everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / v /

Kinect Sports - seeing the profiles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2012, 05:29 PM
I'll admit that I'm new to kinect and to the sports package, but am finding it not at all intuitive as to how to connect player profiles to, say, a bowling game. I've figured out that I must connect myself as the "main" player but then find that I can only select from 3 other seemingly random profiles that are provided. I put my hand over the right-hand arrow and get "<<<<" but no more profiles show up. Then the question becomes is THAT person supposed to be standing in front and selecting a profile or am I supposed to be selecting who's playing? We ultimately end up just using whoever's profile comes up which of course messes up that profile, but we can find no other work-around.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2012, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 08:21 PM by dirtyvu.)
RE: Kinect Sports - seeing the profiles
here's an example of me setting up an online match with a friend:

I just read your post again. If you're referring to having the correct profile load for the specific player and talking about local multiplayer (not online but rather in the same room), then you need to set up Kinect ID and create a unique profile for each player.

But even then, I think only the first two players can be logged in to play. If you're constantly swapping out people in a party situation, it's still the first two players logged in. There are workarounds but they're too slow if you just want to play.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
08-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Problem solved.
Thanks for the quick reply. After playing with it some more I figured out what I was doing wrong. Of course once you've done it once you're forever the expert. It was the "<<<<" that threw me, I interpretted it as meaning touch the right-hand arrow button and more profiles would appear to the <<<< left. What I was supposed to have been interpretting is move your hand across the <<<< and more profiles will appear.
I liked your video though. I'm guessing that technique allows you to play against online friends?
08-03-2012, 07:25 PM
(08-03-2012 01:32 PM)Trynius Wrote:  Problem solved.
Thanks for the quick reply. After playing with it some more I figured out what I was doing wrong. Of course once you've done it once you're forever the expert. It was the "<<<<" that threw me, I interpretted it as meaning touch the right-hand arrow button and more profiles would appear to the <<<< left. What I was supposed to have been interpretting is move your hand across the <<<< and more profiles will appear.
I liked your video though. I'm guessing that technique allows you to play against online friends?

it's let's you play with any friends.

at the 0:27 mark, you see 3 boxes: against computer, with another player, or against another player (Xbox Live).

with another player is being on the same team (co-op, or cooperative)

0:32 when you select against another player, you get 2 big boxes:
the center box is against your local friends, meaning people in your room. the other box to the right is to change the opponent.

0:46 shows me selecting an online opponent. after you select online opponent, it's show a couple of your friends and a mystery opponent. mystery opponent will find a random person on the Internet to play with in that event. depending on the time of day and the popularity of that event, it could take awhile or be very fast.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection out now! dirtyvu 1 153 09-18-2012 11:31 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards legreffer 26 50,169 09-04-2012 01:32 AM
Last Post: OMLeung
  Kinect Sports Soccer league Zumizumoi 2 1,815 08-30-2012 10:20 AM
Last Post: nerimizi
  Kinect Sports Leagues ropeman 11 6,375 08-05-2012 06:16 AM