/ / v /

Kinect Weight Loss Challenge

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Kinect Weight Loss Challenge
12-14-2010, 12:54 PM
RE: Kinect Weight Loss Challenge
Thanks Keith Smilei might try every other day, see how that goes, i just didn't have time last week, with visiting my family and stuff.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2010, 02:06 PM
I think every other day would probably be best so you have time to rest. I didn't mean for that to rhyme. Once I pick up YSFE and start on my goal of gaining weight and becoming more toned then I will probably do the every day plan as well. Big Grin
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
12-16-2010, 08:02 PM
I was working out to YSFE, but my ankle has tendonitis from playing Kinect Sports, so I had to stop. I was burning over 100 calories a night on the game and then would continue to play other kinect games to burn more. Once healed up, I will be back on track.

I don't get it....how could someone possibly say Dance Revolution or Dance Party 2 is better then Dance Central? That's like saying, canned chicken is better then roasted chicken. Have they even played Dance Central?
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
12-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Day 12:

Haven't been doing any exercise because of some family problems.

I will start again either later today or tomorrow.
12-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Good luck on the problems, don't let them hold you back! Keep it up!!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Keep posting what your doing I definitely want to see if this game can generate some real results.
I got the game yesterday and did a 20 minute personal trainer exercise combined with hours of dance central.
My weight is 155 so im not really looking to lose weight but get rid of fat on my stomach to show my muscles.
01-15-2011, 02:51 AM
I would like to join this Kinect weight loss journey. I love to game and received the Kinect from my husband for Christmas. With the brutally cold weather keeping me from walking outside, I have decided to use my Kinect for weight loss. I have always battled weight my entire life. I weigh in at 199 at 5'9. My goal is 145 and I am excited about being able to game while I lose weight!!!! I am GRITSplus1 on xbox live. Please feel free to add me on xbox live if you would like to keep each other accountable and motivated on this weight loss journey. I would really enjoying having friends on this journey for motivation and accountability. I do believe accountability and motivation are the key for many of us who battle weight on a daily basis. I plan to pick up either Dance Central or Your Shape tomorrow as my first weight loss/workout game. Any suggestions as to which one I should get? Thanks, GRITS

https://123kinect.com/kinect-forums/Threa...GRITSplus1

[Image: GRITSplus1.png]
01-15-2011, 04:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2011 04:59 AM by TheZeeMan.)
It depends on what you are looking for. If you want something seriously simple to start with (serious as in bending over and stretching as some people cannot do this) and it slowly gets you more active and active, then Biggest Loser is probably what you want.

If you want a medium, then there's Your Shape: Fitness Evolved, it doesn't have much basic stuff and as you go on, it keeps you very active. Stretching is only there to stretch your muscles so they aren't super sore, not because you can't.

If you want crazy intense insane make your heart pumping feel like your going to die kind of workout, then you want EA Sports Active 2. Active is the keyword there...it should be a synonym for I want to be a fitness trainer.

Then if you want to just burn calories and don't care about toning, muscles, specific areas, etc, then Dance Central is the right choice, and the bonus you don't get super tired as it's not geared towards fitness, its just dancing and fun.

One other mention would be Zumba, although it's very hard to learn (as they don't teach you anything) I found it very fun, but it is exhausting dancing where Dance Central is like the perfect dancing, you sweat, but your not exhausted.

Hope that helps!

[Image: TheZeeMan]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Trying to lose weight sparky 4 177 04-08-2011 08:45 AM
Last Post: wazza
  Weight loss challange starting at 259lbs! bondbill2k2 13 930 03-24-2011 08:56 PM
Last Post: bondbill2k2
Lightbulb My 60lbs Kinect-challenge PatinageArtistique 15 758 03-15-2011 10:36 PM
Last Post: PatinageArtistique
Tongue My Weight Loss with Kinect kinectlover 6 692 03-09-2011 04:48 AM
Last Post: Rabidmaggot
  My kinect weight loss journey Kendrab2315 43 4,663 03-08-2011 10:23 AM
Last Post: PatinageArtistique
Thumbs Up diabetes/weight loss & my Kinect Rabidmaggot 3 477 03-08-2011 08:52 AM
Last Post: shawn5

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)