everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Next Xbox concept

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Next Xbox concept
11-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Next Xbox concept
A guy did a concept of the next xbox. It has some good ideas...but not sure about the GPS feature.

"The first 100% digital console! Scan your game card in KinectIN and play in the Cloud! Controller with screen and camera, facial recognition, you can talk with your xbox and it will be answer you,dpconnect allow to connect to your tv without wires, direct load allows player to access to their game without loading times..and more.."

"The console has an 8-core processor for super-speed performance up to 20 times faster than previous Xbox models. It supports 3D, 4K2K, multiTV (DPConnect), live TV and webcam, as well as GPS that allows users to view the location of any other user on an active map."

Click on the image to zoom
[Image: 326048_wqlegOzUoFzz7I0kD19g_6tiH.jpg]

Click on the image to zoom
[Image: 326048_9OhZn_P4ekXoByeSavU3obiut.jpg]

[Image: legreffer.jpg]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2011, 03:54 PM
RE: Next Xbox concept
its aight but his concept is basically just adding better hardware to it.

the controller looks like a turd, they better not change the controllers feel.

the kinect is fatter and uglier anndd the xbox looks bulkier. you would think making tech smaller would be the goal.
11-29-2011, 04:29 PM
It would probably be smaller due to the rumor of 2 versions coming out, a set-top version will have to be smaller, so I don't see it being that large. The controller though, I remember hearing something about adding like a VMU thing/screen to the controllers like the dreamcast did...so he may not be off on there.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
11-29-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm not liking any of those designs. Luckily, Microsoft has better taste than this guy. My friend has an external hard drive that looks a lot like this (curved black body with the front end bigger). That controller is a disaster. Combines the worst of the PS3 boomerang and the Dreamcast design.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
11-29-2011, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2011 10:15 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Next Xbox concept
I seriously doubt Microsoft would embed Kinect (2?) in the console itself or it would restrict where you could put it. I think it will just be a sensor bar like the current Kinect and will be bundled in the box with all next-gen Xboxes. As I posted in the Kinect 2 news article I think that at least the IR projector & sensor, but possibly the RGB cam too, will be 1920x1080 and the frame-rate will be at least 60fps, possibly 120fps. I also think there could be 2 lenses for at least the IR sensor, aligned vertically and positioned so that when the inputs from both are combined Kinect 2 "sees" twice the vertical viewing angle as the current Kinect so therefore allows you stand much closer when playing games that use full body control. Also the joypads are bound to include motion control. Personally I think the controllers should break apart into 2 one-handed controllers, a bit like the Razer Hydra motion controllers for the PC. (They don't break apart but they're 2 one-handed controllers.)

[Image: ces-2011-razer-hydra-03_530x350.jpg]
11-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Hmm that would actually make sense Core...then you could use the controllers for the finesse needed in certain games that require wrist detection. Brilliant you are! lol

[Image: thezeeman.png]
12-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Lightbulb RE: Next Xbox concept
I made this pic of what the the Kinect 2 might look like if it has 2 lenses (the top one pointing 21.5 degrees up and the bottom one pointing 21.5 degrees down, both with a vertical viewing angle of 43 degrees giving an overall viewing angle of 86 degrees) so that you could stand much closer:

[Image: 2vt3zux.jpg]
12-13-2011, 08:26 PM
that looks funny lol.

however if they where able to sinc two kinects images, might as well set up 2-3 around you to be in a 3d enviorment.

now that would make a sweet sports games.
02-27-2012, 06:52 AM
(02-27-2012 06:45 AM)Gyyuan Wrote:  Wow.it is cool.

those are only ideas as far as i know lol.

thus the concept part.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Xbox 360 console and Kinect for $100 with contract! dirtyvu 0 14 Today 07:15 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  Xbox 360 4GB Celebration Pack May 25 dirtyvu 0 66 04-29-2012 05:11 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  New xbox live APP Jersmall 0 575 12-11-2011 10:49 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
Exclamation New Xbox 360 Dashboard Beta Testing In October! Corellianrogue 0 1,582 09-10-2011 03:00 AM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
Exclamation Xbox 360 & Kinect Games At Comic Con Next Week! Corellianrogue 9 3,103 08-02-2011 03:23 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  xbox.com forum ??? Jersmall 3 2,582 06-13-2011 05:26 PM
Last Post: Jersmall