everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

My kinect weight loss journey

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
My kinect weight loss journey
06-26-2011, 05:03 PM
RE: My kinect weight loss journey
Its died here but i found this by googling lose weight with kinect. And i have to agree. Im loving dance central. Im male and well i need to lose weight. so diet change and kinect plus cycling i hope to be fit once again. Keep it up everyone. And post your sucess. Smile.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2011, 10:37 PM
less calorie intake and more movement = weight loss lol.

apparantly eating junk food does fill you up and you take in the calories but since they are not what your body needs such as protein, vitamines, carbohydrates etc... that your brain tells you that you still aren't full beacause you didn't get any of the right minerals and vitamines so you end up taking in even more calories without feeling full.
06-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Jersmall- it really is that simple; calories in vs calories out Smile

After getting the email that people have replied I figured I'd come update. Thursday I hit my goal weight of 135 pounds! The majority of my exercise has been using kinect- my most recent kinect game for weight loss choice- EA active 2! I've been using it for a little over a month now and looove it! I think dance central is still my favorite though Smile
06-27-2011, 06:53 AM
Good to hear that the kinect is also working for you too, im also on weight loss program on active 2, have to share that i lost 22 lbs in one month Smile, feeling super great and light hehehe. keep it going all of you!

PattyCakeHeart
06-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Congrats on your 22 pound loss! That's great!
07-23-2011, 06:04 PM
I stumbled across this thread and after reading the post I signed up. You guys are awesome!! Great motivation from everyone. This is exactly what I need. I have to admit, I've had my kinect for some months and it's collected dust. With such an easy to use and fun piece of equipment, there is no reason I should be overweight or out of shape. But I have to say I am truly re-motivated because of you guys. So if you will let me, I'd love to come along for the journey. Got a lot to lose and a long way to go but with support like this, I can do it. Good luck to everyone.
07-24-2011, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2011 10:15 PM by milly_silly.)
(01-12-2011 10:42 PM)CB1MVP Wrote:  
(01-11-2011 12:09 AM)Kendrab2315 Wrote:  Hello and thanks!

I like your shape a lot and have done it every other day (oooooh the pain!), but I loooove dance central. You can play for so long and not even realize it! Then- you try hard to beat your scores (or get 5 stars on easy, med, and hard on all the songs you've already done) and the next thing you know you've been dancing for over and hour and sweating like crazy SmileThe best part is, even if you're horrible at dancing and have no rhythm (me), it's still fun and a good workout. 

I've heard mixed reviews of BL... I kind of want to get it but I think my next game will be zumba and/or sports (so I can play with my son). 

Good luck to your girlfriend! Once she finds something she likes, I'm sure she'll have an easier time sticking to it! My husband has a love/hate relationship with the kinect. He loves that it's motivating me to work out regularly, but hates that I take his game time away to actually do it Smile 

Thanks for the advice. I agree Dance Central is a ton of fun. Especially when you start using break it down, time just flys. Glad you like Your Shape. We'll probably talk about selling or trading in BL for YS at some point. It's just sitting there not being used. I find it to be kind of boring when I tried it to see what it was like. The YS demo seemed like it would be more intriguing to keep up with.

I'd highly recommend sports. Simply fun and also a good workout, especially track and field. I've heard mixed things about Zumba, but that may be fun too.

I just bought the kinect and zumba, I LOVE IT!!! It is so much fun, I am 25 and have 2 boys age 7 and 8 and they play it with me! It makes you sweat... A LOT!!! its fun the workouts are 20 min a piece.
I have played it everyday for a week or so and have lost 7lbs so far... Can't wait to see more weight disappear.
(06-26-2011 10:50 PM)Kendrab2315 Wrote:  Jersmall- it really is that simple; calories in vs calories out Smile

After getting the email that people have replied I figured I'd come update. Thursday I hit my goal weight of 135 pounds! The majority of my exercise has been using kinect- my most recent kinect game for weight loss choice- EA active 2! I've been using it for a little over a month now and looove it! I think dance central is still my favorite though Smile

Way to go!!!
07-25-2011, 01:49 AM
Wow you guys are doing a great job! Keep at it!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2012, 03:24 AM
I would love to join you on this. When I got married back in September I have put on way to much weight and got a 360 with kinect for Christmas from my wife. I got YS with it and need to start using it and STICK WITH IT. I'll diet and exercise for like a week and then stop. I need to loose like 30 pounds really bad. Is it Zumba that you can friend people? Can I just download it on xbox live?
01-10-2012, 07:32 PM
(01-10-2011 02:31 PM)Kendrab2315 Wrote:  I got the kinect the day it came out to use as a weight loss tool for my main source of exercising. After playing with it for a few days, I got lazy! My kids (son who just turned 5 and almost 6 month old daughter) and the holidays just tired me out. 

I decided on 01/04/11 that I was going to start eating better and using my kinect regularly! A little background: two years ago I lost over 50 pounds eating healhy and using my wii fit as my only source of exercise. I got down into the 150's and was soooo proud of myself! I was much smaller than when I got pregnant with my son and loving it!!

After a 1500 mile move, new job, etc I got lazy and gained about 25 pounds back and then got prgnant with my daughter in November 2009. I gained 40 pounds throughout my pregnancy and weighed in at 215 pounds the morning I went in to have my daughter (eeeek!!!). Three weeks after having my daughter I started using my wii and eating healthy again. I lost the 40 pounds pretty quickly and was back to my pre pregnancy weight of 175. This is around the time I traded in my wii so that I could get the kinect, used it a few days, stopped, and gained 8 pounds back weighing in at 183. Ugh!!!!

Since 01/04/11, I have used my kinect regularly and have changed my eating habits for the better. My main exercise consists of Dance central but I also have added in some walking and your shape: fitness evolved. My son loves playig the dance game so it's fun "working it" while playing together Smile

My goal is to get to 135 pounds. I don't ever remember seeing such a small number on the scale, but I am determined. My goal is to get to this weight by my birthday; June 15. Since 01/04/11 I have lost 8 pounds and currently am back to my pre pregnancy weight (175)... Again! Lol

Please feel free to post your success as well!! I'd love the additional motivation to keep going. I use my husbands live account, but feel free to add me: junnyjun. You'll know if it's me or not by the games that are being played lol (him- non kinect games).

01/04/11- 183
01/10/11- 175

I also love to play Dance Central and I recently bougt Dance Central 2... music not as good as the original... but I am basically starting over for the new year.... trying to lose 75lbs by May!!! I have faith. Anyway... I have the Biggest Loser and the work outs are long and boring if you ask me... waste of $60! I have had much more success with the adventure games and Dance Central. I have two teenage boys who like to play with me. So good luck on your journey... and good luck on mine too! :0)
02-28-2012, 11:04 PM
hi i am currently trying to find out what are the best games for the kinect to help loe weight and get toned. I just had my daughter 2 months ago via csection so my main focus is my lower abs. I just started the Self Defense game and i love it the cardio is great but i also want to try different games to switch it up a bit instead of playing the same game overand over again.
02-29-2012, 03:36 AM
(02-28-2012 11:04 PM)dilutedchick711 Wrote:  hi i am currently trying to find out what are the best games for the kinect to help loe weight and get toned. I just had my daughter 2 months ago via csection so my main focus is my lower abs. I just started the Self Defense game and i love it the cardio is great but i also want to try different games to switch it up a bit instead of playing the same game overand over again.

the best games to help you lose weight are the ones that keep you interested in playing them over and over. losing weight requires constant commitment so you need something that keeps you interested so that you are committed.

if you just want lower abs, make sure you get floor exercises or yoga. You have Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012, EA Sports Active 2, and The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout.

There's also the UFC Personal Trainer which I've heard good things about.

But traditional exercise games bore people and they tend to quit from exhaustion/boredom.

Zumba Fitness and Zumba Fitness Rush (the sequel) are hybrid dancing/fitness games. Jillian Michaels’ Fitness Adventure has you exercising in an action adventure game.

So if you go for general fitness, you'll hit your lower abs as well. If you like dancing, do the dancing games. Tons of very active fun dancing games on Kinect. I love Dance Central 1/2. I also love Just Dance 3. I picked up The Black Eyed Peas Experience as well.

Most of the Kinect games are very active so pick what interests you. Very active minigame collections include Kinect Sports 1/2, Kinect Adventures, and Wipeout 1/2. Fighters Uncaged makes you fight and it's a big workout.

Playing with people online might keep you motivated and some of those games include Zumba Fitness 1 and The Biggest Loser.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RK3's Weight Loss Journey Rapidkirby3k 1 1,140 08-15-2012 03:56 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
Rainbow My weight loss journey... GaelicDream 2 1,224 04-18-2012 03:19 AM
Last Post: GaelicDream
  My Weight Loss (Hopefully Supplemented with Kinect) DogsInTheMitten 12 2,704 02-20-2012 05:15 PM
Last Post: DogsInTheMitten
  I've decided to get serious about losing weight. Pink Panther 9 3,003 02-01-2012 05:50 AM
Last Post: maggscot
Smile Weight Loss Journey with Kinect colta 5 2,616 01-28-2012 02:59 AM
Last Post: colta
Lightbulb Losing Weight the Kinect Way m0st W4nt3d 1 1 1,887 01-25-2012 06:10 PM
Last Post: DogsInTheMitten