/ / v /

Tracking Issues in Kinectimals & Your Shape?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2011, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2011 08:17 PM by UndgnfiedWrshpr.)
Okay, has anyone else had these issues? Kinectimals: Doing tricks, it did fine at the beginning, but as the tricks became more difficult, my cub won't do them. Your Shape: back step/side step...can never do it in rhythm and I swear to everything holy I am. The Zen....it's next to impossible to get my figure to match dead on. They should have made the green bars pre-set so that I could match them in stead of trying to line them up myself. Am I alone on this? I have my kinect at 5'8" and have calibrated the heck out of it. Irritating.

I don't get it....how could someone possibly say Dance Revolution or Dance Party 2 is better then Dance Central? That's like saying, canned chicken is better then roasted chicken. Have they even played Dance Central?
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Lightbulb RE: Tracking Issues in Kinectimals & Your Shape?
(04-07-2011 08:16 PM)UndgnfiedWrshpr Wrote:  Okay, has anyone else had these issues? Kinectimals: Doing tricks, it did fine at the beginning, but as the tricks became more difficult, my cub won't do them. Your Shape: back step/side step...can never do it in rhythm and I swear to everything holy I am. The Zen....it's next to impossible to get my figure to match dead on. They should have made the green bars pre-set so that I could match them in stead of trying to line them up myself. Am I alone on this? I have my kinect at 5'8" and have calibrated the heck out of it. Irritating.

I just thought of something, have you tried dusting the Kinect's lenses? I'm thinking that maybe dusty lenses could cause problems. (And make sure you don't touch them of course, in case of fingerprints.) The other thing is to check that there isn't anything reflective near Kinect or a light pointing at it. (Like if you're playing during the day and have a window behind you, if the Sun is at a certain angle it can create the ray effect where you get a shaft of light. If that shaft hits Kinect I'm guessing it could affect the IR.)
Find all posts by this user
04-08-2011, 01:11 AM
RE: Tracking Issues in Kinectimals & Your Shape?
acutally ive heard about this game having crappy tracking with the coach in a review befor.

I beleive its a problem with the game itself along with thing like when a limb gets hidden behind other limbs so the kinect acutally has no possible way of seeing it.

now if you could put two+ kinects in one room so they sync together would work great Smile
04-14-2011, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2011 05:00 PM by legreffer.)
Corellianrogue Wrote:I just thought of something, have you tried dusting the Kinect's lenses? I'm thinking that maybe dusty lenses could cause problems. (And make sure you don't touch them of course, in case of fingerprints.) The other thing is to check that there isn't anything reflective near Kinect or a light pointing at it. (Like if you're playing during the day and have a window behind you, if the Sun is at a certain angle it can create the ray effect where you get a shaft of light. If that shaft hits Kinect I'm guessing it could affect the IR.)

I guess I should have mentioned all of the above. Yeah, I know all these things. No light is hitting it and I clean it all the time. I think it's the games themselves. Oh well, I'll just keep playing them and get my workout. Thanks for the replies.

I don't get it....how could someone possibly say Dance Revolution or Dance Party 2 is better then Dance Central? That's like saying, canned chicken is better then roasted chicken. Have they even played Dance Central?
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
04-16-2011, 04:24 PM
UndgnfiedWrshpr --- No you are NOT alone. YOuShape does have its issues on tracking. I can relate to everything you have stated. I do the Cardio Boxing, I have done them perfectly and I get docked. I'm like WTF for? An you do get irritated while your in the routines because you are thinking of what you did wrong to get docked. I know I do and it frustrated the heck out of me. So you are not alone.

I do not have kinectimals so I can not say anything on that game. I have played the demo and i have to admit. I did like that game at least the demo version. No I am not running out to go get it. I am waiting on a much bigger game that is supposed to be coming out end of this month...can you guess what game I am after? A clue VT4....

Peace

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
04-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Same as you meistroracer, about YourShape (I almost stopped using it) and VT4 Big Grin

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
Yesterday, 11:01 AM
I am having no issues with Your Shape tracking, if that helps.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Yesterday, 10:10 PM
(04-16-2011 04:24 PM)meistroracer Wrote:  I do not have kinectimals so I can not say anything on that game. I have played the demo and i have to admit. I did like that game at least the demo version. No I am not running out to go get it. I am waiting on a much bigger game that is supposed to be coming out end of this month...can you guess what game I am after? A clue VT4....

I have kinectimals and I thnk there are issues for the more complex tricks. I have not tried them myself so I cannot say for sure but both of my daughters have had trouble with the advanced tricks. I think there motions are fine but the game does not respond very well.

Perhaps I should play it more to get to those levels and see for myself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Your Shape New free DLC : G Series FIT Workout with Gunnar Peterson legreffer 5 367 04-05-2011 09:12 PM
Last Post: HazyCloud
  The Your Shape Fitness Challenge! TheZeeMan 12 892 03-13-2011 08:01 PM
Last Post: legreffer
  Your Shape Add-ons Sale legreffer 6 604 03-11-2011 09:49 PM
Last Post: legreffer
  Kinect 3D head tracking doogie88 1 368 03-09-2011 12:52 AM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  Your Shape "Nivea Tone-up" free DLC legreffer 4 562 03-03-2011 03:26 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Kinect Tuner: Tracking and Audio legreffer 2 695 02-16-2011 07:36 PM
Last Post: UndgnfiedWrshpr

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)