Xbox Kinect

/ / v /

The Milo A.I. and a Hybrid control scheme

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-14-2011, 12:07 AM
You know, I have been having this idea ever since I first saw Milo back at E3 2009, and I hope MS hasn't scrapped it at all, because Milo might be the most revolutionary thing in the history of everything. Now, everyone here knows about Milo, right? And we all know that Hybrid games that use a 360 controller in conjunction with Kinect are coming, right? Well, I was thinking about taking those two things and just combining them together.

I'll give you a example: Imagine you are sitting at home playing a JRPG and talking to your party members, and when I mean talking to them, I mean you actually believe you are talking to real people. Unexpectedly, a woman comes up to you and says that her child has been kidnapped. When your party members accept her plea of help, you grab your controller and start to walk out of the village, ready to save the day.

This wouldn't be just limited to just JRPG's or WRPG's, it could be applied to FPS's, racing games, sport games, you name it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2011, 12:13 AM
RE: The Milo A.I. and a Hybrid control scheme
Well Lionhead must be working on something!
02-14-2011, 09:11 PM
I do not fully understand your idea, could you explain a bit more? Big Grin

Thanks!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2011, 12:10 AM
(02-14-2011 09:11 PM)Clemens Wrote:  I do not fully understand your idea, could you explain a bit more? Big Grin

Thanks!

I can't really explain in words. Here, just watch this video
and just apply what you just saw to every game you play, that's basically what I'm saying.
02-15-2011, 10:37 AM
(02-15-2011 12:10 AM)nunubx Wrote:  
(02-14-2011 09:11 PM)Clemens Wrote:  I do not fully understand your idea, could you explain a bit more? Big Grin

Thanks!

I can't really explain in words. Here, just watch this video
and just apply what you just saw to every game you play, that's basically what I'm saying.

I knew Milo's game concept (of course) but seeing the video again, gives me some extra input on my thoughts. Yes, I feel that might work well. It would involve a great deal of programming, and sharing of resources, but yes... an RPG could definitely be made more awesome this way.

Earlier, I posted an idea on 'reading the lines' in mass effect, instead of selecting them with your controller - to increase the emergence. I think we're on the same page.. our ideas somewhat merge, but mine may be simpler to realize.

However, I would definitely love speech recognition in games rather sooner than later Wink

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2011, 02:15 PM
(02-15-2011 10:37 AM)Clemens Wrote:  I knew Milo's game concept (of course) but seeing the video again, gives me some extra input on my thoughts. Yes, I feel that might work well. It would involve a great deal of programming, and sharing of resources, but yes... an RPG could definitely be made more awesome this way.

Earlier, I posted an idea on 'reading the lines' in mass effect, instead of selecting them with your controller - to increase the emergence. I think we're on the same page.. our ideas somewhat merge, but mine may be simpler to realize.

However, I would definitely love speech recognition in games rather sooner than later Wink

Speaking of Milo, do you know if they gonna do something with it ?

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
Canada GMT-5
02-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Lightbulb RE: The Milo A.I. and a Hybrid control scheme
(02-15-2011 10:37 AM)Clemens Wrote:  However, I would definitely love speech recognition in games rather sooner than later Wink

Sega should port (or make a sequel to) Seaman for Kinect. Not only could you talk to it the same as the original (or even better if they make a sequel) but you could use your hands to do the various actions rather than use the joypad. Check out this review (although it doesn't show a lot of the actions you can do and for some reason he hasn't recorded himself talking to Seaman, just Seaman's questions and replies. He's added text to the video instead but that's not how it is in the game, all convos are via voice recognition, there's no text input.):

By the way, the game is often hilarious Big Grin :

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!