everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / v /

NEW WR!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NEW WR!
11-21-2010, 06:50 PM
NEW WR!
I thought the games would be perfect for some not too hardcore workout. Sure, as long as you play it is quite good workout, but you spend most of the time watching replays of that world record you made for every thing you try every time you try it.
My personal best is often more than twice the world record in every game in kinect sports. How can the world record of javelin throw be 60 meter when it says my personal best is 116 meters, am I not part of the world? Does my kinect want me to feel blue and alone?
A little hint for you guys that want to throw real far on the javelin or discus, the hard part is not to swing your arm fast enough or get the perfect timing. The hard part is to get that perfect speed on your moment, not too slow, as your throw obviously wont go very far, but not too fast, as the kinect wont be able to record your throw and you will end up with a foul throw.
And please give us a patch with correct distance in meters, even when I'm standing 3-4 meters away from the kinect, it asks me to move back and that 2.5 meters are optimal ... If they would say that I needed to be 5 meters behind the kinect from the start, I would have get the carpenter to remove a wall BEFORE I rearranged my whole living room for the kinect.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2010, 09:47 PM
RE: NEW WR!
lol, great way of being dedicated to making Kinect work.

I do see your point however, there are some quirks in Kinect Sports, and the menu system takes too much time to load. But this still makes it a great (launch) title: the best Kinect game IMO. I'm having loads of fun with it, and it is much more engaging than Wii Sports in my view.

On the detection part: try callibrating your Kinect in different lighting conditions: this will increase reliability of the sensor's detection a whole lot.

Have you seen our Kinect Sports Leaderboards? It seems to me you would be interested in a little competition, hehe.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-22-2010, 08:37 AM
I just cant get it right in javelin, when I dont foul throw i only throw about 12 - 15 metres but every other event on track & field Im fine with..

[Image: Leafs1201.png]

ASTON VILLA F.C

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

ENGLAND
11-22-2010, 06:15 PM
100.70 is my best on javelin.

[Image: UndgnfiedWrshpr.png]
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
11-22-2010, 09:38 PM
(11-22-2010 06:15 PM)UndgnfiedWrshpr Wrote:  100.70 is my best on javelin.

show off!!!!!!!!!!

Dont nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream
11-23-2010, 04:22 AM
yeah I'm having a great time with Kinect Sports also. A very good game that nails the tech with responsive controls and fun gameplay. Job well done RARE

Regards,

Berva
11-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Im slowly liking the football in it now, at first when my 12 year old daughter beat me I was like, this sucks I'll put Fifa 11 in if I want to play football but now after going against the computer a few times I'm now ready to show my daughter who's the daddy (literally....

[Image: Leafs1201.png]

ASTON VILLA F.C

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

ENGLAND
11-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Football is my favorite sport in Kinect Sports by now. On 'Professional' or 'Champion' it's really, really fun and a good workout. Wink