/ / /

Loading games on harddrive!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Loading games on harddrive!
11-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Brick Loading games on harddrive!
I loaded Motion Sports on harddrive, first time I ever done that. I then tried to play the game, it asked for the cd, so I put it in. In seemed to load at the same speed, I think it was running off the cd and not harddrive!

How do you know which one the Xbox is using cd or harddrive?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2010, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2010 03:43 PM by Jim xSkull.)
RE: Loading games on harddrive!
To the best of my knowledge if you have installed a game to the hard drive the xbox will always load from the hard drive, it just looks at the DVD drive at launch to check you have the disc.

The end result may or may not produce faster load times, but its a lot less wear and tear on the xbox and less heat is produced in process.
11-28-2010, 03:53 PM
(11-28-2010 03:41 PM)Jim xSkull Wrote:  To the best of my knowledge if you have installed a game to the hard drive the xbox will always load from the hard drive, it just looks at the DVD drive at launch to check you have the disc.

The end result may or may not produce faster load times, but its a lot less wear and tear on the xbox and less heat is produced in process.

Thx 4 the info Cool
11-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Also, the amount of noise coming from the xbox 360 hard disc drive is less than from the DVD-drive.

Furthermore, I think it will also conserve a bit of energy, but I'm not sure about that.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-28-2010, 08:52 PM
(11-28-2010 03:41 PM)Jim xSkull Wrote:  To the best of my knowledge if you have installed a game to the hard drive the xbox will always load from the hard drive, it just looks at the DVD drive at launch to check you have the disc.

This is correct. Even if you have the game installed, your 360 needs the disc in the tray to confirm you actually have a physical copy of the game.

It's also helpful if your game disc is very scratched as the 360 will run the game from your HDD once the check has been completed.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is anyone into Racing games? meistroracer 3 192 03-24-2011 01:56 AM
Last Post: wazza
  What games are you most looking forward to? 360 9 615 02-05-2011 02:44 AM
Last Post: BosniaFTW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)