/ / v /

My Weight Loss Challenge Blog Using Kinect (GRITSplus1)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
My Weight Loss Challenge Blog Using Kinect (GRITSplus1)
01-24-2011, 07:01 PM
RE: My Weight Loss Challenge Blog Using Kinect (GRITSplus1)
(01-24-2011 04:37 PM)GRITSplus1 Wrote:  I weighed 197.3, which is a loss of 1.7 lbs. I would like to lose at a faster rate so I believe I need to eat better. Im thinking of cutting the carbs tremendously to maybe < 20 carbs a day. Im probably going to feel like crap for several days but hopefully my body will adjust. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks, Grits

It will get tougher , your body will slow down the burn after the first few weeks too, top tip tho get some lil 5kg weights and use those in each hand while doing the cardio workouts to really push your muscles better, or even better some weighted gloves may seem like little but they will make a fair bit of extra burn and help build more muscle.

More muscle means you'll naturally burn more cals during working out and throught the day, your also at the stage of your body starting to burn fat and make more muscle so its good to measure your waist, hips and neck youll sometimes get no weight loss but lose an inch from your waist!

Sounds like yorushape is fairly accurate then as mine says around 350cals in a 45min workout, not sure why yours isn't being as close to that Undecidedyou need to have the correct rhythm for it to count.

[Image: bbill2k2.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2011, 11:01 PM
Thanks Bill. Hows your week going? The calories burned comes from my Polar watch, which calculates based on my heart rate as well as other factors. Your Shape does not know my heart rate and calculates my calories burned to be only half of what the Polar says. You are probably burning twice as much as Your Shape's calculations. Heart rate is a very important factor in determining your calories burned and Your Shape has no way of knowing your heart rate.

https://123kinect.com/kinect-forums/Threa...GRITSplus1

[Image: GRITSplus1.png]
01-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Just stumbled upon your thread, it seems you are off to a good start. Maybe you will motivate some of us others to start being a little more active or try a bit harder. Keep it up!
01-26-2011, 10:09 AM
I'll be buying a HRM this week in that case! Find out what im realy burning!

[Image: bbill2k2.png]
01-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Bill, keep me updated as I would like to know what your HRM watch says as well. Be sure one of the features on the watch is "Calories Burned" and it will most likely come with a heart rate monitor band. I know Best Buy has a nice selection of them and Amazon will most likely have your best price.

https://123kinect.com/kinect-forums/Threa...GRITSplus1

[Image: GRITSplus1.png]
01-26-2011, 03:56 PM
(01-26-2011 03:07 PM)GRITSplus1 Wrote:  Bill, keep me updated as I would like to know what your HRM watch says as well. Be sure one of the features on the watch is "Calories Burned" and it will most likely come with a heart rate monitor band. I know Best Buy has a nice selection of them and Amazon will most likely have your best price.

Great idea Grits! Thanks for sharing Smile. Really like the fact that you proudly put your story in your signature. Did you know that you can make the link nicer - so use a number of words and link thos words? For example: "My weight loss challenge".

If you want more info, let me know Smile.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-29-2011, 04:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2011 05:00 AM by kinectamama.)
I am going out and buying a HRM, I guess I haven't been giving myself enough credit. I can't wait to see what I really burn, I also started doing on demand workouts that I'm crazy about and always want to know how many calories I've burned but never even thought of this. Thanks Smile
Oh and keep up the good work you're very motivational!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Trying to lose weight sparky 4 200 04-08-2011 08:45 AM
Last Post: wazza
  My "Get in shape" Blog legreffer 43 1,911 04-07-2011 04:05 AM
Last Post: legreffer
  Weight loss challange starting at 259lbs! bondbill2k2 13 940 03-24-2011 08:56 PM
Last Post: bondbill2k2
Lightbulb My 60lbs Kinect-challenge PatinageArtistique 15 793 03-15-2011 10:36 PM
Last Post: PatinageArtistique
Tongue My Weight Loss with Kinect kinectlover 6 715 03-09-2011 04:48 AM
Last Post: Rabidmaggot
  My kinect weight loss journey Kendrab2315 43 4,743 03-08-2011 10:23 AM
Last Post: PatinageArtistique

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)