/ / v /

Max Number of Video connections

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Hello,

I am researching using XBox, Kinect and XBox Live as video conferencing solution for my company.

Does anyone know the maximum number of connections I can make at one time? And can you site your source?

In other words, with how many users could I cooperatively play a game at one time?

Thank you for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2011, 04:49 PM
RE: Max Number of Video connections
(07-25-2011 03:53 PM)eluxsmh Wrote:  Hello,

I am researching using XBox, Kinect and XBox Live as video conferencing solution for my company.

Does anyone know the maximum number of connections I can make at one time? And can you site your source?

In other words, with how many users could I cooperatively play a game at one time?

Thank you for your help.
Could you please elaborate on what do you mean with "maximum number of connections". Do you mean within Avatar Kinect, or using Video Kinect?

With Avatar Kinect there is a maximum of 8 people connected at the same time.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-25-2011, 06:37 PM
(07-25-2011 04:49 PM)Clemens Wrote:  
(07-25-2011 03:53 PM)eluxsmh Wrote:  Hello,

Thank you for your help.
Could you please elaborate on what do you mean with "maximum number of connections". Do you mean within Avatar Kinect, or using Video Kinect?

With Avatar Kinect there is a maximum of 8 people connected at the same time.

Sure, I mean Video Kinect. Ideally, this would be used in small conference rooms and be able to link 4 or more rooms together on screen.
07-25-2011, 08:03 PM
I think, although I'm not 100% sure, that you can chat with max 2 people.

At least 1 person on the web agrees with me:
see: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...539AAx8mVn
"you can only video chat with one person at a time."

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-25-2011, 09:07 PM
at the E3 2010 convention, when Video Kinect was announced, they said it would eventually support up to 8 people.

but so far it's only supporting 2 people.

but now that Skype is being integrated across all Microsoft platforms, it'll be using the Skype protocols on the 360 as well.

And Skype integration with Kinect will be awesome, especially if Skype hooks into Avatar Kinect (well, not interesting for a business).

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
07-25-2011, 09:26 PM
(07-25-2011 09:07 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  at the E3 2010 convention, when Video Kinect was announced, they said it would eventually support up to 8 people.

but now that Skype is being integrated across all Microsoft platforms, it'll be using the Skype protocols on the 360 as well.

And Skype integration with Kinect will be awesome, especially if Skype hooks into Avatar Kinect (well, not interesting for a business).

Thank you dirtyvu. Would you happen to know where I could go to monitor the Skype/Kinect intergration? I don't mean hourly or anythng, but what service is most likely to care about this from a business point of view? {I know your thinkin, "What does this guy want? Blood?"}
07-25-2011, 11:09 PM
(07-25-2011 09:26 PM)eluxsmh Wrote:  
(07-25-2011 09:07 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  at the E3 2010 convention, when Video Kinect was announced, they said it would eventually support up to 8 people.

Thank you dirtyvu. Would you happen to know where I could go to monitor the Skype/Kinect intergration? I don't mean hourly or anythng, but what service is most likely to care about this from a business point of view? {I know your thinkin, "What does this guy want? Blood?"}

there was a lot of news around the time that Skype was sold to Microsoft. Now it's a matter of time for the actual buying process to be completed and the divisions merged.

here's an article I remembered:
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/20...othing.ars

I haven't been following it recently so I'm sure there are better ones out there.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
07-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks a lot. I can't figure out how to rate your answer, but its got a great beat, I can dance to it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Video Kinect sbricker47 1 648 08-23-2011 12:36 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  Video Conferencing Rockfather1967 2 2,273 03-19-2011 12:41 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Voice commands in video library???? sv10 1 2,290 02-23-2011 10:55 AM
Last Post: Clemens
  Zune video library help ywith 2 2,673 12-20-2010 03:18 PM
Last Post: HazyCloud
  Do you think Video Kinect will look like this? justinj2 11 3,685 12-02-2010 12:37 AM
  Video Kinect autozoom does't work- Any ideas? kf6noz 4 3,236 11-30-2010 05:24 AM