/ / v /

Kinect sports Soccer / football placing shots low?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Hi guys,

Just wondered if people would like to post their tips on the kinect sports soccer.

My tip for free kicks is to cross kicking leg behind standing leg and then bring back around to take the bending free kicks like Beckham. My other tip is for the shooting game with the crosses coming in is step back when boots are coming to dodge them.

My real main question is though, (1) how do you place your shots in the bottom corners. I've tried standing over my virtual ball when kicking and putting laces through the ball, kicking softer and no luck with either. I know you can kick low as someone online placed 3 consecutive shots in bottom corners against me.

Another question (2) - how do you tackle or do slide tackles. Don't think this is possible, but just thought I'd confirm this and its just the computer that does that (in stupid positions like when the player is in the box but near the goal line and needs a miracle to score and my player tackles and gives a penalty putting them centrally. grrrr)

(3) Any tips for directing headers?

I'm new to the Xbox 360 scene, so don't know anyone on Xbox live yet. So please add me (Gamertag:ywith), as would like to have someone to play kinect games and other xbox 360 games with at Christmas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2011, 04:57 AM
RE: Kinect sports Soccer / football placing shots low?
I know for sure that you cannot tackle, and for headers i tried different things but didn't find anything...for now

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards] Go Habs Go
01-05-2011, 05:10 AM
(01-04-2011 04:29 AM)ywith Wrote:  Hi guys,

Just wondered if people would like to post their tips on the kinect sports soccer.

My tip for free kicks is to cross kicking leg behind standing leg and then bring back around to take the bending free kicks like Beckham. My other tip is for the shooting game with the crosses coming in is step back when boots are coming to dodge them.

My real main question is though, (1) how do you place your shots in the bottom corners. I've tried standing over my virtual ball when kicking and putting laces through the ball, kicking softer and no luck with either. I know you can kick low as someone online placed 3 consecutive shots in bottom corners against me.

Another question (2) - how do you tackle or do slide tackles. Don't think this is possible, but just thought I'd confirm this and its just the computer that does that (in stupid positions like when the player is in the box but near the goal line and needs a miracle to score and my player tackles and gives a penalty putting them centrally. grrrr)

Huh?
01-05-2011, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2011 01:14 PM by legreffer.)
Quote: Huh?

Im asking how to kick ball along the ground to score a goal at ankle height rather than up in the air and it go in the net at head height.

I'm new to the Xbox 360 scene, so don't know anyone on Xbox live yet. So please add me (Gamertag:ywith), as would like to have someone to play kinect games and other xbox 360 games with at Christmas.
01-05-2011, 01:49 PM
(01-04-2011 04:29 AM)ywith Wrote:  My real main question is though, (1) how do you place your shots in the bottom corners. I've tried standing over my virtual ball when kicking and putting laces through the ball, kicking softer and no luck with either. I know you can kick low as someone online placed 3 consecutive shots in bottom corners against me.

I tried for half an hour yesterday and can't figured it out, I searched on the web and couldn't find anything. But i will find it...

i guy wrote at head level or so do a kicking motion above your waist. this should do a bycicle kick, LOL (i tried but as i thought it didn't worked)

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards] Go Habs Go
01-08-2011, 09:34 AM
I like football,but I don't know how to play the kinect sports soccer.
02-11-2011, 05:45 AM
I've gotten pretty good with headers, and the key is placement... you actually do have to jump, and you need to get your character's head in place with the correct part of the ball to direct it, as you would in real life. So for example, if your striker is facing the goal and a cross comes in from right to left and you want to direct a header to the left, you'll need to aim for the right half of the ball (get your character's head on that part of the ball).

Same thing goes pretty much for crosses to your feet. The target game is really good for working in these skills. At first the aiming seems arbitrary, but after a few minutes in that target game, you'll start to figure it out.

As for placing regular shots, though, I'm clueless. Although, I did seem to figure out how to do a chip shot. Basically, it's also like real life. Just kick short into the ground with no follow through.

(01-04-2011 04:29 AM)ywith Wrote:  Hi guys,

03-28-2011, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2011 04:14 AM by legreffer.)
Hi guys,
Just wondered if people would like to post their tips on the kinect sports soccer.My tip for free kicks is to cross kicking leg behind standing leg and then bring back around to take the bending free kicks like Ronaldo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect Sports Easter Eggs, Tips & Tricks legreffer 23 3,865 Today 02:35 AM
Last Post: Nick
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards legreffer 8 20,487 Yesterday 04:03 PM
Last Post: legreffer
  Kinect Sports Calorie Challenge DLC Darth Smurf X 5 186 04-20-2011 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards Archive mcb1ake 116 3,114 04-20-2011 10:19 AM
Last Post: meistroracer
  Kinect Sports Thoughts? Ace12me 7 204 04-19-2011 08:32 PM
  Sports stats thread Jersmall 4 299 03-31-2011 09:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)