Xbox Kinect

/ / v /

Kinect is sleek and looks good, especially on a mount

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-21-2011, 12:27 AM
I have one at the bottom of my TV, the other one is mounted in the man cave downstairs. Both are sleek and add a look to the electronics for me. How do you my fellow brothers of Kinect have it mounted, on tv, or below TV?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2011, 02:01 AM
RE: Kinect is sleek and looks good, especially on a mount
(02-21-2011 12:27 AM)ProjectNatalFan Wrote:  I have one at the bottom of my TV, the other one is mounted in the man cave downstairs. Both are sleek and add a look to the electronics for me. How do you my fellow brothers of Kinect have it mounted, on tv, or below TV?

Sitting on the cabinet below the TV. I am considering buying the TV mount and putting it above the TV. My two questions are (1) will the TV mount work (I have read bad reviews) and (2) will mounting it above the TV (total height of about 5 ft) still allow it to work with my 4 foot high daughters?

It acutally looks pretty good. One of these days I will post the pic.
02-21-2011, 02:11 AM
Information RE: Kinect is sleek and looks good, especially on a mount
(02-21-2011 02:01 AM)Ken Wrote:  
(02-21-2011 12:27 AM)ProjectNatalFan Wrote:  I have one at the bottom of my TV, the other one is mounted in the man cave downstairs. Both are sleek and add a look to the electronics for me. How do you my fellow brothers of Kinect have it mounted, on tv, or below TV?

Sitting on the cabinet below the TV. I am considering buying the TV mount and putting it above the TV. My two questions are (1) will the TV mount work (I have read bad reviews) and (2) will mounting it above the TV (total height of about 5 ft) still allow it to work with my 4 foot high daughters?

It acutally looks pretty good. One of these days I will post the pic.

I thought the only reason the TV mount got bad reviews is because it's ridiculously expensive, not because it's bad? I don't know how good this is (although the customer reviews are good) but here's a MUCH cheaper 3rd party alternative: http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/183...fer=search

I'm still wondering about the perfect height for Kinect but 5ft should be OK for your 4ft daughters as Kinect can (automatically) tilt down. If you've got plenty of space have them stand a bit further back as then Kinect won't have to tilt down as much. Stay within the 11ft distance though.
02-21-2011, 10:52 AM
I have mine mounted on TV, seems to work better there than it did when I had it below the TV. It shouldn't be any problem for your daughter if it's mounted above the TV, it tilts and can get my feet when I play games.
02-21-2011, 12:35 PM
I used to have at the bottom of my TV, but it didn't seem do well for me there. So, I have it mounted on top of my TV and it's been great since then. Better tracking and better range all around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect wall mount spitfirex007 27 3,289 01-03-2011 06:57 PM
Last Post: ambushbug

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!