We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

Kung Fu Panda 2: Positive Previews!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kung Fu Panda 2: Positive Previews!
05-21-2011, 03:30 AM
Information Kung Fu Panda 2: Positive Previews!
Here are 2 positive previews for Kung Fu Panda 2, the second link is particularly in-depth. It sounds pretty cool and according to the previews Kinect works perfectly! Big Grin (Except for possibly a noodle minigame that doesn't quite work as well according to the 2nd preview.)

http://www.xboxaddict.com/Preview/Xbox-3...nda-2.html

http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/Kung-...m3065.aspx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2011, 05:15 AM
RE: Kung Fu Panda 2: Positive Previews!
Thanks Corellian!

Very good news, so now with this, along with the gameplay from PowerUP heroes, it seems that we will have 2 more succesfull kinect titles Big Grin

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
05-26-2011, 01:59 AM
I Just got it! I played half an hour and my first impressions are good:

-The kinect utilisation is perfect (so far) and the menu is well done!
-There is a (small) storyline, woohoo!
-There is a good amount of different movements, but there is no real fight.
-Clearly a game for family and younger ones.
-The only drawback so far are the loading times, but you get some cool cinematics in return.

More to come in a review...

05-26-2011, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2011 03:48 AM by legreffer.)
Gamespot apparently finds the controls for the game terrible. I don't know if this was just them (as it seems like for many kinect games) or is it a legitimate concern for the game?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/k...Btitle%3B5
05-26-2011, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2011 03:45 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Kung Fu Panda 2: Positive Previews!
(05-26-2011 03:17 AM)Jonathan1515 Wrote:  Gamespot apparently finds the controls for the game terrible. I don't know if this was just them (as it seems like for many kinect games) or is it a legitimate concern for the game?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/k...Btitle%3B5

Gamespot also didn't set up their Kinect properly when they first got it and claim that Michael Jackson: The Experience has "significant lag" (total lie) so I don't trust them. I'll wait for other reviews.
(05-26-2011 01:59 AM)legreffer Wrote:  I Just got it! I played half an hour and my first impressions are good:

-The kinect utilisation is perfect (so far) and the menu is well done!
-There is a (small) storyline, woohoo!
-There is a good amount of different movements, but there is no real fight.
-Clearly a game for family and younger ones.
-The only drawback so far are the loading times, but you get some cool cinematics in return.

More to come in a review...

What do you mean "no real fight"? I thought this was mainly a fighting game? That doesn't sound good, lol!
05-26-2011, 03:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2011 04:02 AM by legreffer.)
(05-26-2011 03:17 AM)Jonathan1515 Wrote:  Gamespot apparently finds the controls for the game terrible. I don't know if this was just them (as it seems like for many kinect games) or is it a legitimate concern for the game?

I saw that review and I don't agree, I didn't have any problems with the controls (I had a small update at start). I read all their kinect games reviews and they're saying that for half of them, so maybe their kinect setup isn't right(check this)...Anyway I feel that gamespot do reviews as core gamer and I do as kinect gamer Wink
(05-26-2011 03:43 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  What do you mean "no real fight"? I thought this was mainly a fighting game? That doesn't sound good, lol!

When you start a fight you are free to choose a move, but after the first attack sequence (ennemies only try to dodge your attack), you are now in a defense sequence in which you have to follow the blocking moves that the game tells you to do, if you blocked well, then you have to choose a final moves (a choice of 2 or 3) that Po will do to knockdown the ennemies.

05-26-2011, 04:48 AM
(05-26-2011 03:48 AM)legreffer Wrote:  

I saw that review and I don't agree, I didn't have any problems with the controls (I had a small update at start). I read all their kinect games reviews and they're saying that for half of them, so maybe their kinect setup isn't right(check this)...Anyway I feel that gamespot do reviews as core gamer and I do as kinect gamer Wink
(05-26-2011 03:43 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  What do you mean "no real fight"? I thought this was mainly a fighting game? That doesn't sound good, lol!

When you start a fight you are free to choose a move, but after the first attack sequence (ennemies only try to dodge your attack), you are now in a defense sequence in which you have to follow the blocking moves that the game tells you to do, if you blocked well, then you have to choose a final moves (a choice of 2 or 3) that Po will do to knockdown the ennemies.

That pic was IGN, this is an example of Gamespot, check out the calibration section, lol!:

So Kung Fu Panda 2 is more like a turn based RPG as far as combat goes? Undecided
05-26-2011, 05:14 AM
(05-26-2011 04:48 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  That pic was IGN, this is an example of Gamespot, check out the calibration section, lol!:
So Kung Fu Panda 2 is more like a turn based RPG as far as combat goes? Undecided

"My legs have broken ankles and I don't know why" C'MON!!!!!!!

So yes for KFP2 (hmm this look more like PFK than Kung Fu Panda, lol), but sometimes you can throw what you want. I will test it more tomorrow...

05-26-2011, 08:02 PM
(05-26-2011 04:48 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  
(05-26-2011 03:48 AM)legreffer Wrote:  

That pic was IGN, this is an example of Gamespot, check out the calibration section, lol!:

Wow! The guy complains that his legs aren't tracked well, but then when you look at the camera you can clearly see that it's set up to only track his upper body. Clearly they need set up their kinect properly.
05-30-2011, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2011 11:43 AM by meistroracer.)
Who ever has this game? Are you going to give it a score and review it on the Kinect games review thread? I really want a new game for kinect....please tell me that this is a worth while game to go after.

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
05-30-2011, 01:08 PM
(05-30-2011 11:39 AM)meistroracer Wrote:  Who ever has this game? Are you going to give it a score and review it on the Kinect games review thread? I really want a new game for kinect....please tell me that this is a worth while game to go after.

Yep, I'm working on it, should be ready by wednesday Smile

05-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Is the game worth getting like today? LOL I'm sorry...

05-30-2011, 04:16 PM
(05-30-2011 01:14 PM)meistroracer Wrote:  Is the game worth getting like today? LOL I'm sorry...

Well, I think you should rent it first. This game is great but just like Carnival Games, it have a poor replayability. If you have childrens, you may buy it, but it's a little pricey.

05-31-2011, 11:23 PM
thanks for the advice....I'll wait!!!