We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

My first day of kinect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My first day of kinect
11-05-2010, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2010 03:16 PM by spitfirex007.)
My first day of kinect
Man I love this device! I got mine yesterday around 2:30pm. Went to Taco Bell for lunch after picking mine up, then straight home for some kinect! The set up was super easy. I know IGN said otherwise.. That is a lie. It just plugged right in, scanned the room and checked sound. Showed you a bunch of tips on how to use it.. No problems

So I throw in Kinect Adventures and we play a game of rally ball. I have roughly a 6x9 space cleared out. Neither of us had a problem playing, thou it was pretty tight. The game had zero lag! Anyways after that, I wanted to try Joy Ride. So after about 3 mins of being showed what to do, loading screens and trying to work our way around the menu, we were off and racing! Joy Ride is a decent game But I would suggest to everyone to try the demo before you buy it. The controls seem a bit unresponsive. Which is really my only major complaint. Maybe I need more time with it, but I do regret getting this game.

My cousin, who prior to actually playing was a non believer of kinect. But after seeing the voice commands and playing it a bit.. He wants one! After he left I played a good bit of Kinect Sports, and then onto Dance Central. Other then small breaks here and there I was up until 2am playing this thing. And even thou I am a tad sore I'm about to go fire it up again here soon.

Kinect Adventures I didn't play enough to give a score
Kinect Sports - 8.5
Joy Ride - 6.5
Dance Central - 9.3

If you wanna know my opinion of each game just ask and I'll type up a short review.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2010, 03:23 PM
RE: My first day of kinect
Heya SpitFireX007,

Cool stuff! Great to know that your setup was so easy! Any DO's and DONT's you figured out while setting it up?

Why JoyRide still a 6.5? Because, by reading your comments I'd say it's closer to a 4 Tongue. It would be interesting to see if that experience improves over time.

What convinced your cousin to want Kinect now? and how's your body after all the Kinecting? Big Grin

Ps, if you're eager to write something about some of the games you got, then please do so on this forum (so we can compare stories etc): https://123kinect.com/kinect-forums/forum-13.html

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2010, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2010 03:38 PM by spitfirex007.)
RE: My first day of kinect
(11-05-2010 03:23 PM)Clemens Wrote:  Heya SpitFireX007,

Cool stuff! Great to know that your setup was so easy! Any DO's and DONT's you figured out while setting it up?

Not really. I just turned it on and the system basically held my hand the whole time. I would suggest having your room setup, make sure you TV is at the volume you normally play at and everything so it gets a good reading of your environment.

Why JoyRide still a 6.5? Because, by reading your comments I'd say it's closer to a 4 Tongue. It would be interesting to see if that experience improves over time.

I gave Joy Ride a 6.5 because there is still some fun to be had. My cousin and I were laughing at some of the photos the game took! The graphics are good. Seems to be plenty of modes! Which I'll try more of today. There is potential. I just don't like the controls at all.

What convinced your cousin to want Kinect now? and how's your body after all the Kinecting? Big Grin

Well he didn't realize what all Kinect could do. Like voice command or facial recognition. And he felt the games would be to "kiddy" but after getting some play time he realized how fun it was. EDIT: I am pretty sore to be honest. And I had to take a few breaks between play sessions. I'm a a pretty fit dude! But some of these games will keep you working your muscles. Dance Central mainly. I was covered in sweat after a couple hours with that

Ps, if you're eager to write something about some of the games you got, then please do so on this forum (so we can compare stories etc): https://123kinect.com/kinect-forums/forum-13.html

I'll head over there and do some write up's once I get some more time with Joy Ride and Kinect Adventures.
Find all posts by this user