everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-26-2011, 04:38 AM
gamespot has yet another great video interview. this one is about the Sesame Street game. any game with cookie monster is a game I want to play. Big Grin

http://www.gamespot.com/events/msshowcas...Bstory%3B1

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2011, 02:06 PM
RE: Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster
(02-26-2011 04:38 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  gamespot has yet another great video interview. this one is about the Sesame Street game. any game with cookie monster is a game I want to play. Big Grin

http://www.gamespot.com/events/msshowcas...Bstory%3B1

LOL, yes it's awesome!

I'll be sure to do a round-up on this game as well, later today. Thanks for sharing the interview, real interesting!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2011, 11:56 PM

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
07-29-2011, 04:31 AM
(07-29-2011 02:29 AM)MJsusan Wrote:  sorry, the link is not working, and I can not see anything

hmm.. all the links are working as far as I can tell. Maybe you can click on the video and watch it at Youtube?

09-27-2011, 11:34 PM

the demo is out as well. go and download it:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Produc...ajornelson

for Xbox Live Gold members now. for XBL Free members, you'll have to wait a bit...

09-28-2011, 03:42 AM
I played the demo, I have to say, I think this game is going to do better than Kinectimals being that the controls work well and Sesame street is well known. I was half assing the little dance game to see how forgiving it was, and it seemed very good. I'll be doing a full review on it with my 7 yr old tester Tongue

[Image: thezeeman.png]
10-12-2011, 02:29 AM

11-17-2011, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2011 02:30 AM by dirtyvu.)
this person made video walkthroughs so if you wanted real info on the game (which is actually really hard to get), check it out:

part 17 appears to be missing

11-22-2011, 08:22 PM
new DLC for the game!

11-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Question RE: Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster
Just curious, how good is this for adults compared to Kinect Disneyland Adventures? I've seen a lot of stuff in Kinect Disneyland Adventures that looked fun for all ages and that I'm interested in playing whereas what I've seen of Sesame Street looks very "kiddy" and simple gameplay-wise (as in pre-school, not just games that would appeal to children in general) so it put me off. (Even though I liked the overall look of it artistically, it seems to capture Jim Henson's style really well.) I don't want to watch the playthrough as I don't want to spoil it if I did eventually get it. So now that both games are out can anybody who has both games let me know how the actual gameplay of both games compares?
11-22-2011, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2011 09:05 PM by TheZeeMan.)
Umm sesame street is more challenging LOL believe it or not. Disneyland is straight up kiddie control wise, the simplicity is what they went for.

In my review of sesame street, I mentioned the basketball game. You actually have to figure out how hard to throw it otherwise it falls short or goes to far. The disney snowball game (only thing I can really compare unless there is some basketball type game in it) you just throw and kind of aim, it doesn't matter how hard you do it.

Hmm that kind of screws up my review though now...I rated Sesame Street with a 7 because I couldn't tell what age group it was for, but seeing disney now, sesame street is meant for either kids or a kid and adult or heck even adults LOL and I was going to give disney a 9...but being its strictly for kids with not really taking adults in consideration, does it deserve a better grade than sesame street? HMMMM LOL

11-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Thumbs Up RE: Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster
(11-22-2011 09:02 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Umm sesame street is more challenging LOL believe it or not. Disneyland is straight up kiddie control wise, the simplicity is what they went for.

In my review of sesame street, I mentioned the basketball game. You actually have to figure out how hard to throw it otherwise it falls short or goes to far. The disney snowball game (only thing I can really compare unless there is some basketball type game in it) you just throw and kind of aim, it doesn't matter how hard you do it.

Hmm that kind of screws up my review though now...I rated Sesame Street with a 7 because I couldn't tell what age group it was for, but seeing disney now, sesame street is meant for either kids or a kid and adult or heck even adults LOL and I was going to give disney a 9...but being its strictly for kids with not really taking adults in consideration, does it deserve a better grade than sesame street? HMMMM LOL

Thanks. Smile I'll definitely play the demo once I can start playing again then and maybe I'll at least rent it. What put me off was seeing a lot of 1 screen almost 2D games like the one where you have to fly up a tree collecting stuff as you go, like the space bubbles level in Kinect Adventures. (Forgot what that level was called.) OK, technically that's not 1 screen as it scrolls up but you know what I mean. Disney just looks far more dynamic even if a lot of the controls are quite simplified. For example similar flying levels are in 3D like Peter Pan and Space Mountain, that instantly makes it a much more dynamic type of level.
11-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Ah I see what you are saying...ok then yes, the visuals in Disney are better, however the controls are more intuitive in Sesame...I'd say the oddball games in Disney like snowballs, buzz's shooting, etc are maybe a little more fun/enjoyable because of the atmosphere if that makes sense?

11-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Information RE: Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster
(11-22-2011 09:25 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Ah I see what you are saying...ok then yes, the visuals in Disney are better, however the controls are more intuitive in Sesame...I'd say the oddball games in Disney like snowballs, buzz's shooting, etc are maybe a little more fun/enjoyable because of the atmosphere if that makes sense?

I didn't mean the visuals, I meant the dynamics of the games. Like in that flying up the tree game I mentioned in Sesame Street it's on a flat plane and you're just scrolling up moving left and right. Whereas the flying games in Kinect Disneyland Adventure you're moving into the screen in 3D and you move around the screen and because it's 3D it's more dynamic because you have to collect things and dodge things coming at you more dynamically because of the view. I've seen a Sesame Street level that is 3D into the screen but you were just running along the ground. (Although you could jump too from what I remember.) But I'm only basing that on the ones I've seen. Obviously you've played both so you know how dynamic both games are overall.
11-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Sorry I think of dynamic as stuff being created on the fly Tongue The levels are 3D in disney and more immersive where it sucks you in so to speak, whereas most are 2D in sesame and basically plain and boring except the one you mention, but its pretty much the same control wise.