Xbox Kinect

/ / v /

Kinect with singing games

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2010, 11:11 PM
So my girls play lips and disney sing it with the lips mics and 2 usb mics for sing it

will they be able 2 sing without the mics and use the kinect mic instead. Or am i hopeing for too much.

Will kinect camera work 4 video chat in games like uno

[Image: NO+SUPER+POWERS.png]
SHARE THE KINECT Heart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2010, 03:22 AM
RE: Kinect with singing games
Kinect is able to distinquish between voices in 3D space, meaning: you don't need the mics IN THEORY. However, we'll have to wait and see Big Grin

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2010, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2010 11:09 PM by HazyCloud.)
(11-06-2010 11:11 PM)NO SUPER POWERS Wrote:  So my girls play lips and disney sing it with the lips mics and 2 usb mics for sing it

will they be able 2 sing without the mics and use the kinect mic instead. Or am i hopeing for too much.

Will kinect camera work 4 video chat in games like uno

As for music games, I don't see it happening unless the title is already Kinect enabled and even then maybe not. It just seems like the music games would want to pick up your voice as best as possible and I don't see Kinect doing it better than an actual mic.

As for video chat in UNO, no it won't work. From my understanding, any games that used the Vision camera will still need it as they haven't been (and probably won't be) patched to support Kinect.

Sorry to burst both of your bubbles. SmileI'll test out Rock Band 2 and see what happens and get back to you.

EDIT* Just noticed in your post that LIPS was mentioned. Since that game has motion controls in the mics, you'll probably have to always use them.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
11-10-2010, 11:15 PM
(11-10-2010 11:06 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  As for music games, I don't see it happening unless the title is already Kinect enabled and even then maybe not.

Hazy is probably right, but they will probably be updated in the next versions they release. For example, Def Jam Rapstar...which I am going to test only because of Kinect..I can't rap, so I really have no desire to play that game LOL But I am curious to see how well kinect works as a microphone as it does work with that game.

[Image: TheZeeMan]
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect and non-kinect games twebdonny 5 650 12-04-2010 12:28 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)