We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

"Kinect" and "Call of Duty", using a Gun Controller!!? Just imagine!!? :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if "Kinect" can figure out some way to play games like "Call of Duty, Black Ops"!!?!... SmileI'm not sure how they would do it, but that would get alot of people's interest!!?...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2010, 07:44 PM
RE: "Kinect" and "Call of Duty", using a Gun Controller!!? Just imagine!!? :)
(12-15-2010 07:33 PM)Mr Strings Wrote:  Wouldn't it be awesome if "Kinect" can figure out some way to play games like "Call of Duty, Black Ops"!!?!... SmileI'm not sure how they would do it, but that would get alot of people's interest!!?...

TheZeeMan and I have been discussing this. While I think it would be cool if Activison did release a "watered down" CoD Kinect title, I don't think it would go over so well with the hardcore CoD players. The response time for making the movements would be a lot greater than someone pushing a button which would make it unfair. If Acti does release one, it needs to be Kinect only so the playing field is even.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
12-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Actually we were chatting about this off-topic in another thread Tongue

Activision almost has everything in place...they made a gun for Cabela's Hunting series that has the thumbstick for turning on the gun stock. It does come with a sensor bar like the Wii's, but kinect would eliminate that. If they implement Deca's Paintball idea for moving forward/back/left/right, then it will be a done deal. I don't believe they will label it kinect only though, more likely the "Better with Kinect" slogan, and online will probably be able to filter against non-kinect players so you aren't getting your butt kicked because the kinect version will not be as fast as the controller version.

But yeah I definitely see this happening probably with the next CoD...the current series is bland and out of ideas...I mean seriously, they ran out that many ideas they had to resurrect JFK? LOL

[Image: TheZeeMan]
12-15-2010, 07:55 PM
(12-15-2010 07:45 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  But yeah I definitely see this happening probably with the next CoD...the current series is bland and out of ideas...I mean seriously, they ran out that many ideas they had to resurrect JFK? LOL

Hilarious. I will give Treyarch credit though. The finally added a theater mode that's been missing in the CoD series. Hell, Halo 3 could even do it.

12-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah I still preferred IW's stories so much better...they actually had a point lol

12-15-2010, 08:15 PM
(12-15-2010 08:01 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Yeah I still preferred IW's stories so much better...they actually had a point lol

Really? I've played CoD2, MW1, MW2 and Blops and I liked Blops' campaign much better. This is also coming from a rabid IW fanboy. After Acti decided to "get rid of" most of IW, they(IW) really let MW2 go to crap. I was disappoint. To each their own, I guess. Smile

Either way you look at it, like you said CoD is getting very bland. They need something to improve it and like now. Just look at the Guitar Hero sales.

12-15-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm kinda new to this whole thing, so I'm sorry if I posted something that someone's already posted!?... Lol... I was just throwing it out there... Smile
12-15-2010, 09:00 PM
(12-15-2010 08:15 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  Really? I've played CoD2, MW1, MW2 and Blops and I liked Blops' campaign much better. This is also coming from a rabid IW fanboy. After Acti decided to "get rid of" most of IW, they(IW) really let MW2 go to crap. I was disappoint. To each their own, I guess. Smile

CoD2 was ok, but honestly I don't even remember the storyline, but if I remember it was switching between all the different factions as one character, I still found it a decent storyline but I loved MW1 and MW2 stories because they were realistic and scary...correct me if I'm wrong as I get them confused sometimes, but I believe it was MW2 had the White House attacked and we were blasted with an EMP...which is very likely to happen if we ever had a war on home turf but you learn that the white house is EMP protected, which it probably is, but no one knows...plus gun fights in the neighborhood, just awesome to me because it's so believable...

I think that's what I go for, is the realism, like Trey's versions are like historical bits and pieces but they are always back in time, the past is the past, everyone knows what happened, leave it there, and they add wierd stuff like nazi zombies and crap. It's just wierd, they make a strange game, Blops was the wierdest one yet as I couldn't even believe the storyline if I tried and I'm a huge conspiracy theoriest, but I really doubt JFK put a hit on Castro, the bay of pigs was completely different of what really happened compared to what the game says happened Tongue

Vietnam is just played out as well...everyone tries to go back to vietnam, but vietnam was just jungle warfare and one of our worst wars...maybe I'm just getting tired of historical games, because I didn't really care for Medal of Honor either and that's modern.

Online they are good, but for campaigns I totally prefer the MW's over all of them combined.

(12-15-2010 08:24 PM)Mr Strings Wrote:  I'm kinda new to this whole thing, so I'm sorry if I posted something that someone's already posted!?... Lol... I was just throwing it out there... Smile

Oh no problem - we were just lazy and didn't create our own topic so you did for us! Big Grin

12-15-2010, 09:47 PM
I hear ya there. I did like MW2's White House area. It was my favorite part of the campaign. I guess I'm just the opposite of you. I feel that MW1 and 2 were just made up while Blops had some "history" to it while filling in the rest. If going for realism, I like that Blops had some real characters. Also, glad to see another conspiracy theorist in here.

12-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah I think I'm more of a "what if" person lol but only what if it's based off realistic theories, like what if skyline happened, then I would think it's just stupid Tongue

12-17-2010, 02:26 AM
Big Grin RE: "Kinect" and "Call of Duty", using a Gun Controller!!? Just imagine!!? :)
(12-15-2010 10:13 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Yeah I think I'm more of a "what if" person lol but only what if it's based off realistic theories, like what if skyline happened, then I would think it's just stupid Tongue

They've got to make a Skyline sequel! Although it had such a freaky ending that maybe the sequel should actually be a videogame, lol! (I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen Skyline yet. And, no, it's not like a "Matrix" twist at the end or anything like that.)
12-17-2010, 03:03 AM
No it's just stupid Tongue

12-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Off topic: Do I need to watch Skyline?

12-17-2010, 10:15 PM
No it's basically like a waste of time that they could of summed up in 5 minutes. I'm sure the trailer for #2 will give you a summary of #1. It is a video game movie though...where like transformers is like a video game movie, but they kept it mostly realistic if it were to happen, skyline is just so far fetched it just needs to be a video game and thats it lol

12-18-2010, 05:51 AM
(12-17-2010 10:00 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  Off topic: Do I need to watch Skyline?

Well I liked it, lol! Big Grin(At least after the beginning party scenes, when the aliens turn up basically.) The only negative I'd say is that almost all of it takes place in and on top of the apartment block. I thought they'd go out into the city and that there'd be more "adventure" to it. (I mean the main characters, you do have shots of the aliens attacking the city.) Then again the movie's budget was only $10 million which is incredible when you see all the effects! (The ending is also quite weird, lol!)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Call of Duty bupp15 4 1,145 12-21-2010 04:26 AM
Last Post: TheLiveLegand