No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My room. Is it enough for kinect?
07-12-2011, 04:53 PM
My room. Is it enough for kinect?
Hi Community!

I want to buy a Kinect in this week, but I'm afraid of the space issue.
Just recorded my room, please give me your toughts about this space. Is it enough for kinect?

My whole room is 3m * 4m ~ 9,8 ft * 13 ft
The carpet on the video is: 1.65m * 2,3m ~ 5,4ft * 7,5ft

video:

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2011, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 05:37 PM by HazyCloud.)
RE: My room. Is it enough for kinect?
It would probably only work if your entertainment center was against the wall and not in the corner. It seems that from TV to couch is only around 5 feet which is definitely not enough room.

EDIT* I see that there's a window there where your TV should be. Can you switch it up and move it to the opposite side? I think it would work much better if you could use the room long way instead of at an angle.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2011, 05:42 PM
I tried, but my tv shining as hell because of that window in opposite wall. Damn none of my friends has this stuff... :/ I couldnt try it, and I dont want to waste ~150$...
07-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Information RE: My room. Is it enough for kinect?
How far is is from where you're standing in the video to the window at the end? If it's over 6ft then maybe you could put Kinect below the window (although you'd probably need some kind of shield between it and the radiator) and play from where you're standing, but it might be a bit weird watching the game off to the side a bit. Also it looks like you don't have much space either side of you. Alternatively you could wait until the Zoom comes out and it's tested to see if it works properly as that's supposed to allow you to play as close as 4ft for full-body games.
07-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Yea, maybe that below windows solution will work. 6ft in sides is necessary to? I have only 5.5ft approx. And what about two people? Could I forget it absolutelly?
07-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Information RE: My room. Is it enough for kinect?
(07-12-2011 09:25 PM)ZS3NI Wrote:  Yea, maybe that below windows solution will work. 6ft in sides is necessary to? I have only 5.5ft approx. And what about two people? Could I forget it absolutelly?

You don't need 6ft width for 1 player, but it would be too cramped for 2 players I think. (Apart from maybe games where you don't have to move around too much.) The distance from Kinect matters most, you just need about a metre square minimum play-space to stand in. It's best if the front of the square is 6ft away from Kinect but if you don't have the space then the middle of the play-space square should be at least 6ft away and the back at least about 7.65ft.
07-13-2011, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2011 06:46 PM by Jersmall.)
hellz yeah you got enoguh space to play kinect games. The best option is to move the TV infront of the window beacause you need to use the space the carpet is on. You have enough depth space to play kinect 100% sure. I have about the same space you have so i know you can.

Kinect sports:
these sports no problems: Boxing, Track and field and bowling possibly table tennis just watch waht you put on the desk.

For volley ball soccer and possibly table tennis you might lose points in the corners beacuse you cant reach them. Mostly in soccer if someone kicks the ball low corner you will hit your desk.
EDIT: if you take the couch out or move it behind you against the wall you would have almsot perfect space for single player game play at any game on kinect.
Yesterday, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 07:04 AM by ZS3NI.)
Thank you very much everyone. I think I'll give a shot.

edit.:

What you think about 2 players? Should I forget it absolutelly? :/
Yesterday, 02:47 PM
(Yesterday 06:15 AM)ZS3NI Wrote:  Thank you very much everyone. I think I'll give a shot.

edit.:

What you think about 2 players? Should I forget it absolutelly? :/

I personally always play two players on xbox live you would have no problems there.

If you move he couch out of the room and moved the TV/kinect infront of the window to maximise available space then i could see two players being possible for certain sports again.

You shouldn't have problems with Bowling and track and field for sure since its one player at a time(mostly). As for sports like table tennis, volley ball and soccer the only problem again would be hiting eachother/hiting walls or desks/missing balls beacause cant reach corners.

Again i find playing over xbox live more fun anyway so i have no problems there. you could also take turns on xbox live with yuor friend that comes over.

None the less the fact remains you can play kinect games 100000% with that space you have. if anyone else pushes sais no for this poll they dont know what they are talking about OR they assume you didnt want to move anything at all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink Kinect advice PLEASE (Room space) wazza 4 1,142 01-28-2011 01:33 AM
Last Post: wazza
  Kinect Room size setup Clemens 11 2,724 11-19-2010 04:30 AM
Last Post: Terrin