Xbox Kinect

/ / v /

Unleash your avatar - LOL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2011, 01:14 PM
I thought about putting this on the front page, but figured this is a better place.

[Image: e24d1d1f-3856-40ed-8d84-838d466f5ffc.JPG...020911.JPG]

Fathead

Your Xbox LIVE avatar is a FatheadĀ®. At least it can be. The leading brand in Sports and Entertainment Wall Graphics has partnered with Microsoft to allow you to create a custom Fathead of your avatar. Just enter your gamertag, select from one of ten poses, pick your size up to 4 ft x 6Ā½ ft, and Fathead will print and ship your custom Fathead Xbox LIVE avatar. You can stick it on any smooth indoor surface, it's moveable and reusable.

[Image: 381d9046-ee66-4943-b8c0-c679a2349ef7.JPG...print3.JPG]

FigurePrints

Recreate your favorite Xbox LIVE Avatar as a fully detailed 3-D replica rivaling the beauty of any miniature figure ever made. Using 3-D modeling techniques pioneered by special effects houses and manufacturing technology that allows even the most complicated of these models to be created, FigurePrints can bring your fully outfitted, one-of-a-kind Xbox LIVE avatar to your doorstep.

[Image: 5be0d56f-0038-441e-a93a-8a0379739a8e.JPG...50x190.JPG]

Zune Originals

Zune Originals lets you choose from 10 awesome Avatar poses to be etched on the back of a Zune HD. Simply choose the device color and storage capacity that is right for you and strike a pose!

For a limited time save up to $70 off and receive a free AC adapter with a device purchase.

Microsoft releases this info on the ability to purchase personalized Avatar stuff. A GREAT idea imo. Will you be buying any of these? I'm seriously considering the wall-sticker Tongue(fathead).

More info: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/unleash

Also, it would be AWESOME for kids imo. Nicely decorate someones room with this. What do you think?

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 05:34 PM
RE: Unleash your avatar - LOL
I'm totally going to order one of the Avatar figures. $60 USD seems high, but can you put a price on awesomeness?

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
Yesterday, 05:51 PM
Question RE: Unleash your avatar - LOL
(Yesterday 05:34 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  I'm totally going to order one of the Avatar figures. $60 USD seems high, but can you put a price on awesomeness?

Imagine getting a figure of your avatar when the new avatar system comes out? (The photorealistic one they're working on.) That will be awesome and freaky, lol! Where does it say it will cost $60 though? Are you sure that's not the combined price for all 3, Fathead, FigurePrints and Zune Originals together? If it is just for FigurePrints then that is a bit steep! Sad
Find all posts by this user
Today, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: Today 04:24 PM by HazyCloud.)
RE: Unleash your avatar - LOL
(Yesterday 05:51 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  
(Yesterday 05:34 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  I'm totally going to order one of the Avatar figures. $60 USD seems high, but can you put a price on awesomeness?

Imagine getting a figure of your avatar when the new avatar system comes out? (The photorealistic one they're working on.) That will be awesome and freaky, lol! Where does it say it will cost $60 though? Are you sure that's not the combined price for all 3, Fathead, FigurePrints and Zune Originals together? If it is just for FigurePrints then that is a bit steep! Sad

I read on Joystiq that the figure prints were 60. You have to basically get all the way to checkout before you can see the price. It's steep, but that's about the average price for digital printing like this.

I'm still unsure about the "new" avatar system. I prefer having one that looks like me, not an identical replica of me. SmileDoes it state anywhere that this is actually coming?

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
Today, 05:29 PM
Information RE: Unleash your avatar - LOL
(Today 04:24 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  
(Yesterday 05:51 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  

I read on Joystiq that the figure prints were 60. You have to basically get all the way to checkout before you can see the price. It's steep, but that's about the average price for digital printing like this.

I'm still unsure about the "new" avatar system. I prefer having one that looks like me, not an identical replica of me. SmileDoes it state anywhere that this is actually coming?

There's a video of it in the news section here and also a longer article on a news website, USA Today I think. One extra cool feature it's got (that they might even have an, obviously far more simple, example of in the first version of Avatar Kinect) is that you can use it for text based messages and it will not only read them out (I don't know if it will use a generic synthetic voice or whether maybe it can sample and synthesize your voice, which would be awesome!) but the avatar's face (so your face) will animate realistically! Check out the video in the news section, I'm positive they demo that feature. It's not finished yet so won't be coming out for a while so it's not like it's coming in the Spring update, that will obviously just be the first version of Avatar Kinect. (Maybe they'll even wait until the next Xbox?) And like I said in the article comments, I'm sure they'll let you choose what sort of avatar you want to use, cartoony or realistic. (In fact maybe they'll add other styles in-between too.)
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation The Future of Avatar Kinect! Corellianrogue 2 114 03-01-2011 11:07 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Any game that you can use your personal Kinect avatar to play in-game? ProjectNatalFan 13 560 01-19-2011 02:23 AM
Last Post: Clemens

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)