to (but above) the goalie if the goalie just went down

5. after hitting a target, aim for the target next closest to the goalie (but far enough from goalie that he won't be able to block) and so on, which should keep the goalie out of position continuously

6. after hitting a full set of targets, wait half a second before kicking (otherwise you will waste a ball on empty space)

7. but do start kicking just before the next set of targets appear (to save a tiny bit of time)

8. always kick firmly so to obtain good speed on balls (slow balls cost time)

9. minimize idle time between kicks

• from JackAttack32 : Kick the ball just before the targets pop up. Almost guaranteed to hit a target by the time the ball gets there, saving a slpit second each time.

Pin Rush :
  • drpatazi, one of our member did 14270 on this one (he played for about 40 min). I throw both balls at the same time. Ideally, I like to get them rolling down the lane side by side without any spin.
    Here is a small clip of it
Achievements
  • Official Rare's video guides and Official Rare's Party Pack video guides

• Invasion Thwarted (Knocked down 50 pins or more in 4 seconds in the Pinvaders)

• Sand Master (Win a match conceding no points in Volleyball - pro or champ) (Credit : Zomb1eHeadShot)

• Goals on a Roll (Scored 10 consecutive goals in the Super Striker) (Credit : Zomb1eHeadShot)

Kinect Sports Glitch

• from Zomb1eHeadShot : Never ending loading or saving in volleyball

[Image: legreffer.jpg]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: dirtyvu
01-07-2011, 08:20 PM
RE: Kinect Sports Easter Eggs, Tips & Tricks
Anyone know how to serve behind the back? I've seen others ask but never got an answer.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2011, 06:27 AM
wow... great thread, legreffer... that 14000 in pin rush is just unreal... *hides own pin rush score*
01-20-2011, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2011 12:01 PM by Clemens.)
THE MAN IS A MACHINE! Awesome.

ow, and great topic starter... Big Grin definitely learned some new stuff Big Grin. Will try to contribute asap to the Kinect Sports Tips.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
 Thanks given by: legreffer
01-28-2011, 03:35 AM
I added 2 achievements and 1 kinect sports glitch

Thanks given by: Zomb1eHeadShot
01-28-2011, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2011 07:41 AM by Zomb1eHeadShot.)
(01-28-2011 03:35 AM)legreffer Wrote:  I added 2 achievements and 1 kinect sports glitch

Thanks for showing my videos legreffer. I will take some pics of my high scores for the leader boards later tomorrow. thanks for commenting also i didnt know of this site before, and I will be sure to pass the word on about it!

Later.

I have a Easter egg to add kind of..
Well for both sprint and hurdles when you are running (especially against champion computer for the achievement) you can stop the computer from passing you in the lane on either side of you by putting your arms straight out to your sides, like at the start when the say "stay in your own lane".
I figured this out when I was going for my champion track and field achievement. I know this is like the other Easter egg but it helped me win against the champion computer! If it helps anyone else great!

Later.
01-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Really an interesting approach to beating the champion level, thx Zombie. Big Grin

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
 Thanks given by: Zomb1eHeadShot
02-18-2011, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2011 05:55 PM by legreffer.)
Added official video guide from Rare Ltd : Kinect Sports Game Guide – Track & Field

Very useful !
Thanks Rare.

02-24-2011, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2011 03:17 AM by meistroracer.)
Table Tennis Tips

What I figured out:
  • When serving stay a close to the table as possible.
  • React quickly and early when returning a ball.
  • Move quickly side to side but always return back to the center or mddle of table.
  • Always mix your serves, you'll catch the A.I. off guard most times.
  • Now when the A.I. is serving, always stay as close to the table as possible and in the middle. This way you are always prepared of the ball coming either side or towards you. An you can react quickly to a good set up shot at angle to where the A.I. can get to it, but when you hit the ball on the other side of the table. You leave the A.i. sometimes standing on the other side. Or it makes a leaping or diving attempt after the ball is long gone. I kinda like those shots.
  • Always keep an eye on the ball
  • When approaching a smash or kill shot, smash it quickly after it bounce on your side and at any corner. Keep trying if the A.I. reacts, but also be careful. The A.I. can may return with a top spin.
  • One more...if the A.I. gets a shot that nips the table. You make the A.I. pay for that...by not letting it get anymore points. Yes it is legal, but gosh darn it. Why should it get a point when it knows its in trouble? Remain calm, but go after it.

Once you mastered all these techniques, you should be able to shut out the A.I. on Pro.

I hope these tips help on the Table Top Triumph Achievement. But if those of you already have this achievement...Congrats to you!!!

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
02-24-2011, 03:44 AM
Thanks meistroracer, i added your tips to the main post.

Thanks given by: meistroracer
02-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Added another official video guide from Rare Ltd : Kinect Sports Game Guide – Volleyball

03-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Just added Boxing video guide from Rare : Kinect Sports Game Guide – Boxing

They're doing a great job, thanks Rare Smile

03-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Added Table Tennis video guide from Rare : Kinect Sports Game Guide – Table Tennis

03-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Is this thread for Kinect Sports Only? I don't want to interrupt it with my tips on Brunswick Pro Bowling.

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
03-12-2011, 10:38 PM
(03-12-2011 12:43 PM)meistroracer Wrote:  Is this thread for Kinect Sports Only? I don't want to interrupt it with my tips on Brunswick Pro Bowling.

I saw that you created a thread, I think it's better that way, it will be easier for people from 123kinect and from Internet to find it. By the way, I have just read your thread and you are doing a great job Smile

Thanks given by: meistroracer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection out now! dirtyvu 1 230 09-18-2012 11:31 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards legreffer 26 50,714 09-04-2012 01:32 AM
Last Post: OMLeung
  Kinect Sports Soccer league Zumizumoi 2 1,881 08-30-2012 10:20 AM