We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

They lied about the LAG!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
They lied about the LAG!!!
11-11-2010, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2010 01:18 AM by King Backslap.)
Thumbs Up They lied about the LAG!!!
This is all i read about, it's laggy laggy. Man, get outta town. I was actually playin black ops earlier and tried to see how much lag there actually is between the button presses and in game movements, and even the controller has some lag, its the same. Just scare stories from people scared of what they don't understand!!!

Besides that, LOVE IT...i can't explain the feeling of using the menus in yourshape...it's literally like something out of a sci fi movie. To be honest i feel sorry for those with closed minds, who will never get to try the device. Love it.

Only gripe is the space, it does require quite a bit for 2 players. However saying that i got Kinect sports working with two players just under six feet. But yea it is a bit space hungry. Otherwise, i look forward to the next two three years of seeing the system grow!

Oh love this site btw guys. Good work!!

My Youtube.... Games and Beer :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2010, 01:44 AM
RE: They lied about the LAG!!!
wow thanks for the praise!

And your story, love the fact that you are both emjoying Black Ops & Your Shape: Can't we all just get along? hehe.

Anyways, welcome to the community, great you love the experience of the Kinect! Lag is indeed a non-issue, as many on this site have said before you. However, Kinect will flourish, haters are gonna hate, all the others will come around!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2010, 02:24 AM
Yea man im a gamer, i love all sorts. If Kinect come out on the PS3 then i would have got a PS3. Im 31, too old for fanboyism. Good work with the site, this is my first chance to get a look around the forums.

My Youtube.... Games and Beer :-)
11-11-2010, 06:04 PM
(11-11-2010 02:24 AM)King Backslap Wrote:  Yea man im a gamer, i love all sorts. If Kinect come out on the PS3 then i would have got a PS3. Im 31, too old for fanboyism. Good work with the site, this is my first chance to get a look around the forums.

There is a slight lag, but I read somewhere once that it is close to the same amount on a controller. The only difference is that you can't physically see the lag from a button press to on screen. It's a lot easier to see an arm moving up a fraction of a second behind the actual movement. I can't remember where I read this. But yeah, lag is there, but not much more then what happens when you use a controller.

I don't get it....how could someone possibly say Dance Revolution or Dance Party 2 is better then Dance Central? That's like saying, canned chicken is better then roasted chicken. Have they even played Dance Central?
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
11-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Information RE: They lied about the LAG!!!
(11-11-2010 06:04 PM)UndgnfiedWrshpr Wrote:  
(11-11-2010 02:24 AM)King Backslap Wrote:  Yea man im a gamer, i love all sorts. If Kinect come out on the PS3 then i would have got a PS3. Im 31, too old for fanboyism. Good work with the site, this is my first chance to get a look around the forums.

There is a slight lag, but I read somewhere once that it is close to the same amount on a controller. The only difference is that you can't physically see the lag from a button press to on screen. It's a lot easier to see an arm moving up a fraction of a second behind the actual movement. I can't remember where I read this. But yeah, lag is there, but not much more then what happens when you use a controller.

But that doesn't even happen, at least not in Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports, Your Shape (demo) or the dashboard, which are the only things I've tried so far. There's literally no perceptible lag whatsoever, when I move anything the character/cursor moves at exactly the same time, no delay at all. I'm very impressed! (And so are my parents!) Big Grin
11-12-2010, 02:20 AM
(11-12-2010 01:03 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  ... move anything the character/cursor moves at exactly the same time, no delay at all. I'm very impressed! (And so are my parents!) Big Grin

yes, that's how the world works. Impress your parents >> get them to support you >> get free games Big Grin

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2010, 05:48 PM
(11-12-2010 02:20 AM)Clemens Wrote:  
(11-12-2010 01:03 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  ... move anything the character/cursor moves at exactly the same time, no delay at all. I'm very impressed! (And so are my parents!) Big Grin

yes, that's how the world works. Impress your parents >> get them to support you >> get free games Big Grin

That is exactly what I've been doing hehe Tongue

[Image: 5177851846_1e51259f42.jpg]
GT: SlammerD Forum Rules
11-12-2010, 08:30 PM
But that doesn't even happen, at least not in Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports, Your Shape (demo) or the dashboard, which are the only things I've tried so far. There's literally no perceptible lag whatsoever, when I move anything the character/cursor moves at exactly the same time, no delay at all. I'm very impressed! (And so are my parents!) Big Grin

[/quote]

hey i have kinect 2 days now and i have a bit lag (not that is matters much because its not much) but you say you have no lagg at all! Am i doing something wrong? i didn't do kinect ID yet (because i cant scroll to the left or right in kinect hub). maybe that has something to do with it?
11-12-2010, 08:37 PM
(11-12-2010 08:30 PM)sande Wrote:  But that doesn't even happen, at least not in Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports, Your Shape (demo) or the dashboard, which are the only things I've tried so far. There's literally no perceptible lag whatsoever, when I move anything the character/cursor moves at exactly the same time, no delay at all. I'm very impressed! (And so are my parents!) Big Grin

hey i have kinect 2 days now and i have a bit lag (not that is matters much because its not much) but you say you have no lagg at all! Am i doing something wrong? i didn't do kinect ID yet (because i cant scroll to the left or right in kinect hub). maybe that has something to do with it?
[/quote]

Kinect ID won't help with lag. Basically the more you use the kinect, the more it gets used to the layout of your room and gets better at tracking. To be honest though, there is a slight lag, so don't beat yourself up to try to get rid of it. When someone says they have no lag at all, they are overstating the facts. It's there ever so slightly. Some games are more noticable then others. But let me be clear, it's not much more then what you get from a controller, it's just easier to see it while using body motions and not pushing buttons.

I don't get it....how could someone possibly say Dance Revolution or Dance Party 2 is better then Dance Central? That's like saying, canned chicken is better then roasted chicken. Have they even played Dance Central?
11-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Question RE: They lied about the LAG!!!
(11-12-2010 08:37 PM)UndgnfiedWrshpr Wrote:  Kinect ID won't help with lag. Basically the more you use the kinect, the more it gets used to the layout of your room and gets better at tracking. To be honest though, there is a slight lag, so don't beat yourself up to try to get rid of it. When someone says they have no lag at all, they are overstating the facts. It's there ever so slightly. Some games are more noticable then others. But let me be clear, it's not much more then what you get from a controller, it's just easier to see it while using body motions and not pushing buttons.

I'm confused, what games are you playing that have any lag? I've put my hand/arm out in the games Kinect Adventures, Your Shape (demo) and some of the Kinect Sports games so I could properly watch both my hand/arm and the character on screen at exactly the same time as I moved and couldn't see any lag, it was almost like looking in a CG mirror, lol! I'm not overstating it, if I saw any lag I'd say like I said about the tiny amount of lag in Kinect Sports Boxing when you you're doing lots of punches. (The blocking is also sometimes awkward in that too but then again I'[m not set up properly yet so I do get glitches and Kinect "loses" me sometimes.)
11-12-2010, 09:06 PM
I'd say my lag is about .5 to 1 second max...but just like Un said...it's the same as pushing a button..you can just see it in real time now. If you are getting like a 5 second delay (for example) jumping...then there's some other problem, possibly you got a bad kinect out of the bunch...which I am very shocked now that I think about it. Not one person has reported any issue with the hardware.

[Image: TheZeeMan]
11-12-2010, 09:12 PM
(11-12-2010 09:06 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  I'd say my lag is about .5 to 1 second max...but just like Un said...it's the same as pushing a button..you can just see it in real time now. If you are getting like a 5 second delay (for example) jumping...then there's some other problem, possibly you got a bad kinect out of the bunch...which I am very shocked now that I think about it. Not one person has reported any issue with the hardware.

0.5 to 1 second??! I'd say you might have a problem with your Kinect!! When I'm set up properly I'll try to take a little video of mine to show the lack of lag.
11-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I don't know, maybe my eye can just catch it better. Put in Joyride and when it shows you standing by your car, raise your hands and bring them back down. Lag is there ever-so-slightly. It's not horrid, but it's there.

11-12-2010, 09:22 PM
LOL Maybe! I don't know though, it doesn't interefere with any good game yet. The only game I really had lag issues with was MotionSports...but that was just the game Tongue

[Image: TheZeeMan]
11-12-2010, 09:23 PM
(11-12-2010 09:20 PM)UndgnfiedWrshpr Wrote:  I don't know, maybe my eye can just catch it better. Put in Joyride and when it shows you standing by your car, raise your hands and bring them back down. Lag is there ever-so-slightly. It's not horrid, but it's there.

I haven't tried Joyride yet (I'd have to download the demo) so maybe there's lag in that, just not in what I've played so far. Do you get lag in Kinect Adventures?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)