We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Lococycle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lococycle
09-01-2012, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 06:52 PM by dirtyvu.)
Lococycle
still there are strong hints that this is a Kinect game, I'm creating a thread! If it turns out to be a regular 360 game, I'll move it.

Lococycle looks sick!!! If you really want to see this 60 fps game, a great way is to go to the Giant Bomb site since their video player allows 60 fps. if you want to see the videos in 60 fps, go to http://www.giantbomb.com/lococycle/61-38529/

below are the Youtube versions but remember that Youtube converts all videos to 30 fps so you're losing the smooth animation and speed of 60 fps:

announce trailer

first gameplay (crazy stuff!!!)

behind the scenes voice acting

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2012, 08:07 PM
joystiq preview from PAX
to help make sense of the trailers:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/31/twiste...razy-plac/

excerpts:

...studio director Michael Wilford, showing the game for the first time at PAX Prime 2012. There is a very clear inspiration, he says, and it's Ice Cube's 2004 motorcycle racing movie, Torque.

IRIS is the game's lead, a female motorcycle made by a group called Big Arms (a division of 'Splosion Man's Big Science, Wilford confirmed). She's gone a little nuts and thrown her rider, Pablo, to the ground behind her while trying escape her creators. "Short Circuit is a big inspiration too, actually," says Wilford, acknowledging similarities to that film's robot, Number Five.

As you can tell from the released videos, the game's really goofy. Pablo routinely shouts frantic lines in Spanish at IRIS as she weaves through traffic and fires with unlimited ammo on the cars in front of her. When the jetpack enemies finally appear, IRIS somehow vaults up into the air and starts beating down on them with her wheels, at one point even swinging Pablo around like a mace and bashing into enemies that way.

Wherever it ends up, LocoCycle definitely won't be short on the loco. There's already that robotic bike with the kung-fu skills, poor Pablo being constantly dragged behind, and the jetpack suits trying to take her down, but Wilford promises that, by the time the game is done, "there's going to be a lot more of that kind of crazy shit going on."

09-02-2012, 02:27 AM
Thumbs Up RE: Lococycle
I'm wondering if it's a Kinect game too, it didn't mention Kinect in the videos but then it didn't have anything at the end other than "Microsoft Studios", whereas normally official videos either have Xbox 360 at the end if it's just an Xbox 360 game or an Xbox 360 & Kinect at the end if it supports Kinect.

I can easily see how it could (should Big Grin) be a Kinect game since you could steer by doing handlebar and leaning motions (while sitting down even), shoot by lifting 1 hand up to aim and do the other fighting by standing up and punching & kicking. (You could probably do that sitting down too if they can get your legs tracking properly while sitting down, I'm guessing they've had problems and that's why the braking and accelerating with Kinect was cut from Forza 4? Although it looked like it worked fine in the earlier demos. Undecided )
09-06-2012, 09:49 PM
RE: Lococycle
I'm hoping they're doing this tactic to build up good will for the game before announcing. Right now, the second you say "Kinect" all the anti-Kinect people jump in and already hate it before it's given a chance.