everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

New Trailers - Rise of Nightmares

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-22-2011, 05:45 PM
The new Rise of Nightmares trailer has just been posted on Youtube and I have to admit it looks pretty scary. Or maybe just deranged...

This is my second Rise post and with every new bit of information it makes me want it even more. The Kinect is getting so much hate at the moment by fan-boys and and others who think its just running around, dancing and stroking animals. Hopefully this game will change there minds and change the way people think of Kinect itself.

[Image: Tomfaace.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2011, 12:47 AM
Information RE: New Trailers - Rise of Nightmares
That trailer was posted in the news the other day, check out who the YouTube video was uploaded by, lol! I can't wait for Rise Of Nightmares and my excitement has only increased now that I know it's being made by the actual House Of The Dead series team!!! (Sega WOW, used to be called AM1.) I they should also either release House Of The Dead 4 on XBLA (with Kinect compatibility of course) or release the whole House Of The Dead collection (including House Of The Dead: Overkill) on full price disc. Big Grin
06-23-2011, 05:10 PM
RE: New Trailers - Rise of Nightmares
(06-23-2011 12:47 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  That trailer was posted in the news the other day, check out who the YouTube video was uploaded by, lol!

I actually didn't notice! Tongue

[Image: Tomfaace.jpg]
06-28-2011, 02:27 AM
(06-23-2011 12:47 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  I they should also either release House Of The Dead 4 on XBLA (with Kinect compatibility of course) or release the whole House Of The Dead collection (including House Of The Dead: Overkill) on full price disc. Big Grin

With the incredible controls shown by Child of Eden, companies should start porting over all the classic light gun games for Kinect. especially since light guns only work with CRT. IR guns are a little finicky to set up and there are so few games that support them.

I'd love to see House of the Dead, but also games like the Virtua Cop series, Area 51, lethal enforcers, operation wolf, silent scope, space gun, terminator 2, and the time crisis series.

I'd love the Nintendo games but that'd be an impossibility (Duck Hunt!!!!).

They put light gun game support into MAME so I thought I'd use my old Xbox1 with emulators to play light gun games but the problem is I don't have any CRTs left and all the IR guns are so expensive.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
06-28-2011, 04:15 AM
Thumbs Up RE: New Trailers - Rise of Nightmares
(06-28-2011 02:27 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  
(06-23-2011 12:47 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  I they should also either release House Of The Dead 4 on XBLA (with Kinect compatibility of course) or release the whole House Of The Dead collection (including House Of The Dead: Overkill) on full price disc. Big Grin

With the incredible controls shown by Child of Eden, companies should start porting over all the classic light gun games for Kinect. especially since light guns only work with CRT. IR guns are a little finicky to set up and there are so few games that support them.

I'd love to see House of the Dead, but also games like the Virtua Cop series, Area 51, lethal enforcers, operation wolf, silent scope, space gun, terminator 2, and the time crisis series.

I'd love the Nintendo games but that'd be an impossibility (Duck Hunt!!!!).

They put light gun game support into MAME so I thought I'd use my old Xbox1 with emulators to play light gun games but the problem is I don't have any CRTs left and all the IR guns are so expensive.

Yeah, I'd love collections of all the old lightgun games as well as some new lightgun games! Big Grin (I can't wait for Blackwater, I hope it's good!) I think they should include an option where you could turn off the crosshair and scan in a toy gun so that you have to aim just using an actual physical gun rather than an on-screen marker so that the games are more realistic and challenging like the old lightgun games were. Also, although Duck Hunt would be an impossibility a similar game called Safari Hunt wouldn't as it was made by Sega for the Sega Master System:

06-28-2011, 04:38 AM
sega wouldn't be impossible. they're multiplatform now.

i'm not into buying single-use peripherals anymore (no more light guns, toy guitars, etc.)

let me use my hands, my 360 controller, or real devices (like my real life guitar for the upcoming Rocksmith).

06-28-2011, 06:26 AM
(06-28-2011 04:38 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  sega wouldn't be impossible. they're multiplatform now.

i'm not into buying single-use peripherals anymore (no more light guns, toy guitars, etc.)

let me use my hands, my 360 controller, or real devices (like my real life guitar for the upcoming Rocksmith).

Huh? That's what I was saying, instead of Duck Hunt we could get Safari Hunt as Sega are multiplatform like you said. And they could either just release the original on XBLA VERY cheaply (400 points or less, 200 points is probably best) or remake it with 3D graphics and more gameplay.

It's funny you mention instrument controllers like Guitar Hero/Rock Band's guitars because I bet a lot of the Kinect haters have them! I've never actually played them as I was never really interested in them so I'm not exactly an expert on what the controllers can do but I'm pretty sure you can't use them to play FPS games. WinkTongue (Well, technically a guitar controller compatible FPS probably could be made because the neck buttons could be used as directional buttons but it would be pretty stupid and awkward to use, lol!)
06-28-2011, 11:00 AM
there was a shooter where you could use the guitar controller: Rock of the Dead (a la House of the Dead)

06-28-2011, 11:49 AM
LMAO! Big Grin That reminds me of Typing Of The Dead. (Yes, that's exactly what you think it is. Probably.)
06-28-2011, 06:10 PM
I finished Typing of the Dead! It was an awesome game but too easy (I actually took a real typing class in grade school).

06-28-2011, 07:30 PM
I love the old Light Gun games....I purchased an old CRT just so i could play my 3do light gun games...like Space Pirates, Mad Dog McCree, and Crime Patrol...A lot of you might not remember the Old 3do, but they produced some good light gun games back in 1994...I would love to see those ported over... and eliminate the gun all together and just use your hands.. it was also real motion video too with bad acting...but fun to play.
06-28-2011, 07:58 PM
(06-28-2011 07:30 PM)Ace12me Wrote:  I love the old Light Gun games....I purchased an old CRT just so i could play my 3do light gun games...like Space Pirates, Mad Dog McCree, and Crime Patrol...A lot of you might not remember the Old 3do, but they produced some good light gun games back in 1994...I would love to see those ported over... and eliminate the gun all together and just use your hands.. it was also real motion video too with bad acting...but fun to play.

please tell me you didn't pay $700 for that 3DO... Tongue puts the $600 PS3 to shame...

i remember the era of full motion video. luckily that quickly went away.

06-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Haha, no not seven hundred, but four hundred back in 1994...I bought most of my games later on through ebay for cheap...pretty expensive....but I did have a lot of fun with it...but I still use it every once in while for the two player light gun games.....but that is about it.
06-29-2011, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2011 09:25 AM by Corellianrogue.)
(06-28-2011 07:58 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  
(06-28-2011 07:30 PM)Ace12me Wrote:  I love the old Light Gun games....I purchased an old CRT just so i could play my 3do light gun games...like Space Pirates, Mad Dog McCree, and Crime Patrol...A lot of you might not remember the Old 3do, but they produced some good light gun games back in 1994...I would love to see those ported over... and eliminate the gun all together and just use your hands.. it was also real motion video too with bad acting...but fun to play.

please tell me you didn't pay $700 for that 3DO... Tongue puts the $600 PS3 to shame...

i remember the era of full motion video. luckily that quickly went away.

I had a Mega CD (AKA Sega CD for the Americans) and I loved FMV games! I've got quite a few including Night Trap and Double Switch. (It's a bit weird that the main stars of each of those games, Dana Plato in Night Trap and Corey Haim in Double Switch, have died. Undecided) I wish they could have a comeback as I think there could be some cool possibilties combining Kinect with an FMV game, especially since graphics are now good enough to include 3D (as in polygon) graphics overlayed seemlessly so that in a game like Sewer Shark for example the enemies could have AI since they would be realtime 3D models rather than just FMV.

It could be even better with the next-gen Xbox though since I'm sure it'll use Blu-Ray so movie companies could make their movies interactive for their home release but obviously include the regular version of the movie on the disc too for those who don't have a next-gen Xbox. Actually, they've already done it with some films like Final Destination 3 and Return To The House On Haunted Hill which play on any DVD (for Final Destination 3) or Blu-Ray player (Return To The House On Haunted Hill, which I actually bought on HD DVD as the interactive version was released for that too Big Grin), but those movies just have a few "Choose Your Own Adventure" type of scenes whereas my idea would be to add to those with more interactive scenes. Like imagine a Star Wars type of movie where there's a space battle and the movie switched to interactive mode where you have to fight console-generated spaceships? And interactive scenes can effect what happens in the rest of movie (like in Final Destination 3 and Return To The House On Haunted Hill which included different endings depending on what you did during the movie), plus maybe you could even speak (voice recognition) to some characters. I know that just sounds like Mass Effect but it wouldn't be too in-depth so it would be fairly cheap to make so that the price would be the same or just slightly more expensive than any other movie. Some Blu-Rays, especially ones aimed at children, already have little games in the extras anway which must cost a bit to make so my idea could just replace them.

Having said all that, although I think the second interactive movie idea would work, since it would be just a bonus extra, people would probably want more out of a full-price game for my first idea since back in the FMV days most other games weren't anywhere near as big as games are now so people weren't too bothered if an FMV game was only an hour or 2 long. For example some people complain about Child Of Eden's length despite having far more gameplay, including non-stop action for a start, than probably any FMV game has had.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Act 3 Rise of Nightmares XTina71 7 373 01-08-2012 12:21 AM
Last Post: XTina71
  Rise Of Nightmares Help johnnysac5 12 3,128 11-29-2011 09:47 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Help with Rise of Nightmares!! Macca84 3 2,187 10-18-2011 07:23 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Rise Of Nightmares - First Look Tomface 30 4,761 09-09-2011 06:49 AM
Last Post: TheZeeMan