Xbox Kinect

/ / v /

Post a pic of your new kinect or your setup

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Post a pic of your new kinect or your setup
12-13-2010, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2010 11:32 PM by HazyCloud.)
RE: Post a pic of your new kinect or your setup
(12-13-2010 06:31 AM)UndgnfiedWrshpr Wrote:  If someone wants to tell me how to make it larger, I'm all ears.

I get spammed with enlargement ads all the time. I'll forward the next one to you. Smile

In all seriousness, your setup looks nice. I like it.

(11-26-2010 11:41 AM)Chaos744 Wrote:  - did you purchase some extension wiring?

Happy Gaming!

I'd guess they just got a long HDMI cable as the power supply is right behind the 360.

[Image: HazyCloud.png]
http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2010, 05:12 AM
(12-13-2010 06:31 AM)UndgnfiedWrshpr Wrote:  Here is the pic I promised a month ago. Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to make it bigger. You can just click on it to open the file. If someone wants to tell me how to make it larger, I'm all ears.

I had the same problem...you have to post it on an image site and paste the url of the picture with the image button when you edit the post (i use imageshack, it's free)

Canada GMT-5
Find all posts by this user
12-15-2010, 02:08 AM
another great site to use is tinypic.com. that's what i use and it's also free
12-20-2010, 09:53 PM
First we had it placed in the living room, but we had to push the heavy sofa and table all the way back to the wall. Then we bought a new 40" TV to go into our playroom and a swiveling TV munt just to accomodate Kinect nicely. It was worth it.
01-01-2011, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2011 02:21 AM by megatron8121.)
[Image: setup2.png]

Need a bigger tv, TV stand was on sale so had to get it, Have to sit the kinect up top like that to get the best results. It doesn't look pretty but gets the job done.
01-01-2011, 06:04 AM
Information RE: Post a pic of your new kinect or your setup
(01-01-2011 02:20 AM)megatron8121 Wrote:  [Image: setup2.png]

Need a bigger tv, TV stand was on sale so had to get it, Have to sit the kinect up top like that to get the best results. It doesn't look pretty but gets the job done.

The Kinect needs to be lined up with the middle of the TV. It won't work properly if it's off to the left like that.
01-01-2011, 06:08 AM
(01-01-2011 06:04 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  
(01-01-2011 02:20 AM)megatron8121 Wrote:  [Image: setup2.png]

The Kinect needs to be lined up with the middle of the TV. It won't work properly if it's off to the left like that.

I know the instructions say it needs to be lined up with the center of the tv, but as long as you are centered with the kinect there is no way it can know that it's not centered with the tv, at least not from a visual point.
01-01-2011, 02:20 PM
my bed is kinda in the way thats why it's not centered. With it over a little bit I don't run into my bed when I go right
01-02-2011, 02:01 AM
Question RE: Post a pic of your new kinect or your setup
But isn't it weird when you play things like bowling where you're supposed to try to aim at the centre of the TV? Huh
01-02-2011, 04:09 AM
Brand new to the forum. Just got my first Xbox 360, came from a Wii. Long time gamer back from the Atari/Colecovision days. Here is a picture of my setup. 52" Sony Bravia edge lit LED, the camera is sitting on a PS3 move camera mount with 2 velcro strips. Clean look, not that gangly thing PDP sells for the Kinect.

01-02-2011, 04:15 AM
(01-02-2011 02:01 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  But isn't it weird when you play things like bowling where you're supposed to try to aim at the centre of the TV? Huh

For me it centers me with the Kinect, when it's just one person its kinda weird not standing center with the tv, but its only like a few inches off so it's not annoying at all. It's the best setup I've found so far, until I move into a house with more room.
01-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Here's my set up

Not much.

Is there something wrong with your image for your setup Buzz? It not letting me view it.

But all setup on here are so Cool!!!!
01-28-2011, 01:44 AM
Awesome set ups guys!
01-30-2011, 01:34 PM
@megatron - I was eyeing that TV stand for a long while and I was wondering how long did it take to put together? And does it hold like 32 inch tv?

But great setup!!!
01-31-2011, 10:33 PM

Hi, I have a living room set up, its on a shelf I got from B&Q above my 42" plasma tv. It works great, I have 11 feet square in front of the tv when I push my sofa to the back of the room, its excellent, the voice recognition is superb, can even control last fm from my hallway, fantastic.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!