We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

Michael Jackson The Experience//DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Michael Jackson The Experience//DISAPPOINTMENT!!!
04-14-2011, 09:30 PM
RE: Michael Jackson The Experience//DISAPPOINTMENT!!!
(04-14-2011 08:06 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  I've got mine now! I haven't had the chance to try it out yet but I read the instructions and it says that in Master Performance mode you get to perform better MJ moves and you learn the moves in the MJ School mode. So basically play it in Master Performance mode to get the best experience. Big Grin
By the way, people can't complain about not having co-op or versus simultaneous (dancing) local or online multiplayer because it's just not technically possible. (Currently at least.) Unlike other games which use skeletal systems Ubisoft's Player Projection uses the point cloud based 3D model of the player with the video from the RGB VGA cam covering it to create the pseudo-3D video effect. Because it uses the point cloud it's therefore (interactively) tracking thousands of points instead of, for example, the 20 points per player that Microsoft's default skeletal system uses so it probably uses a LOT of power (which is why Your Shape and Michael Jackson: The Experience don't have that much going on graphics-wise) which is why Ubisoft have said they haven't managed to get it working yet with more than one player.

Cool, interesting info!

Thanks!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2011, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2011 10:51 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Exclamation RE: Michael Jackson The Experience//DISAPPOINTMENT!!!
Check out this awesome new trailer! (0:54 MOONWALKExclamation Big Grin Cool )

By the way, has anybody seen any ads on TV yet? I haven't. Sad They should be marketing the hell out of this game, it could (SHOULD) sell millions!!!
Watch this video from 05:30 onwards for a clip of the MJ School where they teach you the moves. I'm guessing that it was meant to be MJ teaching you but obviously he died before he could film anything for the game. Sad

Find all posts by this user
04-14-2011, 11:56 PM
from watching the dance tutorial in MJ, how can people have a problem learning how to do the moves? the MJ moves are not any more complex than DC. compared to Zumba, DC and MJ are cake.

Dancing is never easy. If you want easy, watch a music video.
04-15-2011, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2011 02:11 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Michael Jackson The Experience//DISAPPOINTMENT!!!
OK, I've had a look at the various options (but haven't actually danced because I haven't got enough space yet) and not only is there the MJ School in the main menu but also in the actual game mode after you've chosen a song and it asks you to choose a difficulty level if you scroll to the top you'll see "Practice" (above "Dance") and that's where you can practice the various moves individually for each song and it shows the in-game icon for each move. (The MJ School mode doesn't show any icons, it's just a video tutorial that also shows the player so that you can dance along with Travis Payne and his dancers if you want.) By the way, the Master Performance mode looks insanely hard, but that's a good thing, lol! (Although I agree with the review that was linked to that it's unfortunate that you can't choose to just dance or just sing in the Master Performance mode. There should be "Master Dancing" and "Master Singing" modes.)
Somebody really needs to slap Gamespot! First, last year just before Kinect was released, they totally messed up their first review/preview of Kinect itself by setting it up wrong so that it could only see the top half of their body. Dodgy Now they're claiming Michael Jackson: The Experience has significant lag between you and your onscreen self! WTF???!!! HuhAngry It doesn't have any (as in any above what's technically possible) lag, so obviously they've done something wrong. I bet they have a laggy HDTV without "Game Mode" switched on (or it hasn't even got a mode like that) and they're running the Xbox 360 through a separate AV receiver. Either that or I have a magic Kinect that has far less lag than everybody else, lol! Can anybody let me know if they have "significant" lag with Michael Jackson: The Experience? (Also Gamespot complain about the lack of similtaneous multiplayer. Considering it's a well established and supposedly proffesional videogame dedicated website they should have known the reason for that and if they did know the reason then is unfair of them to complain about it and they should at least inform their readers of the reason.)
04-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Played it last night and it's not bad at all if you're into dance games. I didn't notice any lag whatsoever, but the singing bit seems to be very strict on your score (or I really stink.) I'm so used to RB3 and its great scoring system, so that may also be it.

You can't pick a difficulty either. When you select the song, you are then told how hard it is rated. The problem with that is that you can't tell how hard a song is until you select it. During the selection screen, all you see are the titles of the songs which seems a bit odd. It does however work identical to Your Shape's menu which is a good thing.

I tried out singing into Kinect and a USB mic and both worked. It does feel weird though singing into Kinect without actually holding a mic. During the songs I sang and danced to, the game has you dance and sing at different times. Another thing that bothered me was you don't know if a song is purely dancing, singing or both until you've selected it. Some songs were singing only while others gave you the option to choose.

If anyone has any questions, I'll definitely try and answer them.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
04-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Played it a few hours ago and my first impression is: very very cool game!
04-15-2011, 10:17 PM
(04-15-2011 06:50 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  Played it last night and it's not bad at all if you're into dance games. I didn't notice any lag whatsoever, but the singing bit seems to be very strict on your score (or I really stink.) I'm so used to RB3 and its great scoring system, so that may also be it.

You can't pick a difficulty either. When you select the song, you are then told how hard it is rated. The problem with that is that you can't tell how hard a song is until you select it. During the selection screen, all you see are the titles of the songs which seems a bit odd. It does however work identical to Your Shape's menu which is a good thing.

I tried out singing into Kinect and a USB mic and both worked. It does feel weird though singing into Kinect without actually holding a mic. During the songs I sang and danced to, the game has you dance and sing at different times. Another thing that bothered me was you don't know if a song is purely dancing, singing or both until you've selected it. Some songs were singing only while others gave you the option to choose.

If anyone has any questions, I'll definitely try and answer them.

Thanks! You answered a lot of the questions I had. How did it sound singing through the Kinect? Did you sound far away? Did your singing score suffer?
04-15-2011, 10:49 PM
@HazyCloud...thank you for your input on this game. I was so worried from the OP post that I wasn't going to get it. But now, I am having a change of heart. I want it more and more.

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
04-16-2011, 10:46 AM
(04-15-2011 10:49 PM)meistroracer Wrote:  @HazyCloud...thank you for your input on this game. I was so worried from the OP post that I wasn't going to get it. But now, I am having a change of heart. I want it more and more.

It sounds like ZappyGetzOff10 jumped the gun a bit and went straight into the game without checking out the menus. I think the best way to play this is to try to memorise the moves in practice mode (which is going to be a nightmare for me since I'm useless at memorising things, even before I got M.E. I could never remember lyrics, lol!) then once you've learnt it off by heart dance to the music from memory rather than watching the backing dancers and/or icons. For a start doing it that way is more natural and you don't look like you're just doing moving poses, if you know what I mean?

Also if you're an MJ fan try doing some of the moves properly where the backing dancers don't do it properly like the leg kick (the leg kick with the hand on the knee at the end, not with the leg shake although I presume that move is included too, I just haven't played enough of it yet) and hopefully the move will still give you a "Perfect". I don't know why the backing dancers do some of the moves wrong and why they're not as good as the dancers in the MJ School. Why didn't they use the same dancers? Undecided

By the way, something I'm so glad they got right is that the moves are mirrored on screen. By that I mean if you watch the moves on screen in the game (including the MJ School) then watch an actual MJ video you'll notice that the moves on screen in the game look the opposite way round to watching the moves in the music videos which is right because it means the moves you're actually performing yourself in real life are the right way round, like if you were practicing in front of a mirror.
04-16-2011, 08:08 PM
I just had to post this... he's a regular at the avsforum 360 messageboard.

04-16-2011, 08:23 PM
(04-16-2011 08:08 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  I just had to post this... he's a regular at the avsforum 360 messageboard.

That will make MJ come out of his mystery island, lol.

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
04-17-2011, 10:19 AM
(04-16-2011 08:08 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  I just had to post this... he's a regular at the avsforum 360 messageboard.

I glad to see someone is having fun with the game. Now it make me happy and I will be getting this.

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
04-18-2011, 04:10 PM
(04-15-2011 10:17 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  Thanks! You answered a lot of the questions I had. How did it sound singing through the Kinect? Did you sound far away? Did your singing score suffer?

It honestly didn't sound bad, but then again the vocal sound is set low by default. I do however feel that my scoring did suffer. It seems there were times when Kinect wouldn't pick up my voice so I wouldn't be scored on those words.

I've already sent it back to Gamefly, but I'll end up getting it like The Beatles: Rock Band just to have it in my collection. I'll also either use a USB mic or a LIPS mic for the singing parts.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
04-20-2011, 07:05 AM
the game is hard you can read the reviews on amazon.com its the same reviews its 2 hard. and its not a break down teaching thing like dance central that what sucks it just throws u into the dance moves!!! -___-

[Image: tumblr_lewefjYqV21qffkomo1_400.png]
!!GameTag"ZappyGetzOff10"!!
04-20-2011, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2011 09:47 AM by Corellianrogue.)
(04-20-2011 07:05 AM)ZappyGetzOff10 Wrote:  the game is hard you can read the reviews on amazon.com its the same reviews its 2 hard. and its not a break down teaching thing like dance central that what sucks it just throws u into the dance moves!!! -___-

MJ's moves are hard. If Ubisoft made it too easy then people would complain that they dumbed the dancing down too much. I looked at Dance Central's "Break It Down" mode and it's basically the same as The Michael Jackson Experience's "Practice mode" except that you have the option to slow down each move. That would be very handy so maybe Ubisoft can release an update that adds that option to MJE? MJE does have you closer to front and centre in Practice mode though so you can see exactly what you're doing whereas in DC's Break It Down mode you only have a tiny white silhouette of yourself in the top left corner which must be harder to see if you're doing the moves properly plus it must be hard to watch as you're supposed to also watch the dancer in the centre of the screen and the move list on the right. (It's hard enough trying to do that with MJE.) Also DC's moves look slower than a lot of MJ's moves anyway. MJE does break down and slow down the moves in the MJ School mode though. Here are MJE's Practice mode and DC's Break It Down mode for people to compare:

Michael Jackson: The Experience (I don't know why her head looks weird in the game, lol! Maybe her hair is too shiny or something?)

Dance Central

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Michael Jackson: The Experience Live Stream Event! Corellianrogue 7 2,544 05-25-2011 10:09 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
Exclamation Holographic Michael Jackson: The Experience! Corellianrogue 1 1,959 05-04-2011 09:07 AM
Last Post: Clemens