/ / v /

Michael Jackson The Experience//DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-13-2011, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2011 09:05 AM by Clemens.)
Okay i picked up the game today from gamestop this morning i been over excited about the game since i ever even heard about the kinect.....
The menu-the menu is amazing i love how u can see yourself on the screen thats the best part of the game.

The moves-wtf. They dont teach u how dance central teaches u they just throw you into the fire and expect u to learn moves fast as hell. I dont understand this @ all the moves are somewhat mj somewhat made up wackkk movesss wackkkk!!!!

Xbox live-idk what the hell happend to xbox live on here its no option to battle people online or i didn't even see a leader board

Pictures- or should i say picture. Idk what the hell its 1 picture thru out the whole song which sucks terribly and its no way you can save it
I would give this game a c+ if u think its like dance central its not!!! >.< i want my money back now!!! Angry

[Image: tumblr_lewefjYqV21qffkomo1_400.png]
!!GameTag"ZappyGetzOff10"!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2011, 09:09 AM
RE: Michael Jackson The Experience//DISAPPOINTMENT!!!
Wow this is really too bad. But, are the moves cool? And how's the tracking?

XboxLive integration has never been touted - as with Dance Central - but would have been a pretty awesome way to set itself apart from Dance Central, indeed.

Are you sure there's no learning mode, as on Amazon it says: "Learn how to pull off Michael's most iconic moves (such as the Moonwalk) thanks to the Michael Jackson School!"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042YM...B0042YM9GI

Let's hope for a software update soon, so the game can be improved Confused.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Information RE: Michael Jackson The Experience//DISAPPOINTMENT!!!
Yeah, check the menus for the Michael Jackson School like Clemens said. I don't know how Dance Central does the tutorials but fighting games usually have the tutorials seperate to the main game so this might be like that. I hope so anyway! Mine hasn't come yet so I can't check myself.
04-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Wow ,I am actually surprised. I think the game is great.

I want my money back for Yoostar 2 that was pure trash

Granted the lessons are not like Dance central but they are they. But i agree I am having some issues right now tryign to jump in and dance because i havent found the teach mode other than the lessons which dont teach you really step by step but i think the game is great

I WANT MY MONEY BACK FOR yoostar 2!
04-14-2011, 12:36 PM
I just bought the Collectors Edition because before I bought the regular version I found out that you HAVE TO have a Microfon to sing...

I will play it in a few hours and tell you how It is in my view (Im a hardcore MJ fan for about 10 years so HIGH expectations haha)

Wink
04-14-2011, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2011 01:19 PM by legreffer.)
(04-14-2011 12:36 PM)Fatih Wrote:  I just bought the Collectors Edition because before I bought the regular version I found out that you HAVE TO have a Microfon to sing...

I will play it in a few hours and tell you how It is in my view (Im a hardcore MJ fan for about 10 years so HIGH expectations haha)

Wink

It does not use the microphone from Kinect?

Here's a quote from gameinformer review (Link) :
Quote:The karaoke component works surprisingly well with Kinect's built-in microphone

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
04-14-2011, 01:27 PM
(04-14-2011 01:05 PM)legreffer Wrote:  
(04-14-2011 12:36 PM)Fatih Wrote:  I just bought the Collectors Edition because before I bought the regular version I found out that you HAVE TO have a Microfon to sing...

Wink

It does not use the microphone from Kinect?

Here's a quote from gameinformer review (Link) :
Quote:The karaoke component works surprisingly well with Kinect's built-in microphone
Well on the back of the game cover it says (in german) "You can even Singalong if you have a Microfon"
04-14-2011, 01:37 PM
I just got this game yesterday from Gamefly and will probably check it out tonight. I'd also suggest using an actual microphone instead of the Kinect mic for singing. Since people sound like tin cans during chat, the game seriously can't be judging you that well. I could be wrong though. *shrugs*

I'll have try it out and report back. I'll also try the LIPS mics and a RB mic to see if there's any difference.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
04-14-2011, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2011 01:49 PM by legreffer.)
Maybe what they mean is that the microphone adds a dimension to the whole experience. Smile

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
04-14-2011, 05:25 PM
My Collectors Edition Smile

04-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Wow, nice showing their Fatih! Big Grin

How are you enjoying the game? How's the mic? Big Grin

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-14-2011, 07:03 PM
I still don't know if you can use the USB mics from Guitar Hero, Rock Band, or Karaoke Revolution.

I know the game can use the Lips mics (as seen above in Fatih's post) and from the trailers.
04-14-2011, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2011 08:42 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Michael Jackson The Experience//DISAPPOINTMENT!!!
I've got mine now! I haven't had the chance to try it out yet but I read the instructions and it says that in Master Performance mode you get to perform better MJ moves and you learn the moves in the MJ School mode. So basically play it in Master Performance mode to get the best experience. Big Grin
By the way, people can't complain about not having co-op or versus simultaneous (dancing) local or online multiplayer because it's just not technically possible. (Currently at least.) Unlike other games which use skeletal systems Ubisoft's Player Projection uses the point cloud based 3D model of the player with the video from the RGB VGA cam covering it to create the pseudo-3D video effect. Because it uses the point cloud it's therefore (interactively) tracking thousands of points instead of, for example, the 20 points per player that Microsoft's default skeletal system uses so it probably uses a LOT of power (which is why Your Shape and Michael Jackson: The Experience don't have that much going on graphics-wise) which is why Ubisoft have said they haven't managed to get it working yet with more than one player.
04-14-2011, 08:48 PM
(04-14-2011 07:03 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  I still don't know if you can use the USB mics from Guitar Hero, Rock Band, or Karaoke Revolution.

I know the game can use the Lips mics (as seen above in Fatih's post) and from the trailers.

As long as the game doesn't need any motion from the mics, they should work.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
04-14-2011, 09:30 PM
(04-14-2011 08:48 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  
(04-14-2011 07:03 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  I still don't know if you can use the USB mics from Guitar Hero, Rock Band, or Karaoke Revolution.

As long as the game doesn't need any motion from the mics, they should work.

I hope so. I need confirmation though since USB mics didn't work in Lips until they updated the title. Also, the Lips mics didn't work in GH, RB, etc. until various updates were released too. So I learned not to expect but rather have someone confirm support. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Experience meistroracer 8 511 02-02-2011 12:46 AM
Last Post: Clemens
  My Kinect Experience - A brief Kinect Review Clemens 1 466 11-15-2010 04:10 PM
Last Post: C0d3_W4rr10r
  Kinect Experience: Day One DiJaDi 3 618 11-05-2010 04:38 PM
  First to experience Kinect Clemens 6 951 11-05-2010 12:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)