/ / v /

Tracking Changes Won't Save

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Hi all:

Great forum, first time poster, probably repeating a subject (sorry). When I go thru the "Tracking" routine to manually tilt the camera angle down, Xbox will complete the routine, see me, tell me "I look great", and then proceed to return the camera angle to horizontal, and won't save the change I'm trying to make. The save routine seems to be returning to default instead of saving the changes.

My setup is a 70" Sharp Aquos LCD, wall mounted, Kinect camera on top of the TV (using Zoom and the associated stand) probably at about 7 feet high. I have about 6 - 7 feet of space in front of the TV (hence why I am using Zoom and mounting it on top of the TV). I've tried different configurations (camera lower, no Zoom, et al) but same results. Pretty sure I'm running the process correctly, but obviously I'm doing something wrong, or the XBOX is faulty somehow.

Any thoughts?? Thanks to all in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2012, 10:12 AM
RE: Tracking Changes Won't Save
(02-25-2012 07:48 AM)XBOX AZ Wrote:  Hi all:

Great forum, first time poster, probably repeating a subject (sorry). When I go thru the "Tracking" routine to manually tilt the camera angle down, Xbox will complete the routine, see me, tell me "I look great", and then proceed to return the camera angle to horizontal, and won't save the change I'm trying to make. The save routine seems to be returning to default instead of saving the changes.

My setup is a 70" Sharp Aquos LCD, wall mounted, Kinect camera on top of the TV (using Zoom and the associated stand) probably at about 7 feet high. I have about 6 - 7 feet of space in front of the TV (hence why I am using Zoom and mounting it on top of the TV). I've tried different configurations (camera lower, no Zoom, et al) but same results. Pretty sure I'm running the process correctly, but obviously I'm doing something wrong, or the XBOX is faulty somehow.

make sure you're pressing A to continue instead of pressing B.

if you're still having problems, have you tried exiting back to the dashboard, then clearing your system cache, then redoing the kinect tuner and using the manual tilt option?

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
02-25-2012, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2012 02:54 AM by legreffer.)
Thx for the feedback. Yes, I'm pressing the right buttons because it goes thru the save routine, says it sees me great, then says saving tracking changes, says I'm ready to play. During this process the camera tilt goes back to it's original position, and does not stay in the "Saved" position anymore. I'll go to a game and the camera stays at the horizontal (not tilted down position I supposedly just saved). I just tried running the entire initial set up routine again, same result. Any other thoughts by the group would be appreciated. Thanks.

(02-25-2012 10:12 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  

make sure you're pressing A to continue instead of pressing B.

if you're still having problems, have you tried exiting back to the dashboard, then clearing your system cache, then redoing the kinect tuner and using the manual tilt option?
02-26-2012, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2012 09:15 PM by Jersmall.)

is it acutally causing any problems in game play or youjust want to manipulate it? usually the kinect will adjust iteslf depending on what you are doing. it scans up and down till it can see everything the way it needs.

for example always take my kinect down after im done and i never use tuning. I just turn kinect sports on and the kinect adjusts itself when it asks you to lift your arms. for track and field it lowers a bit to focus on legs while boxing it focuses more on the upper body.

so unless youare experiencing game play problems i dont see why you even need to adjust it at all. i have done the tunning only once when i got it and never had any problems afterwards.

also with 6-7 feet of space, the zoom is not needed. i have about the same distance maybe a bit less but thats up to you. my setupp is in the photo its pretty simple and you can see how i angle my TV when i wan to play. i then move it again when im done to watch TV.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-27-2012, 02:15 AM
Information RE: Tracking Changes Won't Save
Here is a really helpful little Kinect Tuner guide from Virtual Air Guitar on their Kung Fu: High Impact website:

http://www.kungfuhighimpact.com/help/

Also personally I wouldn't touch the Zoom accessory and Microsoft advises against buying or using it.
02-27-2012, 04:17 AM
Jersmall:

Thx for the comments. Yes, it is causing problems during gameplay, because the kinect camera is pointing way too high, and only catches my head in the picture. I can tell this by the camera insets that show both during the kinect menu navigation (the small inset at bottom right of the screen) and during gameplay (in Just Dance, the camera inset only shows my head as well). So not sure what to think, I'm probably going to have to return the entire system and start from scratch.

Corellianrogue:

Thx also for the post. I'll take a look at the link you posted, and I've also tried the entire set-up routine WITHOUT the Zoom, and I get the same result. So don't think it's the Zoom, but anything's possible.

Thx again to all. Will keep the forum posted with any successes / failures I continue to encounter.
02-27-2012, 06:49 AM
my last peice of advice would be to lower your kinnect,you mentioned its about 7 feethigh.

if i remember it mentions 4-6 feet is the ideal height.

mine is about 5 feet high working flawless as always.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tracking issues Mclmar 14 2,337 11-22-2011 09:02 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
Question Kinect Hand Tracking Orientation foreverflash 4 2,782 06-22-2011 06:22 PM
Last Post: amillermba
  Kinect Tuner: Tracking and Audio legreffer 2 7,822 02-16-2011 07:36 PM
Last Post: UndgnfiedWrshpr