We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

My Kinect Idea

Poll: Do you like my idea?
Yes, seems interesting and fun!
Kind of, seems very complex but fun!
No, seems to hard to make and complicated!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
My Kinect Idea
06-12-2011, 10:57 PM
My Kinect Idea
My idea is a hockey game, this is what I've wanted since I first got my Kinect! I joined this forum today and saw this as an opportunity to share my idea. This is kind of complex, however.

Players:

When you are a playing first of all, depending on which way you select for shooting thats the hand it will hold your stick in, you can grip the stick with the other hand, too. When you don't have the puck you run on the spot, to skate. You will skate in whatever direction you are facing. You can check the player with the puck by pushing your arms and hands outward. When you have the puck, it stays on your stick until someone checks you or steals the puck. You can deke by moving your main arm (holding the stick) side to side. There can be many different dekes, like you can put it behind you and even shoot it off the boards around a defender. Swing your arms forward to shoot (like a hockey stick) you can do slap shots by pulling your arms back then swinging them forward. Pass it by lightly swinging your arms forward towards a teammate.

Goalies:

For goalies, instead of Kinect Sports Soccer, way of goalie. This would be different. Because it Kinect sports when you fall down in real life, your character just goes really short. This game would have different animations depending on what you do. If the sensor loses sight of you, it should make your goalie, fall over and stack the pads. If it sees you in the air sticking an arm it your goalie will dive and reach for the puck. However, in these animations you can control part of the goalie, like in the diving one you control where the glove catches and stuff, in the air. Like the player, you select a main arm to hold your stick, which will also have the blocker, the other hand will be a glove. At the begining you select if you are a hybrid, butterfly, are stand-up goalie, that way to it knows how to position your guy, without you actually having to play on your knees (but you can).

Fights:

Pretty straight forward, you can grab ahold of the other player and punch with your other hand, you can yank both hands to try and take down a player.

Please forgive any spelling mistakes, and please tell me what you think of my idea. I really hope people answer this so I can get this idea into a real game. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Information RE: My Kinect Idea
For the skating it would make more sense to make skating motions on the spot rather than running.
06-13-2011, 03:34 AM
RE: My Kinect Idea
Oh yeah! That would be even more cool!
06-13-2011, 03:37 PM
RE: My Kinect Idea
As a Canadian, I am very interested in hockey game and I like your idea. I do not think we will see the joystick replaced by the Kinect in NHL (EA Sports) or NHL 2k, there is too much movement and some are complex (make a feint with your skate for example). But I would see very much an arcade hockey game, perhaps in Kinect Sports Season 3 (winter) Big Grin

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Kinect Shooter Controls Idea Corellianrogue 1 486 07-12-2011 03:05 AM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  My Idea For Kinect jason_2_12 5 717 05-19-2011 09:03 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  My game Idea nunubx 7 852 05-18-2011 10:34 AM
Last Post: jason_2_12