Xbox Kinect

/ / v /

Kinect magazine????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kinect magazine????
02-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Kinect magazine????
I wonder when there are a few more games out for kinect, if there will be a kinect only magazine, that could be good, with specific kinect demos and videos, I for one would be interested, what does everyone think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2011, 10:44 PM
RE: Kinect magazine????
Although an interesting idea, I'm not sure if there's a market for that yet. There's quite a lot of info on the web on everything Kinect related (especially on sites as 123 Kinect ofcourse). So, I'm not sure if people are willing to pay extra to get (about) the same info. Also, Xbox Live is being used to further inform the customers and distribute demos nowadays.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2011, 11:13 PM
I could see it eventually, but it would be much further down the road and dependent upon Kinects continued success.
02-11-2011, 01:26 AM
(02-10-2011 11:13 PM)ambushbug Wrote:  I could see it eventually, but it would be much further down the road and dependent upon Kinects continued success.

Why do I need a magazine? This site has great Kinect info. Maybe if the Mag was published by MS and had better inside info but thats a long shot (I think).
02-11-2011, 03:54 AM
(02-11-2011 01:26 AM)Ken Wrote:  
(02-10-2011 11:13 PM)ambushbug Wrote:  I could see it eventually, but it would be much further down the road and dependent upon Kinects continued success.

Why do I need a magazine? This site has great Kinect info. Maybe if the Mag was published by MS and had better inside info but thats a long shot (I think).
For the same reason there are Xbox, Playstation, and many other general video game magazines.

While this is a great forum for finding news and discussing games, there is very little in the way of hands on previews. I'm sure they would like for that to come our way, but it's not there yet. Also, not everyone who games is a forum junkie, some people still looked to printed/published material for their info. Others, myself included, just enjoy the traditional feel of holding a book/magazine in my hand as I read. Yes, I can get an e-reader or use my laptop to read while commuting but I'm still a bit old fashion I guess. I enjoy these forums but a traditional magazine still has a place if the Kinect continues to be a success.
02-11-2011, 09:01 PM
hey I just saw today a Kinect magazine in a train station! Im pretty sure that it was something exclusive tho...
02-12-2011, 03:20 AM
this is kinect magazine
02-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Fatih, can you remember the name of the mag? or what it looks like, cheers, Mike.
02-12-2011, 04:08 PM
(02-11-2011 03:54 AM)ambushbug Wrote:  
(02-11-2011 01:26 AM)Ken Wrote:  

For the same reason there are Xbox, Playstation, and many other general video game magazines.

While this is a great forum for finding news and discussing games, there is very little in the way of hands on previews. I'm sure they would like for that to come our way, but it's not there yet. Also, not everyone who games is a forum junkie, some people still looked to printed/published material for their info. Others, myself included, just enjoy the traditional feel of holding a book/magazine in my hand as I read. Yes, I can get an e-reader or use my laptop to read while commuting but I'm still a bit old fashion I guess. I enjoy these forums but a traditional magazine still has a place if the Kinect continues to be a success.

True, we aim to do previews in the (near) future as well (with hands-on) stuff. Like we did with Kinect Sports when we were invited by Rare.

First, we need some stuff sorted out though Smile

02-13-2011, 02:08 AM
(02-12-2011 02:45 PM)MikeAstro Wrote:  Fatih, can you remember the name of the mag? or what it looks like, cheers, Mike.
Next time(1-2 weeks) I'll make a photo of the mag and post it here Smile)
02-14-2011, 02:32 AM
Fatih: That would be awesome, looking forward to the pics Smile.

02-14-2011, 07:04 PM
The Official Xbox Magazine covers Kinect pretty well. If you want good Kinect stuff (other than what's on here), I'd suggest subscribing.

OXM

[Image: HazyCloud.png]
http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
Yesterday, 07:47 PM
I imagine that there will be a controller free magazine in the future after the other systems like sony and Nintendo make their versions. Then there will be a bigger market, more games to cover and so forth. I don't think Kinect would ever get it's own magazine.

[Image: UndgnfiedWrshpr.png]
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!