We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

The Biggest Loser Problem *I Need Help Please*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-22-2010, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2010 10:21 PM by biggieblythe.)
I just bought the Biggest Loser game, and haven't been able to play it yet. Once I start it up it says "Identifying players. Please wait..." and then says I need to fix a problem by going to the tuner.

Well I have done everything on the tuner menus and everything checks out. I also started a face recognition thing since I thought that might be the problem, but it wasn't it either.

I've tried placing lights in different angles, moving the kinect and tv to face different directions, and I even changed outfits 2-3 times. I have no idea why this is the only game that will not let me play.

PLEASE HELP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2010, 10:25 PM
RE: The Biggest Loser Problem *I Need Help Please*
Did you do Kinect ID a couple of times? That game heavily relies on facial recognition...

[Image: thezeeman.png]
12-22-2010, 10:28 PM
(12-22-2010 10:25 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Did you do Kinect ID a couple of times? That game heavily relies on facial recognition...

I've done it twice, but I'll go and do it a couple more to see if that works. I'll edit this post to let you know if it works or not.
12-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Ok if not, the only other thing I can think of, although it may not make a difference, is to do the fine calibration with the smiley face card...it usually fixes the auto-zooming issues in some of the games.

12-22-2010, 10:47 PM
(12-22-2010 10:38 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Ok if not, the only other thing I can think of, although it may not make a difference, is to do the fine calibration with the smiley face card...it usually fixes the auto-zooming issues in some of the games.

Ok I just did the Kinect ID thing another 2 times using different lighting for each and after each time I re-tried to play the game and still nothing.

Also I have done the smiley card thing 3 times already. This is beginning to become really frustrating, I haven't had any trouble with my other 4 kinect games.
12-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Hmmmmmmmm did you apply the update when you first started the game up?

12-22-2010, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2010 11:07 PM by biggieblythe.)
(12-22-2010 10:53 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Hmmmmmmmm did you apply the update when you first started the game up?

I don't really remember one ever showing up. I'm going to delete everything that is related to it off my hard drive and re load the game. Let's see if that works.
I went into my memory and couldn't find anything related to the biggest loser. Is there any way I can download the update from my pc? I can't remember if I downloaded one or not.
12-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Unfortunately you can't download it onto your PC - it should prompt you automatically when the game starts up, unless it's possible it won't if you are not connected to the internet. If I recall, it was an 8 meg patch which probably fixes all of the issues however, I went through a ton of Kinect games and I may have it mixed up with another one...

12-22-2010, 11:18 PM
(12-22-2010 11:12 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Unfortunately you can't download it onto your PC - it should prompt you automatically when the game starts up, unless it's possible it won't if you are not connected to the internet. If I recall, it was an 8 meg patch which probably fixes all of the issues however, I went through a ton of Kinect games and I may have it mixed up with another one...

I'm pretty sure you have to install the update to even get the game to load. So I must have downloaded it. A few days ago I did the Shape game from the demo list on the Adventures menu, and it gave me no recognition issues or anything. So I don't know, I really wanted to play this but if I can't get it to work I'll just play that and sell this game.
12-22-2010, 11:20 PM
You can decline the update, but if your xbox isn't connected to the internet then it won't prompt at all. It does use somewhat the same technology as Your Shape, so it should definitely be working! When you turn off and turn on your xbox, and wave to kinect, does it say "Identifying..." and then sign you in automatically?

12-22-2010, 11:24 PM
(12-22-2010 11:20 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  You can decline the update, but if your xbox isn't connected to the internet then it won't prompt at all. It does use somewhat the same technology as Your Shape, so it should definitely be working! When you turn off and turn on your xbox, and wave to kinect, does it say "Identifying..." and then sign you in automatically?

Yeah that's what is really irritating me, it signs me in no problem. It doesn't even take it long. But when I try and play Biggest Loser it sits there and says Identifying for like 10 minutes and freezes in between and everything. It takes me 10 minutes to find out that it's still not working lol.
12-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Lol that is pretty crappy. Hmmmmmm ok see if lets you play without signing in, although it would probably make the game moot since it won't track you, but you can try anyway...when it's identifying, do the universal pause thing, right arm against leg and left arm 45 degree angle down, it *should* bring up the in game menu, and see if you can sign in from there or skip ahead or something with luck lol

12-22-2010, 11:34 PM
(12-22-2010 11:31 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Lol that is pretty crappy. Hmmmmmm ok see if lets you play without signing in, although it would probably make the game moot since it won't track you, but you can try anyway...when it's identifying, do the universal pause thing, right arm against leg and left arm 45 degree angle down, it *should* bring up the in game menu, and see if you can sign in from there or skip ahead or something with luck lol

I've tried signing in from there, even though most of the time I'm already signed in because of the recognition thing. But I'll try signing out and then letting it identify me.
12-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Wierd question - is your body temp cold or warm?

12-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Hmm I haven't heard of that...did you let it apply the update?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Biggest Loser Help!! aamers8421 5 3,714 12-23-2011 12:58 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  Biggest Loser Settings Help lhessmom 2 1,970 07-28-2011 03:34 PM
Last Post: lhessmom
  Biggest Loser, preset programs issue PUP4TLUC 0 2,044 05-09-2011 01:19 AM
Last Post: PUP4TLUC