We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

New to Kinect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to Kinect
12-19-2011, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2011 12:45 AM by abankhead.)
Photo New to Kinect
Hi, my name is Angela. I’m a current MFA Design and Technology student at Parsons The New School for Design. This fall, I had the opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and take a gaming course, called Embodied Play. In this course we utilized the programming language, Processing where we imported multiple libraries to create projects with Xbox Kinect. After learning the capabilities of how the Kinect could work with motion tracking, I found this to be very cool and interesting. During the semester, we have worked with motion tracking with the skeleton to track the human body. I knew little bit about this area and it was very interesting to explore this new way in how one could create and interact with the body by this device.

So for my midterm, I started modify the example we did during week 5. In this example we were tracking our body by the depth between the body and Kinect. I had some interesting things going on with my code while in class. I was able to manipulate different functions to create a sort of calligraphy style paint on the screen. A lot my cool interaction, got ruined when I had to reset my processing due to complications with my computer. For some reason my video driver gave me issues when it came to working with the Kinect. Yet I decide although I had issues, I would just start from the example and play around with it and create something new. I started by changing the color, the depth and values to see what I could come up with. So I just shot some video of the interesting things I was able to create. The ratio of how the colors changed and stuff, is lagged due to the video driver so I had to play around and manipulate it so people looking at my work could see the changes. Take a look enjoy!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply