NCAA Football 12
07-12-2011, 02:31 PM
NCAA Football 12
Anyone have this game? Impressions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2011, 05:23 PM
RE: NCAA Football 12
Honestly it's probably the same as last year, except a couple things changed or added. EA has milked the football franchise with sub par games, I used to be the one to go and pre-order them because I'm a football fan, but EA doesn't do anything different anymore so I don't bother. Looking at the website, there isn't anything different from last year:

http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/1/ncaa-f...l-features

On a personal note, I am hoping the NCAA isn't stupid enough to renew their contract with EA and the NFL for that matter, so we can have choices again with football games. 2K did a great job back in the day and they pushed other developers to do better, even Microsoft's NFL Fever was not a bad game...so hopefully those days are just around the corner, EA needs to utilize Kinect into football if they want to keep selling games, otherwise changing a couple animations and changing some numbers on players isn't going to work.

[Image: TheZeeMan]
07-12-2011, 11:31 PM
(07-12-2011 02:31 PM)humblewarfare Wrote:  Anyone have this game? Impressions?

it just came out. give it a couple days.

some of the improvements:

NO MORE SUCTION ON TACKLES. Yeah you read that correctly. Did you hate it when you would do a spin move then get sucked back into a tackle? Or when you would be running through a hole in the line—a clear lane—and then a D-Lineman just warps in front of you and makes the tackle? Well this year there is no more warping on tackles. Tackles only occur on collision. So you won’t see a tackle happen unless actual collision is made between the ball carrier and the defender. Jukes and spins are more valuable than they ever have been and running through holes in the line never felt so good.

MOMENTUM ON TACKLES. We’ve all seen this happen: you’re running down the field with a full head of steam and then when you meet up with a defender WHAM complete momentum stop. It’s like the two of you were never running and collided with each other from only two feet away. Well, this year when you see that same situation you will actually notice the preservation of momentum on the tackle. Who wins the momentum battle depends on various factors including speed, size, and weight of the participants in the tackle. If the defender wins you’ll see the ball carrier being driven back as soon as they collide and that will carry through even as the players hit the ground. The movement doesn’t stop as soon as the players hit the ground; it carries through just like real life.

TACKLE BUTTON. This is a new feature that we have added this year; the old Dive Button has been replaced by the Tackle Button. Now this doesn’t guarantee that you’ll make the tackle but once you hit the button you are driven towards the ball carrier. There is a timing aspect to this because if you hit the button too early your defender will lunge in a last ditch effort to make a tackle. This is incredibly useful because the same way CPU defenders have no suction on tackle attempts, neither do user defenders. So, as you can imagine, it is somewhat harder to be pin-point accurate and run into that moving ball carrier. The same steering is applied to our Hit Stick and Strip ball Tackle attempt so the choice is yours. Personally, I like the play it safe and hit the Tackle Button.

NO MORE SUCTION ON BLOCKS. You know if we removed the suction on tackles we certainly corrected that on blocks, too. I know too many of us have said at least one time, “hey I got sucked into that block.” Please believe me, I feel your pain. Right when you are about to make a tackle, out of nowhere you get sucked into a block. The crazy thing is you actually feel like you are being pulled, I don’t mean the character in the game I mean YOU (well that’s how I felt anyway). Now that’s a thing of the past. If you get by that blocker or he’s not in the appropriate position to make the blocks you won’t get sucked back into him, you’ll continue traveling to your final destination which is undoubtedly the ball carrier.

CATCHING THE LOVE. Yes, we had to give some love to catching, as well. We made a deliberate effort to add some new sprint catches to reduce warping and sliding when the receiver positions himself to catch a pass. Another great addition is the brand new dive catches. If the ball is far out ahead of you then a dive catch may get you there to make the play. The dive catches in NCAA Football 12 are reliable and incredibly useful. And, in case you were wondering, yes, the user can trigger the same dive catches that the CPU players can trigger. In previous years, you would get the same ineffective generic dive catch every time you hit the button, but now you get a dive catch that matches the same way you get a sideline catch or a jump catch that matches. Trust me; if you make use of it when the opportunity arises you won’t be disappointed.

That’s just a few of the gameplay improvements in NCAA Football 12 that I know will enhance your experience. Stay tuned for Part 2 of this blog for more information regarding tackling (add-ons and stealing tackles), as well as new and improved defensive zone logic.

Additional information will be released soon, including announcements about your favorite features like Dynasty and Road to Glory!

[Image: onlysublime.png]
07-13-2011, 06:38 AM
There is a demo out, give it a try.

[Image: Leephor.jpg]
07-13-2011, 06:08 PM
(07-13-2011 06:38 AM)ambushbug Wrote:  There is a demo out, give it a try.

I've played the demo, but I'm sure some tweaks have been made to the code since the demo code was finalized and I was curious how the final pre-patched version turned out.

I have't owned any Madden or NCAA games in several years and was thinking about picking up one of the two this year. For me, I dont think I will play much online so I'm looking for robust Franchise and Dynasty features.
07-13-2011, 06:34 PM
What was the last year you played? I can tell you what changed since then Tongue

07-13-2011, 09:18 PM
(07-13-2011 06:34 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  What was the last year you played? I can tell you what changed since then Tongue
LOL, Madden 06 or something like that. I've played the demos, just never owned the game.
07-13-2011, 09:54 PM
The demos don't really show off anything, they went through a big rehash for 08...models looked more realistic, movements were more realistic, dynamics were involved. They've been using it since and just have been tweaking it, such as adding more catch animations, tackling, etc...they also switched it to run at 60 frames per second, so its much smoother.

Play by play is good, but it gets repetitive, they started to just use ESPN last year. Also last year they added the hometown entrances, such as the bucks coming out of the tunnel, michigan jumping and touching the banner, etc...the dynasty mode is good, as you keep progressing each year you can take a 1 star school to a 5 star by winning bowls...there's also a campus legend mode, where you take a player and turn him into a legend, you can also import this character into madden but I think it has to be the same year...they also finally added refs to the field in the last year, I never seen a football game with no refs on the field Tongue

Other than that, what dirty mentioned is just enhancements to last year...but since you haven't played one in a long time, you'll think its awesome, I loved 08 and have been let down since then...might be worth buying for ya to be honest...