everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

My Kinect is trying to kill me...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2011, 09:04 PM
We all know what it is like, we promise to lose weight and do whatever it takes, but after a day we lose motivation and then go on a binge... Well I have made a promise to myself, after spending 34.99 on UFC Trainer I have made a promise to follow their 30 day exercise programme and I can safely say after day 1... My Kinect is trying to kill me....

Over the next 30 days I will post daily my results and use it as a motivational tool to turn myself into a UFC god... Ok a slightly less fat version of myself (I currently look like Mr Blobby minus the bo tie).

So the only catch is that the Kinect froze on me after doing the warm-ups and all 19 exercises and so tomo I will re-start it... St John's Ambulance are on stand-by just to let you know.

The final results will then form part of an extensive review of the game in 30 days time Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2011, 06:45 AM
RE: My Kinect is trying to kill me...
cool. always looking for detailed product reviews. hope your exercise journey goes well! Smile

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
08-09-2011, 09:10 AM
(08-08-2011 09:04 PM)Tim Knight Wrote:  We all know what it is like, we promise to lose weight and do whatever it takes, but after a day we lose motivation and then go on a binge... Well I have made a promise to myself, after spending 34.99 on UFC Trainer I have made a promise to follow their 30 day exercise programme and I can safely say after day 1... My Kinect is trying to kill me....

Over the next 30 days I will post daily my results and use it as a motivational tool to turn myself into a UFC god... Ok a slightly less fat version of myself (I currently look like Mr Blobby minus the bo tie).

So the only catch is that the Kinect froze on me after doing the warm-ups and all 19 exercises and so tomo I will re-start it... St John's Ambulance are on stand-by just to let you know.

The final results will then form part of an extensive review of the game in 30 days time Wink

Hahaha funny thread.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2011, 11:19 PM
You know you if you get really sore you shouldn't start working out that muscle again atleast for a day. overtraining is pretty common and can be painfull for 2-3weeks, i know from experience.
08-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Well what a nightmare lmao!

I realised I would need to start again because it didn't save properly, but I did something to my chest muscles and had to stop anyway.

I then left it a few days to rest it up and finally felt better only for my nan to pass away and so things got a little hectic from there, but now things are back to normal (bar the funeral coming up) and so tonight matthew I shall be the man screaming for an ambulance when I re-start the UFC Trainer 30 day programe again... Reports including pictures and videos Wink
09-14-2011, 02:17 PM
I felt exactly that, this is trying to kill us.
After more than 5 years without any training and basically not moving at all I decided to try kinect.
After a failed attempt with Kinect Sports where my back was hurting like hell after the first 2 day of use I decided to try UFC.

I went in, done the fitness test. Was ok, the beginner level, but already sweating a lot. Then eager to do some more, I started a 30 days program right away. After the warm up an 1-2 exercises, I was finished. I wasn't able to do any, not even the practice ones. I just lied on the floor wanting to stop the hole damn thing, but I couldn't do anything.
After a few minutes, I managed to get up and turn the console off.

So that registered as I missed the program and I had sore muscles (mostly at the upper side of my legs) ever since , but the next day I had another try with the second day of workout. I did a lot better, completing 15 of the 19 exercises (the push ups are just too hard) Then on the third and forth day I was able to do all the exercises, even if I sweat just from the warm up and feel like giving up often enough. Now it's the fifth day and rest and even if I don't feel any benefits right now, I will continue this.