We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

NEWS Crytek Ryse director leaves company WTF is this a new duke nukem forever

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-24-2011, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2011 08:07 AM by userwords.)
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/19/crytek...ck-sea-ar/

Ryse was being done by budapest team of crytek, until they decided to fire the team working on the game Angryand take the game to the core company to make it from the ground.

Ppl said that crytek decided after testing the first demos that the game was probably below the espectations.Dodgy

Now after a supposedly big amount of development on crytek, ryse director leaves the company, and they say it is the third leaving the company.Exclamation

With not a single video, or screenshot after the initial trailer which was budapest team based and no longer has anything to do with the actual ryse, and unless crytek say something about the current and actual development of the game, it is hard to think that the game will roll out at some point, if it actually does at any.AngryAngryAngry

Ryse is by far the most promising game for kinect. But it is taking far more than acceptable to launch, and it is finding lot of troubles.

Please rant as much as you can, apparently is what can be done at this time, maybe we can also pressure crytek to at least show something about the game and to compromise to launch it at some point.

UPDATE: post on crytek dev forums, dont know if they will delete it as im not sure you can post this on that forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2011, 12:24 AM
RE: NEWS Crytek Ryse director leaves company WTF is this a new duke nukem forever
this was acutally the game i was looking forward to most.

if i was going to make a game it would be first person fighting games.

on a side note I dont see why LORD OF THE RINGS doesn't come into kinect technology.

imagine putting the players among the charging orc hords having to defend the castle. this could be co-op for both the enemy and good guys.
11-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Information RE: NEWS Crytek Ryse director leaves company WTF is this a new duke nukem forever
This is probably the reason for the delay but I don't think it's too much to worry about. Microsoft knows this is a highly anticipated big game so they're not going to cancel it. They've just recently advertised for a new producer for it:

http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobseekerx/vie...ountno=266
11-27-2011, 03:16 PM
RE: NEWS Crytek Ryse director leaves company WTF is this a new duke nukem forever
Start from scratch ffs

And now i understand the issue, they look for ppl with experience, no chance for talented ppl to join, thats big mistake from resources perspective, pretty shameful for a company like that. There are very few developers, most of them have no reason to work on titles that are not of their own, so if you go eve far and put more requirements you end with a vacancy that will eventually be filled by some guy hiding something. Like tha last one who was just seeking whoknows.
11-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Question RE: NEWS Crytek Ryse director leaves company WTF is this a new duke nukem forever
(11-27-2011 03:16 PM)userwords Wrote:  Start from scratch ffs

And now i understand the issue, they look for ppl with experience, no chance for talented ppl to join, thats big mistake from resources perspective, pretty shameful for a company like that. There are very few developers, most of them have no reason to work on titles that are not of their own, so if you go eve far and put more requirements you end with a vacancy that will eventually be filled by some guy hiding something. Like tha last one who was just seeking whoknows.

Where does it say they're starting from scratch? HuhAnd of course they're going to look for a producer with experience, you can't even become a producer without experience unless you're part of a group of friends who have just started a company and you took the role of producer, lol!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Did Crytek Ryse went vaporware, could 123kinect guys get some update userwords 1 400 11-07-2011 07:37 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue