everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Kinect wall mount

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kinect wall mount
11-04-2010, 01:58 AM
Kinect wall mount
I was thinking of picking up the kinect wall mount. But I can't seem to find much info on. I assume it just screws into the wall. The problem is I'm not really suppose to put holes in my wall. So I was hoping there was another option for hanging the thing. I could place kinect infront of my TV expect I have a 4 ft sound bar that I'd then have to hang. And with already spending $300 plus for just kinect this month I'd prefer not to spend a extra $40 for a TV mount unless I have to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2010, 02:51 PM
RE: Kinect wall mount
Why not use the 'top of the TV' mount?
(If you are going to spring $ for a mount and do not want to put holes in the wall,...why not use the other mounting solution, that does not require any holes in your wall?)
11-05-2010, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2010 08:25 PM by Clemens.)

here is the officially licensed TV mount.

here is a cheaper alternative to the official mount. now while you can't firmly attach the kinect to it, the kinect will not move so much to fall off this platform.
11-05-2010, 04:56 AM
If you've got any room behind your TV you could get a cheap camera tripod, on eBay maybe. Look for one that extends the tallest.
11-05-2010, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2010 08:21 PM by Clemens.)
Great find on the video, added it to the Kinect Accessories post!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Does anyboby know if the floor stand is telescopic meaning I can pui it behind my tv and extend the pole so its behind but above my tv which is situated in the corner of my room, Im borderline on the distance and am looking at different things to gain an extra foot or two..

[Image: Leafs1201.png]

ASTON VILLA F.C

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

ENGLAND
11-05-2010, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2010 07:50 PM by dirtyvu.)
I don't think the floor stand can extend far enough to place the Kinect above the TV. factoring the height of your hdtv and the fact that your hdtv is off the ground usually, it'd be hard for the floor stand to cover that distance. The pole is only 2.5 feet long. It's not meant for that. It's meant for people who want portability (and want to bring out the Kinect occasionally) and for people with projectors.
11-06-2010, 10:42 AM
ok, im struggling here in terms of knowing if im going to have enough space because this is what ive got, Ive measured that I'll have maximum 8ft space back from the sensor, I have a 40" tv sitting on a glass stand in the corner of my room but am planning on putting the sensor on one of the shelves of the tv stand meaning itll only be about 1ft from the floor, I am 6ft 2" so with me standing 7-8ft back from the sensor is this going to be ok, any help much appreciated...Thanks

ASTON VILLA F.C

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

ENGLAND
11-12-2010, 07:42 PM
(11-06-2010 10:42 AM)Leafs1201 Wrote:  ok, im struggling here in terms of knowing if im going to have enough space because this is what ive got, Ive measured that I'll have maximum 8ft space back from the sensor, I have a 40" tv sitting on a glass stand in the corner of my room but am planning on putting the sensor on one of the shelves of the tv stand meaning itll only be about 1ft from the floor, I am 6ft 2" so with me standing 7-8ft back from the sensor is this going to be ok, any help much appreciated...Thanks

You're going to have issues if the kinect is that low. Microsoft suggests at least 2'. Being you have 8' which is great, you'll want to get it up near 6' to gain space and for it to track you well. You may want to get the tv mount to get it up there.

[Image: UndgnfiedWrshpr.png]
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
11-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Great advice, worshipper, gotta agree on you there.

Leafs, 8 feet is enough room. If you want two people then you may sometimes be a tad short, but I noticed that in my small room I'm able to have fun with two as well. The distance to my TV is less than 8ft.

You can cheat a bit too, put the sensor a bit higher, your tv closer to the wall etc. With 8ft, you will manage imo.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-15-2010, 06:02 PM
All's fine with my placement, in the end I put it literally just in front of the tv about 2ft up and it tracks me just fine, also no real problems with 2 players apart from my daughter keeps beating me...

ASTON VILLA F.C

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

ENGLAND
11-19-2010, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2010 11:01 PM by HazyCloud.)
I scored the official wall mount and I must say that I love it. Kinectimals, Kinect Sports and Adventures all seem to work better than when it was on my TV stand. Before the wall mount, I had Kinect about 2ft off the ground and while it worked, Kinect Sports was showing me in the very front of the purple box. After mounting it on the wall at about 5ft7in and only moving it back about 6 inches, Kinect Sports now puts me right in the middle of the box. It's crazy how just moving it back 6 or so inches and a few feet higher made such an impact. For 14.99, it's a steal. If anyone has any questions or wants to see pics, just let me know.

EDIT* Added a picture.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
11-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah actually gamestop does stock it! I called my local one, they have it so I'm going to grab it in about an hour Tongue

[Image: thezeeman.png]
11-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Wink RE: Kinect wall mount
(11-19-2010 11:00 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Yeah actually gamestop does stock it! I called my local one, they have it so I'm going to grab it in about an hour Tongue

That's awesome. Just remember not to go above 6 feet, but I'm sure you knew that. Wink

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
11-19-2010, 11:22 PM
LOL Yeah it's going right under the tv on my "media wall". I think it's about at 4 1/2 or 5'...

[Image: thezeeman.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A way to mount your Kinect wazza 15 4,494 06-01-2011 05:15 AM
Last Post: Mrzocor
  Kinect is sleek and looks good, especially on a mount ProjectNatalFan 4 2,702 02-21-2011 12:35 PM
Last Post: meistroracer