We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

My Weight Loss (Hopefully Supplemented with Kinect)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2012, 06:35 PM
So here I am... about to bear my soul.

Have you ever looked in the mirror and thought... WOW... I am ugly/fat/disgusting and don't feel good about myself anymore? You ever finally get to that point where you say "How can this be okay... no matter how much more weight I gain... I know I'll only feel worse." ?

My weight has officially begun to ruin my life.

I thought for the longest time "Yes, I'm big; but I can still move." Well, my attitude swiftly changed when I tried to work out. Yes I can walk from the car to the house, or from the bus stop to work or get up and down stairs or go to the mall without too much hassel... but I can't REALLY move.

So... here is my attempt at logging my hopeful weight loss progress. I am officially starting things off this week. Monday was my first weigh in... and boy oh boy... I reached my highest weight ever. I'm sick of being the fat girl in the photos, I'm sick of being looked at funny when I walk into certain stores, basically I'm sick of my weight controlling my life.

I want to be able to run without being winded after 1 minute... I want to be able to go to Disney World and not rock the boat on the pirates of the Carribbean ride... I want to feel normal!

So here are my current stats... and my current goals.
As of January 9th, 2012 I weighed in at 256.5lbs. I am 5 foot 2 inches and 24 years old. My goal is to be 200lbs or less by July 1st. That would be utterly AMAZING. I will take 220lbs though. Just something less than I am now would be wonderful. That would be about 10lbs a month... or 2.5 lbs a week.

So I know this is a Kinect Forum... and I am supplementing my weight loss with Kinect. Here is my excersice program thus far:
I got a gym membership and a friend and I are going 3 days a week and doing general weight lifting for about 30 to 40 minutes... and then 30 minutes of cardio. (Currently we are trying the Couch Potato to 5K runner program).
Then we added a 4th day where we are taking a boxing class at the same gym I mentioned earlier. This is a 55 minute class and it is HARD. Suicides, sprints, lunges, up-downs, boxing, squats... just pure absolute pain. The funny thing is... I LOVED IT. I'm so incredibly sore right now... I can't even easily get out of my computer chair at work... but it already makes me feel SO GOOD to know that I did something hard! I can do this! I just need to stick with it and not give up.
So here is where the kinect comes in. I figure if I play it for even 30 minutes twice a week thats going to be so much more activity that I can say that I did. I may not play the most intensive games (like tonight I'm planning on doing biggest loser yoga for extra stretching) or kinect adventures or carnival games or whatever, but its more than I was previously doing.

As for my dietary changes, I got a new water bottle that I absolutely love. Its a camelbak insulated water bottle that keeps my water cold for at least 6 hours! It has me drinking so much more water(I used to HATE water) but now its something that I crave. And that's happened in just over a week!
I haven't given up on all the bad food. I know that I should (things like coke, pizza, cake and stuff like that) but I am planning on decreasing my intake drastically. Its just really not realistic to avoid potatoes all the time, or pop all the time... I want to go out and have a good time with friends, but that means that the rest of the week I'll have salads for dinner instead of pizza. As for breakfast and lunches I've found something that I'm okay with sticking to.
Every morning for breakfast I have a Chobani greek yogurt. I feel good about eating it because it has 14 grams of protein! Its a little high in carbs from the natural sugars but its got more protein than an egg. Protein in the mornings is proven to quell hunger cravings later on in the day. Oh and its non fat yogurt.
For lunches I've begun to buy lean cuisines. They are incredibly easy to pack (you just bring them to work) and they now have SO many flavors to choose from. I have my favorites that I buy every time I get them, but overall if you get them onsale they average about 2 dollars per meal. Thats way cheaper than a salad or anything you could make at home.
As for dinner it could be chicken, broccoli and brown rice or chicken salad or something much more healthy. I still have munchies from time to time but I'm not gnawing on chocolate or craving an obscene amount of food.
I also try to drink at least one cup of green tea a day. It supposed to help boost your metabolism, which lets face it, I can use the help.

So all in all thats my plan, what I eat, what I try and avoid... and basically my soul. If you want to keep track of my journey I will try and post an update every Monday. If you are in a similar boat maybe we could connect through xbox live and play kinect games together. I need to do this... I truly hope I can commit this time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2012, 12:04 AM
RE: My Weight Loss (Hopefully Supplemented with Kinect)
Good luck im also trying to use Kinect to help me lose weight. I hope it works for you
01-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Well after my first official weigh in (I weighed myself yesterday) I am down 3.8 lbs. Not a ton... but I will take it Smile.
01-25-2012, 06:06 PM
So I weighed myself on Monday and I gained 0.2 lbs. Sad. Not good... but after considering what I ate... its not so terrible. I'm extra focused on watching what I eat this week and we will see what Monday brings.
01-25-2012, 06:17 PM
make sure you pick a program you can sustain for a long time. it took many years for you to gain weight. it will take quite awhile for you to get back to a lower weight. your body's chemistry has changed such that your drastic measures will be fought against. the worst thing is to work at an extreme level and then quit.

maybe start at 20 minutes cardio and 15 minute weights. you want to make sure your heart rate is within the optimal level. if your heart rate is skyrocketing, then that indicates your fitness level and that you aren't achieving optimal efficiency. Also, if you suddenly start heavy exercising, all that weight is a burden for your joints and you'll develop sore knees, sore shoulders, etc. So make sure you vary your exercise so your joints have time to recover. as you get healthier, you can then ramp up the intensity and length of your workouts.

the point is you need a routine that you can make a lifestyle. if you feel that you can sustain that serious workout indefinitely, then do so as the harder you work, the more results you'll get. but if there are times where you feel you may give up, then you need to reevaluate how to achieve your goals.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
01-25-2012, 06:24 PM
(01-25-2012 06:06 PM)DogsInTheMitten Wrote:  So I weighed myself on Monday and I gained 0.2 lbs. Sad. Not good... but after considering what I ate... its not so terrible. I'm extra focused on watching what I eat this week and we will see what Monday brings.

Good Luck, Im in the same boat but Im male. I hope to be beach ready by the end of May. I started Kinect Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 and I have lost 12.8 pounds so far. I like this system because it tracks your workouts and its very cool to see yourself shed those lbs on the tv!
01-30-2012, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2012 04:58 PM by DogsInTheMitten.)
Well another weigh in today... annnnnddddd I lost 1.3 lbs! I know that its not a ton... but I still feel so much better! (Just cause I'm getting my butt up and moving). So heres hoping that next week I will be able to break that 250lb barrier. Only 1.6lbs away from it!!!

Oh! And I've decided I'm going to start taking my measurements every two or three weeks. Just as another gauge to see how I'm doing. So in two weeks hopefully I'll have lost some size too!
01-31-2012, 05:31 AM
Thats good that you r losing weight and talking efferts for that I can suggest you some Yummyy recipes and effective workout.
http://www.thebiggestloser.info/the-bigg...ecipe.html
http://www.thebiggestloser.info/the-bigg...rkout.html
Tongue

The Biggest Loser
02-07-2012, 05:08 PM
As of yesterday I have lost another 0.4 lbs. I do realize that I'm losing weight very slowly... however at least I'm not gaining. Soooo I'm still happy. I just have to take the small stuff as a good sign and hope that my body will work with me soon!
02-13-2012, 06:07 PM
considering your body weight usually alwys fluxates from 1-5 pounds depending on what you wear or how hydrated you are or when you ate.

i recommend doing a check every maybe 5-7 days instead of every day. one day you might weigh yourself and seems like you gained a few pounds but its effected by the factors above.
02-13-2012, 06:36 PM
@Jersmall - I only weigh myself once a week and I will start taking measurements once a month.

I had another weigh in today and I lost another 0.4 lbs. I'm going really slow... but I have a doctors appointment set up in a couple of weeks to see what can be done.
02-13-2012, 07:59 PM
i agree. don't focus so much on what you see on the scale. weight loss is like getting a train moving. it's slow to start but as it picks up momentum, it kind of goes on its own.

focus more on your calorie intake and your exercise. the rest will take care of itself.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
02-20-2012, 05:15 PM
I had another weigh in today... and guess what? I lost 1.3 lbs!! I am officially out of the 250's. It took me FOREVER to get here... but when I stepped on that scale this morning and I saw 149.5 I about lost it!! So happy. I'll update again in a week.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RK3's Weight Loss Journey Rapidkirby3k 1 1,149 08-15-2012 03:56 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
Rainbow My weight loss journey... GaelicDream 2 1,230 04-18-2012 03:19 AM
Last Post: GaelicDream
  My kinect weight loss journey Kendrab2315 56 48,439 02-29-2012 03:36 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  I've decided to get serious about losing weight. Pink Panther 9 3,010 02-01-2012 05:50 AM
Last Post: maggscot
Smile Weight Loss Journey with Kinect colta 5 2,631 01-28-2012 02:59 AM
Last Post: colta
Lightbulb Losing Weight the Kinect Way m0st W4nt3d 1 1 1,895 01-25-2012 06:10 PM
Last Post: DogsInTheMitten