everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Kinect moded to work for PS3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2011, 07:54 PM
I am no sure if anyone has posted this before.. I happen to stubbmle on a video of a user playing ps3 with a kinect motion sensor.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2011, 11:12 PM
RE: Kinect moded to work for PS3
Yes, I think we got taht somewhere.. still pretty cool though Tongue.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Lightbulb RE: Kinect moded to work for PS3
That made me think of something. If FAAST doesn't get released on the Xbox 360 maybe someone can make a Kinect hack like that PS3 one (except working better obviously) so that you can play ANY Xbox 360 games with Kinect?! Big Grin
06-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Yup it's been posted before..

And this could easily be a fake... holding a controller on his left hand or someone else controlling. SmileI'm sure if this was real then we would be hearing developments on PS3/360 modding sites.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Information RE: Kinect moded to work for PS3
(06-05-2011 11:51 AM)wazza Wrote:  Yup it's been posted before..

And this could easily be a fake... holding a controller on his left hand or someone else controlling. SmileI'm sure if this was real then we would be hearing developments on PS3/360 modding sites.

Oops, I clicked on the wrong button and it said I gave you thanks, lol! Anyway, what I was going to say is that this isn't hacking Kinect and the PS3 directly to work together. Basically it's using a Kinect hack on the PC (laptop by the looks of it) like all the other Kinect hacks except that instead of controlling a game on the PC it's sending the controls from the PC to the PS3 via hacked PS3 controller drivers. (That are usually used to allow non-PS3 controllers to work on the PS3 I presume?)

The guy in the video explains it here:

http://tech.shantanugoel.com/2011/03/20/...h-ps3.html
06-05-2011, 05:18 PM
yeah i figured it was dispalyed before on the website.

I am sure many people remember the kinect vs ps3 move.... I just found it really funny how ps3 users decide to modd the kinect to make it work on PS3 when they already have ps3 move.

how many times have i heard people flame kinect and favor ps3 move... seem like the ps3 world has accepted kinect as the superior motion sensor. after all ps3 move is a branch that grew off the WI's tree.

now ps3 users moding the kinect to ps3, very ironic.