everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

KinectID problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
KinectID problem
11-15-2011, 09:50 PM
KinectID problem
I've set up Kinect ID at various times of the day and it still doesnt automatically sign me in when my xbox boots up. i have to manually sign in which i dont think is right as im under the impression it is meant to sign you in when your xbox is booted up?

It work s ok when on a Kinect game and i jump in though :/
any help would be much appreciated
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2011, 11:10 PM
RE: KinectID problem
When the 360 first boots up, the Kinect hasn't booted up yet. At first start, the 360 will sign in with the default profile that you assigned. Once the Kinect has loaded (about 10 seconds after the dash has loaded), Kinect ID should allow different people to load their profile but it's more meant for in-game profiles so that scores are attached to the individual.

Also, to maximize the benefit of Kinect, you need to augment the database for each person. What Kinect ID really is is a database of images of the person where the system compares the person to the database of images to make a connection. So the more pictures it takes at varying lighting conditions and angles, the more accurate it is. Meaning you need to run the setup multiple times, at different times of day (night time lighting is obviously is different than 8am is different than high noon), different lighting conditions, different angles (Kinect at low height, Kinect at high height).

I've run the Kinect ID program with the Kinect at 6 feet (above the TV) and at 4 feet (below the TV). With all the lights of the family room on, with half the lights of the family room on, with bedroom lights on, etc. At 9AM, noon, 5PM, 8PM.

And the database is self-contained on each individual 360. So if you move the Kinect between your bedroom 360 and your family room 360, you have to build the databases separately on each 360. Obviously, the height of the Kinect in the bedroom will differ from the height in the family room (different size TVs, different entertainment centers, etc).

It's not necessary to do all this (and honestly is a bit excessive) but if you want the most accuracy, you do it. Also, if you wear glasses sometimes but contacts other times, run the Kinect ID with both your glasses on and off. The more images the database has, the more accurate it is.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
11-15-2011, 11:43 PM
i know about the kinect not starting up straight away and i have allowed time for this. i dont have a default profile as me and my girlfirend use it so we just have it so it boots up and then choose which profile. but i want it so i boot it up it reads who the person is and then signs in. (if that makes sense). ive done in all different conditions it just doesnt sign in on the dashboard as id expect that to be a major point of the KinectID
11-16-2011, 12:00 AM
I don't have your scenario. When the 360 boots, it defaults to my profile. Then when someone wants to use it, they stand in front of the kinect and it switches to their profile.

I'll test your scenario and see what happens.

11-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Oh right so your saying if my girlfriends profile is signed in I can sit in front of kinect and it will sign me in?
11-16-2011, 04:06 AM
(11-16-2011 01:05 AM)Crraigan Wrote:  Oh right so your saying if my girlfriends profile is signed in I can sit in front of kinect and it will sign me in?

yes, that's what I'm saying

11-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Ok I will try this
Thankyou
11-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Just an update. I think I have sorted this
11-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Glad to hear, thanks for letting us know.

[Image: thezeeman.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect distance- the opposite problem amillermba 18 5,009 12-25-2011 05:46 PM
Last Post: bradleyem
  Getting on Xbox.com website problem meistroracer 3 2,255 06-05-2011 01:33 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Kinect Table Tennis problem fonejackerjon 3 2,729 01-03-2011 02:57 PM
Last Post: HazyCloud
  Problem reading screen nametrux 3 2,246 01-02-2011 09:37 PM