everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Not a Game but...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not a Game but...
06-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Not a Game but...
I think that Microsoft have an amazing concept with Kinect, I have had one for three days now and I love it... BUT... my only concern is that we will end up being stuck with silly games all centered around using the avatar and basically the same thing over and over just displayed differently..

If that happened I would be sincerely p****d and what I think we should do is create some kind of top ten apps/games list from the ideas on the boards and use that list to work out what to do next with each one with a view to having at least ten games/apps that are fully developed and thought through and presented to not only Microsoft but game developers themselves and perhaps shown via facebook campaigns etc to build momentum and interest... I would hate to see Kinect become a child's toy when there is so much potential for it...

So basically that long winded rant is me saying lets get a top ten apps/games list together that we all work upon and present to Microsoft/developers.

Ps: As this is my first post I would like to say hi to everyone Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Thumbs Up RE: Not a Game but...
That's a good idea! Check out the E3 stuff though, there are loads more core games coming now, even if a few of them aren't totally Kinect controlled but rather include Kinect features.
06-09-2011, 03:22 PM
RE: Not a Game but...
Welcome here Tim Knight Smile

That's is a great idea, are you gonna start that list?

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
06-09-2011, 06:07 PM
I like the idea as well. Who's gonna deliver the ideas to Microsoft?

I don't get it....how could someone possibly say Dance Revolution or Dance Party 2 is better then Dance Central? That's like saying, canned chicken is better then roasted chicken. Have they even played Dance Central?
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
06-09-2011, 08:45 PM
(06-09-2011 06:07 PM)UndgnfiedWrshpr Wrote:  I like the idea as well. Who's gonna deliver the ideas to Microsoft?

Well I can certainly deliver them to Microsoft, that's not an issue, I have a connection and also I am a pretty bullheaded kinda guy, if I want something to get somewhere it generally does...

As for a list, I don't know if I am the right person, there are others out there that I think will know this forum better then me, but I would be happy to help guide everything and ensure it gets the information needed to get Microsoft etc interested.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1:1 Online Fighting Game 360 15 1,564 06-09-2011 02:52 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  My game Idea nunubx 7 502 05-18-2011 10:34 AM
Last Post: jason_2_12
  Kinect Virtual World And Game Cover! TheLiveLegand 6 1,181 04-24-2011 04:54 PM
Last Post: dp247
Wink Wipeout: The Game for kinect ... awesome!! jcxbox 7 1,231 03-23-2011 10:42 PM
Last Post: UndgnfiedWrshpr
  Table Top game board for kinect greegan_oxb 3 935 01-19-2011 07:24 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  3d Game Character Movements Orion_Destiny 0 685 01-17-2011 12:00 AM
Last Post: Orion_Destiny