/ / v /

Lionhead Studios is working on Kinect ideas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-17-2011, 04:52 PM

Lionhead Studios, the company behind the projects Fable III and Milo expresses its strong interest in producing Kinect games. While it was expected and hoped that Fable III will have Kinect support, last year Peter Molyneux, the boss of Lionhead, confirmed that the game would not be using Kinect. Project Milo was the other game from Lionhead Studios that a lot of people were looking forward to see on Kinect but was eventually cancelled. However, Lionhead didn't lose its interest in Kinect! Go to full post to find out more.

Half of ideas were Kinect
During an interview, Mike West, Senior Designer on Fable III, said that the company is looking into Kinect ideas and during the company's creative day, half of the presented ideas were for Kinect.
As a Microsoft developer, Kinect is an incredibly exciting event in making games. Something very interesting happened late last month; we had a creative day here. Basically the whole company was allowed a couple of days to come up with any ideas that they wanted to. So we had the cinema for a day and there were 35 different presentations – you could make anything you wanted - and I think over half of them were Kinect. With Kinect how do you make these types of games without any buttons? There were just some amazing... I can’t go into anything that was done there, I’m hoping that at some point we’ll release some of it. There are talks about it, and maybe we’ll be able to show what we've come up with online. There were some great things. This was all two days work, and I didn't know anything that was coming out – there was some amazing stuff. As a company we’re completely embracing it.
I would definitely like to hear more about those ideas!

So far, we haven't seen any Kinect game from Lionhead making it to the market, but we've seen the concept art of Project Milo. If Lionhead actually produces some of those presented games ideas, I'm expecting to see some amazing games coming out for Kinect.
Source: nowgamer

From 123 Kinect Article: Lionhead Studios is working on Kinect ideas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

NOTE: Responding to threads is only done through Disqus in the Kinect News forum - to keep it in sync with he frontpage comments (no registration required):

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Microsoft is working on hyper realistic avatars Istran 0 170 03-06-2011 03:18 PM
Last Post: Istran
  Kinect 3D Games - Researched by Good Science Studios raluca 0 361 11-07-2010 10:06 PM
Last Post: raluca

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)